4K 60hz on Desktop, W10

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Dictator93, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Hey Gurus,

I was curious if anyone was getting poor desktop performance through HDMI 2.0 on windows 10. I am running a titan X, 1000 W PSU, and 3840X2160 @ 60hz on Windows 10 with the latest NV drivers.

In windows 7 X64 this did not occur, but now the desktop at the above settings is visually sluggish, skippy, and has inconsistent load problems. Further more, each mouse movement is even causing a making a capacitor/load sound from my PSU (which never ever happened on W7). Games run perfectly fine at those settings, but I believe it is a problem of the GPU not being properly clocked or calibrated for the driver at such high visual settings in 2D.

FOr example, leaving a game has the desktop being responsive and visually artifact free for a few seconds, then as 2D clocks kick in (presumably) and power levels go down, the sluggish, skippy, and visually inconsistent mess returns.

Driver Issue? PSU Issue? This did not happen with Windows 7 though (to repeat).

2. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
  3. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Thanks for the reply. THis is exactly the issue I am having. I hope NV sorts this out, it is pretty hard to nav the desktop in 4k at all.

4. bossj00

bossj00 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI
    Yes - It's HORRIBLE. I took back a TV because my games were locking up/ green screen flashing (SLI issues) - blacking out / programs would randomly flash.

Hooked up my Titan X to a 4k monitor with Display port - Everything is smooth as butter.

5. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
    Just to add if you looked at the Geforce thread. If you turn on Mouse pointer trails the problem on the desktop goes away. The problem is if you leave that setting on while gaming you will not be able to see your mouse icon. So I leave it on on my desktop and just have to remember to turn it off when I game. It sucks to do but it does fix the problem.

6. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    It is disturbing that this is aproblem in the first place. I hope NV actually fixes it, especially considering how ubiquitous HDMI 2.0 is going to become in due time... especially now with w10.

7. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
    I agree with you. nv is being lazy in my opinion since this bug has been around for a while now on win 10 drivers and how much ppl use 4k tvs.

8. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
    Just wanted to add that the new 355.80 hotfix driver does not fix this yet. NV needs to get there game together.