436.15 WHQL GeForce Game Ready Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    60 FPS should be good for the new Ultra setting (according to NVidia). I've been playing a lot of Fallout New Vegas, and now Control, at 60 FPS with Ultra low latency. I definitely felt the difference with 1 frame render ahead, and TBH Ultra feels the same. I've left it on, performance seems similar enough and I've yet to experience stuttering. I have tried other games, but they typically run at or above 100 FPS, that being said I've not experienced any issues so far.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    probably wipe out that horrid Skyrim:SE mouse lag lol.

3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 RTX nvLink
    sorry, duplicate post

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  4. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Has anyone been able to get a smooth experience in insurgency sandstorm in the last 2 updates, stuttering is pretty bad for me with this branch. Was fine in the 435.27 Same with squad, these unreal games just have no consistency one driver there butter the next its massive frame time spikes, I'm about done with ue4 its been a disaster. Im butter smooth on 20+ other games I play but the 2 ue4 nope.

edit: Installed 440.23 and back to butter smooth. Seems the 436 branch is no good for UE4. To many experimental features Im thinking.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019

5. emusa

emusa Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    After a long time I gave these ones a go with my old GTX780. Seems to work fine all around!

6. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    It is only for me this driver giving problems! CTD's fps drops and stutters allover!
    goring back! 431.70

7. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3090
    Do you have "Crash To Desktop" in BF5 with D12 only or also with DXR enabled in addition to D12 ?
    There are many many threads on EA forum (I even opened one), on Battlefield forum and NVIDIA forum with a huge amount of peaople having "Crash To desktop" in BF5 when DXR is enabled.
    I have this issue. With my 2080Ti but alos with my former 1080Ti !
    A friend of mine bought its 2080Ti 2 days ago and he has the issue also !
    I tested with 431.60 driver and issue is still there

Here are some links :
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...stuttering-despite-having-a-high-end-computer

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...and-DXR-on/m-p/7672921/highlight/false#M10739

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...don-t-know-what-to-do-HELP/m-p/8162073#M19114

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ashing-with-ray-tracing-enabled-on-2080ti-fe/

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    With the 436.15 driver (clean install after DDU in safe mode), Nvidia Control Panel stops working for me after a reboot. It works fine right after installing the drivers. After a reboot, it's still available in the desktop context menu, but when I click it, nothing happens. Going back to 436.02, the issue is gone. Going back to 436.15 once more, same problem. I'm using non-DCH drivers only. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  9. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Thx for the info man! :)
    No i run DX 12 for best performance an non DXR enabled still getting crashes!

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Working fine with DCH package

11. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 XC3
    I thought there was something wrong with my system, I've been getting a stupid amount of stuttering in different games, to the point they nearly stop (single digit) , rolled back to 431.70 and it's all gone.
    Using 431.70 Control and The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan are getting much better frame rates with RTX on, no more stuttering making the games unplayable.

My GPU is a ROG RTX 2080 ti Advanced

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 RTX nvLink
    Its my home workstation (personal) but I do work, isotope software, particle accelerator math, PACS (imaging), some Oracle DB work, school (dissertation / machine learning) email, surf web and play games.

here's a few reference pics, but I don't want to hijack the thread.

Asus c621e sage
    2x Xeon 8180M
    768GB of ram LRDIMM
    4x Titan V including Titan V CEO ed 32GB
    960pro nvme (OS)
    10x SSD Raid (4TB ea Samsung 860-Pro, 40TB)
    1600W PSU (digital) noiseless and 600W PSU(digital) assist
    MS 2019 Data Center, Ubuntu (no mitigation)
    P1 mini-ITX case
    its small, dense/compact, runs very cool and very very quiet

https://i.**********/brwZgN4S/IMG-2081.jpg
    https://i.**********/HxsWDvzf/IMG-2080.jpg
    https://i.**********/qqJ1Gykc/IMG-2079.jpg
    https://i.**********/s1Fvr9v7/IMG-1938.jpg

gadmin, intrud3r, G*addict and 4 others like this.
  13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I can't believe that computer is on the floor.

gadmin likes this.
  14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    With his money I would think it had it's own room, with air conditioning.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  15. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Or at least sitting on the table two feet above it.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    @venturi you should upgrade to those new zen2/epyc cpu (2x) and get all those 256threads. I've seen people already broke 30k in cinebench r20. :p

17. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 RTX nvLink

unfortunately there aren't any dual epyc workstation boards with 4 double slot 4GPU pci. No such animal. So as for as the case use, this is the most amount of power I can get. Secondly, the epyc chips have not done very well for me in real applications.

So if I want audio, full pci slots for 4x GPUs, nvme slots, and onboard raid - this is the only solution on the planet - and this board overcloks as well.

and dual 8180M chips is no slouch

18. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 RTX nvLink
    I'm making small glass tables for it and its sister unit (the wife's PC)

https://i.**********/P5mYsF9h/IMG-2411.jpg

evgenim, Xtreme512 and big ROBOT bill like this.
  19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    Yea, Windows can be weird when using more than 64 threads (because it breaks them into NUMA nodes). I ran into this at work with an Oracle database a couple of years ago when Xeon Gold came out and we bought 4x Xeon 6142 Gold (total 72 threads). I had to limit in the BIOS to 64, or it would sometimes grab the wrong NUMA node and run like crap, lol.

P.S. Anyone who runs Windows Server, with 4x SLI, and expect games to work normally, is deluded. But other than that, nice pc! (i thought Titan V CEO Edition was giveaway only, I'm surprised you managed to snag 4!). Windows Server has a bunch of optimizations for, you know, being a server. Stuff like: 'Optimize Windows for best performance for programs or background services,' for example.

Edit: ah i see you mentioned Titan V + CEO (so 1 CEO?), makes more sense. Please tell me there is a battery backup somewhere that i am missing... I assume you have a generator but there needs to be a beefy battery holding things up while it switches over. That build is easily $80,000-$90,000 based on listed components + Server 2019 Datacenter.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  20. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    I had the exact same problem, Gigabyte 2080ti Windforce, i thought it was bad RAM (i got one of the early ones with Micron memory). Games would just drop to single digits, then the whole pc would freeze, and most of the time the game eventually crashes, the screen goes blank, then windows recovers (TDR). I dropped my the mem clock from 7000mhz to 6500mhz and no more crashed (for the last 3 days at least).

I'm about to roll back to 431.70 and give it a shot, lol.