\/\/|-|47 1z |_337???

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WellCookedFetus, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Ok if you want to speak in code on a game get "rogar wilco" its Alot fast to comunicate then l33t or typing period!

2. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Isn't piglatin the same as "roll of the tongue" ya know...wiggedi-wack, dobeti-don't, smiggedi-smoke?

3. priz

priz Guest

That explanation does make sense I guess. But I don't see it as a gamer language, maybe I don't play enough online. Usually I see a few people with their name spelled that way, but that's it. It seems to make sense knowing that there isn't a set code for deciphering it, course that also seems rather dumb. Also I don't think reading it has anything to do with being a gamer or an "ultimate gamer." I do believe you though when you say you can read it about as fast as normal english. Really you don't read it, if you just look at the whole group of characters, the word just comes out. It must be a younger generation type thing or maybe I'm just too lazy, but for me it's easier and quicker to just hit the old "H" key than to hit "Shift |", "-", "Shift |". Not to mention, even though I never took typing class or consider myself a superb typist, I can type pretty good and with some speed, but it still never seems fast enough when trying to type while playing. To each his own.

As far as piglatin goes, hehe whoa does that bring back memories. All you do is just say the word with the beginning sound at the end with the "-ay" sound added to it, if it's not a vowel. If it does start with a vowel, then just add the whole "way" sound to it. For example, dead would be ead-day(pronounces ed-day) and the word "out" would be outway, pronounced just like it looks, "out-way." Of course though, for SOME reason, the main phrase I can remember from it though is ouyay, ucker_ay(you figure it out. :D ) Maybe because if you said it fast enough, adults wouldn't catch on. The others I remeber are just a bad.:devil:

4. osama1234

osama1234 Guest

GPU:
    Asus MX-400 64mb
    not sure :D
    all these kids in my class bugged me by talking in that.
    so i wouldn't know... i could have tried to figure it out, but i was too busy trying to learn my lesson in class.
    I think its kinda like what gta was doing adding something in the end and making the first character the last character of the word.
    back then i had a way of getting back at them :D
    my report card. test marks. they could piglatting all they want and i still beat them in all the subjects, even in PE even though i'm a half nerd
    :D

wait there you go, just as i was looking at my posts, that dude posted first with the entire detailed explaination of piglatin...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2002

5. priz

priz Guest

hehe, what's your other half?? :D

6. osama1234

osama1234 Guest

GPU:
    Asus MX-400 64mb
    :D :D
    can't imagine wearing half glasses/spectacles , or having one half running fast, the other one struggling to keep up. :D

what i meant was i wear glasses but never backed from no fight. and i can do 800 metres faster than everyone in my grade which is under 2:45, but i've gotten slower, after all this eating of ice cream this summer.

and i know more about computers than those morons, they can go to those big shops and get their arses ripped off thinking that an integrated sound and video chip is a good thing. and pc133 mem is worse that pc100 :D

and i agree with you about how its a lot faster to hit a single key especially when playing a fast paced first person shooter, than to press shift and a billion different keys to replicate closely one character. :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2002
  7. D Thorne

D Thorne Guest

I figure pate of what helped "l33+" to develop as a quasi-semi-subdialect was prolly the bbs and irc users using extended ascii charicters to id themselvs and to avoid nickname collisions, it's the same thing you see in most web forums now, the only diference is that as the technology has matured and evolved there is less call for it.

8. SHAGGA

SHAGGA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670CUii
    Thats correct. People will soon be able to speak directly to each other. You'll be able to tell people what you think of them. Imagine a 64 player Doom3 game with everyone listening to everyone else. It'll be chaos!!

9. Not if voice communication uses a serial system rather then a parallel one like "roger wilco". This is that a voice message is store and produce one at a time so they do not over lap producing: “I gowwaaa prereksdae thaaaaaa!”. Also voice massage filtering like only listening to your on team or the players within a minimal range to your character will make it easier to understand very low quality massages.

Unfortunately voice massaging will put a real strain on any game server especially home started ones!

10. D Thorne

D Thorne Guest

dosent "roger wilco" allow you to only talk to certan ppl..so it's possable to set up teams ..

11. Yes but roger wilco is not designed into a game making it a 61+[|-| to use!
    (you figure the l33t out there :D)

12. D Thorne

D Thorne Guest

wow given that the sleaping pills ae startng to kick in..It ddint take me all that long to figure that one out ...

it's itchbay ..??right..??