Discontinued (check OP link for future drivers) - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    DXR related I assume?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hardware certification actually.

cryohellinc likes this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    First post updated with Clean 440.97 WHQL - Desktop/Notebook Versions

Previous drivers moved into the Archive.

fr3quency, mapnam charun and blitz72 like this.
  4. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    @cryohellinc Any chance you could provide a clean version of the beta 440.52 drivers mentioned here?

Those are the only ones that offer support for G-Sync to the LG OLED C9. Not sure if it's possible to "clean" beta drivers, though.

Thanks as always for all your work!

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    There you go. Clean 440.52

Additionally, removed all of the telemetries, so don't freak out when it says "Driver is not signed" during the installation. Just click continue.

P.S. That's one smexy TV you got there. Let me know if it works.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    EeK and mapnam charun like this.
  6. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    441.08 released. :)

mapnam charun likes this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I still wonder why no one is doing new nvidia driver release threads anymore to discuss...since the last 3 ones..

And no, we dont.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Just came back home. Expect a clean version ~1h.

9. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Well, thanks, that happens when you ignore people, lol. ^^

11. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    [​IMG]

May I ask which folder inside the .EXE this driver is located in?

12. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    PPC folder located only in Win10 RTX drivers.

fr3quency likes this.
  13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    First post updated with Clean 441.08 WHQL - Desktop/Notebook Versions

Previous drivers moved into the Archive.

mapnam charun and fr3quency like this.
  14. fr3quency

fr3quency Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    You're doing God's work. Thanks a lot. Btw what is your opinion on GeForce Experience's support for ReShade filters?

15. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I see no harm in it. I'm sure plenty of people had no clue about what ReShade is in the first place, and if it gains even more popularity I'm sure both GFE version and standalone will benefit.

Other then that, I will continue to use standalone version as it gives me direct control opposite to installing a bloatware (unless there will be some drastic difference in between standalone and GFE version).

fr3quency likes this.

16. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    @cryohellinc Thank you so much for doing this, but I wasn't able to test the clean beta drivers before Nvidia released 441.08, which officially adds support for G-Sync to my TV for the first time. By the time I saw your notification, you already had uploaded the clean version of the latest official drivers!

The thing is, Nvidia may have made the same mistake as this user mentioned:

After installing your clean versions and restarting once, everything seemed fine. I then used CRU to add a custom resolution and remove all 4096x2160 resolutions, which is something that I do literally every time I install new drivers, without any issues. After restarting the video drivers to apply the EDID override (using the included restart64.exe application), my system was caught in and endless reboot loop.

I had to reboot into safe mode after several failed attempts at logging in to Windows, and DDU the installed drivers once more. I then downloaded the standard drivers from Nvidia's official website and proceeded to clean them myself, using your instructions. That's when I noticed a folder that I'd never seen before: "NVPCF".

A quick search on this thread pointed me to the post mentioned above. I'm still in the process of downloading the DCH drivers to compare their file structure, but if NVPCF is a folder only present in the DCH version, the standard one was clearly mislabeled by Nvidia yet again. And if you used that one as the base for your clean drivers, then the same issue happened as before.

Edit: The DCH version, as downloaded from Nvidia's website, also contains the NVPCF folder, so I'm not sure what's going on. Is it safe to remove that folder as well, when cleaning?

Edit 2: Comparing the file structures of the standard and DCH drivers after extracting their installers, the standard ones have two folders not present in the DCH package: NGXCore and NvCamera.

Edit 3: After some testing, I've come to the conclusion that these drivers do not like custom resolutions. Whenever I make a change using CRU and restart the drivers, my system goes into an infinite reboot loop.

I was able to "fix" the issue without uninstalling the drivers, by resetting the video drivers in safe mode, again using CRU. However, I wasn't even able to add a custom resolution via NVCP.

On both 440.52 and 440.97, I successfully added custom 3840x2160 resolutions (my display's native res) at up to 66Hz refresh rates, using either CRU or NVCP. The difference is that when using NVCP, it wouldn't let me change the Nvidia color settings to anything other than RGB. Via CRU, I could select different color formats and depths, such as YCbCr444/422 and 8/10/12bpc.

So, there's definitely something going on when adding custom resolutions on these new drivers that's causing the infinite reboot issue.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    cryohellinc likes this.
  17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Thank you for a thorough post. Seems that the issue is driver related indeed.

@ManuelG If possible, could you please take a look at this?

EeK likes this.
  18. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    I talked to ToastyX on the MonitorTests forums and he said it's most definitely a driver issue. I also saw at least one other user, in a different forum, mention he had the same issue as me, when trying to add a custom resolution of 4K with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz to the same display.

I was able to "fix" the issue by restarting Windows as a whole after using CRU, instead of running restart64.exe (which simply restarts the graphics driver and should not result in an infinite reboot loop). Any 4K res with a refresh rate higher than 60Hz still doesn't pass the tests, when using NVCP, however.

That driver, like the two before it (440.97 and 440.52) also breaks black levels in HDR. They become washed out and require adjusting the brightness settings, but still cause details to be lost in the process.

19. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Also, @cryohellinc, your tutorial doesn't mention that NVPCF folder. Are you removing it from your clean drivers? If so, you may want to update the guide on to clean them ourselves.

cryohellinc likes this.
  20. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Thanks for clean versions Cryohellinc.
    Appreciate your efforts :)

cryohellinc and big ROBOT bill like this.