4870x2 + 9800GTX+ as physx don't work, help!

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by CDMC, Jul 8, 2011.

1. shimyns

shimyns Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    The question is if it is better to get a green card or get a red card of basically the same performance but somewhat cheaper and add a dedicated physX card (using the money you saved on the red card).

For instance, you could get a 570 GTX or a HD6950 + GTS250 (inno3d) for basically the same price. Considering only performance (power consumption etc aside) which would be better? Is there any sense in doing the second option?

I ask this because I will be upgrading my main card (when the 7000 series is released) and I could either stay red or go green.

Edit: I think that most people would say that if your main card is red and you already have a card you can use for physX fine, use it, but it's not worth buying... All the more so if you are replacing your main card anyway...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  2. CDMC

CDMC Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX560 2GB
    ill go for green. just saying :)

3. 1boolet

1boolet Active Member

GPU:
    5970+5850GPU+gf460gtx PPU
    my 460 is doing an awesome job in hybrid physx iNo green card 4 me its too expensive in my country...

runing eyefinity with hybrid physx... green camp for the last pci e in my rig :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012