445.75 cause CTD when playing SOTTR

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skywalkermibnasa, Mar 24, 2020.

1. skywalkermibnasa

skywalkermibnasa New Member

GPU:
    RTX2080TI nvlink
    Playing "Shadow Of The TombRaider" using RTX2080Ti SLI,if you fast travel from point to point one or several times,U will got CTD with jump-window says“DXGI-_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG” , besides play with the single card which is sli-mode off is CTD-Free.
    CPU:i7-9900K no OC

Graphics Card:RTX2080Ti nvlinks no OC
    RAM:32GB DDR4 3600MHz no OC
    Game settings:4K/2TSAA or 4TSAA /RTX shadow is ultra/exclusive fullscreen mode/all other options set to highest

Debug code:
    CTD prompt:0X887A0006:DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
    Windows log:
    错误应用程序名称: SOTTR.exe,
    版本: 1.0.296.0,
    时间戳: 0x5d273345
    错误模块名称: SOTTR.exe,
    版本: 1.0.296.0,
    时间戳: 0x5d273345
    异常代码: 0xc0000005
    错误偏移量: 0x0000000006d2556f
    错误进程 ID: 0xd4c
    错误应用程序启动时间: 0x01d6019f1bfea39c

play with sli-mode off is CTD-Free~~ plz dev you can easliy reproduce this problem by using my rig/game settings~~

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Why did you color your text black?

Eviltoaster likes this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Ha ha...I almost posted that exact thing. What he's reporting has been an ongoing issue with that game for years using SLI.

4. hearnia_2K

hearnia_2K Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX 2080 Super
    No SLI here, BUT, with my 2080 Super I was having that error at times in SotTR, and I eventually determined it was my GPU core overclock. Backing off just a little fixed it. However, I had no issues anywehere else, 3d mark would run fine, but once I reduced my overclock, it was solved.

5. skywalkermibnasa

skywalkermibnasa New Member

GPU:
    RTX2080TI nvlink
    it‘ not the OC problem~~CTD happened with default frequency including gpu/CPU/RAM,i double check all of them~~~

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Try underclocking your GPU (and possibly other things) a bit and see if that helps.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No surprise, there is only one person reporting this issue anywhere and its this guy in every case.

No surprise, hes also claiming that everyone with Nvlink has this issue, when there are no others reporting it.

This game has device hung on any hardware that is not stable, nvlink just adds another layer of hurt into the mix and pc owners need to stop putting their head in the sand when told to go back to whatever driver that worked, or fix the instability in their build.