4830 problems, artifacts

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Craigfanman, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Craigfanman

Craigfanman Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Hi. So today my computers being a bit wierd, in windows it keeps showing little yellow or blue dots which i guess are artifacts. I have overclocked my 4830 before but nothing that drastic, and I've put it back to stock now. My CPU is overclocked but I imagine the problem here is with the graphics card. Games seem to run fine (cod4, l4d etc) with no noticeable artifacts. I don't think my temps are too high, the card usually runs about 50c idle and peaks at 65-70c after heavy usage. I'm also using the latest drivers (9.6). So basically I just wondered if anyone has experienced this before and knows what to do, thanks.

Here's the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's what those pictures look like when I previewd this post:

[​IMG]

Recursive distortion for the lose :(

Thanks.

2. NemesisT103

NemesisT103 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Ati HD 5850
    I would try resetting all the OC to stok including the processor and see how it goes, also did you always had your card running under OC? how much was it from the stock clocks.

3. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    Its running too hot brother......down, boy..down!!!

4. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Try your card in another PC. If it doesn't happen, it's your motherboard. If it still happens, the card is dead.

5. elecg2

elecg2 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800.640MB(VOLT,Memory Ti
    Return this card to market and DONT SAY NOTHING to vendor, say only the problems and you dont know wats happen!!! simple!!! yes, the ATI have much money, some peoples now, and, now is your time to do an expert action!
    Bye

6. Craigfanman

Craigfanman Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Well it started happening in games so I got a bit worried, but then I closed ATI Tray Tools and everything is fine. I guess it was just doing something weird that I didn't want it to maybe. Anyway it's ok now so I won't be overclocking this card again (for a while :p)

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

What? I didn't understand anything that you just said.

P.S., how's your 8800GTS with the unlocked sharders? Is it still playing Crysis on high?