1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4790K and Asus Gene VII

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by macdaddy, Sep 2, 2018.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    i am having trouble with that my cpu is not entering C1 state. Voltages are stuck auto or manual while adaptive gives too high a voltage. Is this a known problem ? I don't see the voltages move down at all. Before that i had a 4770k with gigabyte mobo and even as i set oc and manual voltage It will still downclock cpu to stock and lower voltages. Running latest bios too. Any ideas why its not entering C1 state ?

2. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
  3. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
  4. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Asus uses default auto c-state control. In reality it doesn't work at all and keeps them disabled.

Go to CPU power and by c-states select manual, now it will use all up to c7s.

By windows power save it will go c7s; balanced plan c3, high perf. c0.

C1/C1e also activates by high perf. Power plan if CPU doesn't have any load then main cpu voltage drops.

6. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Thanks mate. I found the problem. Windows update somehow set my power setting on high performance. I set it back to Balance and all is good !!!

-Tj- likes this.