1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50" 4K TV Having Some Pink/Purple Spots Only When Displaying Black?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by kanej2007, Feb 17, 2018.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Several days back my dumb and clumsy wife knocked my TV down.

Luckily it was not severely damaged, however, I noticed that when displaying very dark or black colours, there are two or three tiny pinkish or purplish spots which is distracting.

When looking at light colours or whites there is no visible blotches. Why is it only visible when displaying blacks?

Anything I can try to do to remove them? Thanks gurus.

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Bump. Anyone? Surely there is some way of getting rid of these faint marks, even if the chances are very slim?

Some software perhaps or even pressure around the area? Anything I can possibly do?

And why are the marks showing in blacks but not at all in whites?

3. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
    Should have gotten the ”clumsy wife knocking down my tv insurance” when you bought it :)

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    :(

Man, if I was to give you a list of how many phones she has gone through...

Constant repairs as they are constantly dropped and eventually cracked. :confused::eek::rolleyes:

5. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    They don't sell phone protectors where you live? I have a hard glass protector for the screen and a hard cover for the back. Small price of both of those things saves you a lot of money.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Still broke it. Front glass protector cracked and eventually the edges crack due to multiple drops, there is only so much abuse it can take...

7. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    That sucks man. I dropped mine once but luckily the glass protector saved it. Glass protector had to get replaced but at least no damage was caused to my phone.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^

Yeah, it is to be expected that after multiple drops the phone will eventually break.

She needs to have at the very least one of those tough army style/builders phone such as the Caterpillar otherwise even better she shouldn't own a phone!!