5.1 Analog upgrade?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by JBCool, Dec 2, 2020.

1. JBCool

JBCool Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hey guys,

For years, I've been using an old Aiwa 5.1 shelf speaker system for my pc and it's been great. Unfortunately, the receiver randomly turns off now for some reason and I think I should buy a new speaker setup.

It has 5.1 analog inputs connected to my Soundblaster ZxR. What's out there nowadays that would be a worthy replacement?

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  3. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  4. JBCool

JBCool Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Haha my wife would love me even more if I bought those. ;)

The S760d actually looks like it would be decent. I'll keep it in mind!

Are there any suggestions for components if I wanted to piece a system together myself, instead of an all-in-one option?

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    if you have a budget and scope of what you want, thats helpful ;)

6. JBCool

JBCool Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Less than $1000. A surround setup that works with old and new titles. I have plenty of space, so speakers can be much larger than "normal sized" gaming speakers.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    How close do you plan to have the speakers? I used to do a nearfield setup with Klipsch Quintet II 5.0 speakers and added a sub

8. JBCool

JBCool Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    My front speakers are on my desk, about 3ft from my chair. I could also put front speakers on stands around 5ft away.

Here are the specs of my current system (which is dying), just for reference. https://www.cnet.com/products/aiwa-nsx-ma845-mini-system/

9. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    you can still find them at some retailers but I have 3 sets of these in my Home, Living Room, Bedroom and Mancave, all with digital and analogue inputs, have yet to find anything that sounds better and has the same outright power and capability to shake the damn house!
    Logitech Z5500 I managed to pick all mine up new the oldest set is 6 years old I bought the newest this Year brand new, the newer Z906 are not as good but do have more setup options my newest set replaced these in my mancave, the wall mounts could be better but for the price they are outstanding.