50°C loaded and artifacts

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kozanostra, Aug 16, 2005.

1. kozanostra

kozanostra Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7800GS 91.31@ 468/1552
    hey gurus,

in JUICED i get artifacts. thought my gpu is getting to hot but i took a look in rivatuner and it showed me 53°C on running game?! whats the problem

2. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    driver related, perhaps.

3. mildew

mildew Member Guru

GPU:
    Triplex 9800pro
    i find that console conversions tend to be ultra sensitive to gpu overclocking. they seem to thrash the pixel shaders more than native pc software.

you may be experiencing "uneven burn in", where the raster pipelines have had plenty of electrons through them, but the shader hardware is far less burned in.

then you get a pixel shader heavy game, and they cant hack it.

also remember that the gpu core has hundreds (thousands?) of hot/cool spots. the reported temperature is just a guideline - pixel shaders tend to be the hottest spot on the core.

put more simply, im guessing your card cant really hack 575 core, and its now damaged.

m

4. kozanostra

kozanostra Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 7800GS 91.31@ 468/1552

this is the only game i get artifacts in!!! all other games running fine with same oc settigs!!! benchmarks running fine too! the card cant be damaged

5. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    It is probably a problem with the game. Check for a patch or something...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  6. jawshuwa

jawshuwa Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    artifact com efrom vram snow and dots come from the core, rivatuner dont display vram temps. also I would look into the game rather than your hardware seeing how it only happens with that game

7. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    If all your other games run fine, then it's obviously a problem with the game itself.

If it's not, you would be noticing it elsewhere by now.

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is the game fine if you run the card at stock? If it is, then it's the overclock causing it - it's as simple as that. Some games just artifact easier on certain cards. I remember back a couple of years ago when I had a 9800Pro. Everything ran artifact free, except the old game Max Payne 1.