1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

436.15 WHQL GeForce Game Ready Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. uggis007

uggis007 New Member

GPU:
    2x2080ti
    Does control have SLI functionality? Now its off topic but just curios. And what does you guys think, is it necessary to update the driver from 436.02?

2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    So everything you said above is incorrect. Sharpening has nothing to do with anything that might be in or "out of focus". You're confusing sharpening with Depth of Field (DOF).

Also, sharpening isn't always full scene, there are depth-buffer (note depth-buffer, not Depth of Field) sharpening shaders that adjust sharpening strength based on the depth of the scene. You can utilise these with Reshade right now.

Regardless, similarly DLSS has no knowledge of "what developers always want". DLSS operates at a substantial lower resolution and attempts to upscale while re-creating missing information in the upscale by utilising an AI-trained model that's been fed hundreds (if not thousands) of in-game scenes from a higher resolution. In theory, this should provide an decent approximation of rendering at a higher resolution, but with a reduced performance footprint. In practice, it's highly dependent on how the AI model has been trained, and this will be different for each and every game. Some games it may work well, others it will be terrible. It is not a silver bullet and never will be. It can never compete with actually rendering at a higher resolution (this is important for the next paragraph, below), and the returns are diminishing the higher the distance from the DLSS resolution you go.

This is to say, as the Hardware Unboxed video demonstrated, DLSS is less effective than instead running at a higher resolution than DLSS (but below native still, since the goal here is to gain performance) while using a sharpening filter to compensate for the loss of detail by running at a lower resolution. As their testing found, this produces much clearer visuals (see the video -- it's night and day) for a similar performance boost compared to DLSS.

Yep. And as the video shows, DLSS is noticeably worse for a similar performance gain.

*facepalm*

Ohmer likes this.
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I've only ever seen Alex test rtx with his personal 2080 Ti. Doesn't matter though, the performance should be consistent. That Nvidia graph is pretty accurate for my GPU. But it seems the point of contention for Alex and it isn't performance, it's visual fidelity.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I don't think you are much different than most with regard to perceived "visual fidelity" as interpreted by game reviewers. Probably why it's best to look at more than one review before drawing conclusions.

I tend to stay way from reviews sites like Hardware Unboxed who have had NDA/censorship issues with Nvidia. I take their reviews with a "grain of salt", and prefer reading from neutral sites less likely to have a "bone to pick".

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    @pharma
    Or just look at the many screenshots yourself. Or try it out like I did. You don't need someone to tell you how good or bad something looks.
    My opinion is my opinion. I like hw unboxed and DF just fine. But I know how to judge these things on my own.

6. Liam Onestone

Liam Onestone Member

GPU:
    Nvidia MX150 Turbo
    What I read here is game after game crashes with these drivers, not om my humbly MX150 all my games working flawless

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    I had one crash in R6: Siege today after alt+tab.

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    No crashes here but I don't play a wide variety of games, mainly BFx ones.

I also use DX11 mode cause DX12 on maxwell is not great.

9. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB
    Bad stuttering in PUBG using these drivers, 436.02 didn't have this issue. Decided to go back to 431.68(stuttering gone) and will wait till they fix there 436 drivers.

10. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Threaded Optimization vs Low Latency Mode in this driver is deatached. People claimed before that Threaded Optimization is increasing input lag and was related to Pre-Rendered Frames, and that both should be set to off/lowest. Does it matter with current driver or are those things properly independent right now?

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    ManuelG i still getting lagging loading screens & CTD in battlefield V DX12
    Everything freezes and go black nvlddmkm stopped responding and has recovered!

the issue started 436.02 Driver and still happens in 436.15 Driver

12. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    What used to be NVidia turned into nv*diots.

13. sharathpr

sharathpr New Member

GPU:
    Gtx1060
    So This artifacting issue on MK11 has been caused by NVIDIA fixing something related to HDR and failing to notify the developers of MK11 and who knows how many other games about it??! And now you have "notified" them about the lapse on your part and are promptly washing your hands off the matter??! That's it?!
    This issue, that's been there for 4 MONTHS now, is 100% YOUR FAULT and u need to take up a more active role and ensure it gets fixed!!

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I bet y'all scream at the retail worker when they ain't got your favorite brand of peanut butter. You can't yell at the grunt as if they represent the goings on of a company.
    I know you're just looking to give a face to your Mortal Kombat problem, and it's frustrating dealing with faceless companies. But ManuelG isn't Nvidia in human form.
    It you need a person to scream at, go on Twitter and tweet at Jensen Huang, he can take it.

sniperbr0 likes this.
  15. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Titan V 32gb CEO
    Hello NVIDIA representative

436.xx (436.02, 436.15, and 436.20) compared to 431.70 on VOLTA (titan V 12Gb, Titan v ceo 32GB)

I'd like to report that the 436.xx series driver provides a 7-16% drop in performance on Vulkan titles such as New Colossus, Youngblood, and Strange Brigade (despite marketing that says this has increased performance through this driver).

I also would like to report that SOTTR, ROTTR have a 3% -6% drop overall.

UE4 titles have a a drop i performance thats within the margin of error, however, level load times in Hellblade, Echo, Absulov have incresed.

Lastly, the game Control performance is really impacted when RayTracing is on (High and Low). Hoever it plays much faster and smoother on 431.70 (Also I run WITHOUT the blurring resolution reducing DLSS, so that is not in the equation)

Reverting back to 431.70 returns performance and "normality".

Please UNDO whatever is giving the massive hit in performance (security change, optimization for only one line of cards, etc) Also, before someone says the Titan V is not normally what is used for gaming - then why did you take it out of the quadro driver and put it in the gaming driver?

THX in advance

base system:

Asus c621e sage
    2x Xeon 8180M
    768GB of ram LRDIMM
    4x Titan V including Titan V CEO ed 32GB
    960pro nvme (OS)
    10x SSD Raid (4TB ea Samsung 860-Pro, 40TB)
    1600W PSU (digital) noiseless and 600W PSU(digital) assist
    MS 2019 Data Center, Ubuntu (no mitigation)
    P1 mini-ITX case

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019

16. sharathpr

sharathpr New Member

GPU:
    Gtx1060
    I'm addressing Nvidia support team, not any particular person here. Unless you are from Nvidia yourself, I suggest u keep to your business & stay out of the matter.

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    You posted on a public forum and get all pissy when someone responds to you? Are you new to the internet? Stop being an infant.

18. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI 11GB
    Troll bait.

Give the guy some slack.

flow likes this.
  19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    You are addressing a person from the support team.
    I'd also like to remind you that the support team doesn't code a single line in the drivers. And even if they did, people typically do not respond well to being berated.
    I think you'll find that you get better and faster results by talking like an adult.

20. fr3quency

fr3quency Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    What is this build? loled :D:D:D

Edit: go for 2TB of RAM xD