1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

436.15 WHQL GeForce Game Ready Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Ti OC
    Freestyle sharpening filter not working in BFV, working ok in Wolfenstein youngblood was working in 436.02

2. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Won't be buying Control until it's on Steam. If they can wait...so can I.

Seems this driver has some more "new and improved" features. I honestly expected some more performance to be squeezed out of Turing, but it seems Turing is on its last legs. Guess it was a good run boys...it introduced RTX and adaptive shading (or variable rate shading), and simultaneous INT/FLOAT processing. I'm guessing Ampere will be closer to a complete redesign with RTX as the main selling feature. I doubt we'll hit Amdahl's Law...unless Nvidia wants to go to 8192 cores for Ampere. It'll happen eventually for rasterized performance, but not anytime soon.

Kolt likes this.
  3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    The previous driver that came out a few days ago had some pretty big performance gains for Turing, you shouldn't expect every new driver to do that @angelgraves13.

4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Like 3% at 4K and on games they lost to Navi lol

Really margin of error stuff. The minimums and 0.1% maybe improved, but maybe not.

5. Minotaur

Minotaur Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    This breaks it down pretty good

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Not really relevant to me...I have a 2080 Ti.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    @angelgraves13 There was genuine driver speed improvements in 5 specific games for the 20 series just a couple days ago. That video shows a 20 series card beating another GPU from AMD, in a video game that it previously lost to, thanks to that driver improvement.
    What is your agenda here? This is so bizarre. Are you upset that AMD doesn't have a GPU you can compare yours to because you got the best NVIDIA GPU?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  8. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    that's quite relatable, once you get the best you start to die inside and tell yourself, what's next?, It's the saitama dilema.

just kidding

9. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    I guess what's next for him/you is Ampere, can't wait to spend another $1500 right lol.

10. fr3quency

fr3quency Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1660
    What's that Freestyle filter you're talking about? I use clean drivers with gtx 1660 and no gfe. Haven't seen anything.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Part of the 436.02 driver enhancements but I think it requires GeForce Experience and then via Free Style there's now a sharpen filter that can be used. :)
    Looks like it's doing a good job too although it is also possible to just use ReShade and any other sharpen effect though with varying image results and some introduce a higher performance penalty. (Between next to nothing and then up to 10% so it can be noticeable.)

EDIT: Smart Sharp, excellent results and tons of options but if it's not configured a bit then the default settings can induce a more steep performance hit from the feature set this shader has.
    https://github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/tree/master/Shaders
    (And then there's a few others but most of these come as part of the ReShade suite and don't need to be tracked down separately.)

Not sure if anyone has dumped the NVIDIA sharpen shader yet to see what it actually is, would also be interesting to see but from what I'm reading so far it's pretty good and not too costly and that's quite optimal really. :D

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Like someone said, there is a pretty significant FPS boost in DX12 mode but the most interesting thing would be that it takes this long for the bug to get fixed.

13. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Ti OC
    Yea what Jonas said , i have always used slimmed down drivers to but after reading about the new version off sharpening i gave it a go works good in BFV had to turn it down to 30%. When i tried the new DX12 version of Reshade it just crashes BFV
    As a side note i rolled back the driver to 436.02 same version of GFE and sharpening works again

fr3quency likes this.
  14. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    2080 Ti is old news now... I really believe it's the baseline level of performance everyone should have, but it's not the case. I can't wait for AMD to match it, so we can have something faster out and prices come down for everyone.

Turing never really matured because it was more or less mature at launch. There's really nothing more to be squeezed out of it, so that's it. What's next? 3080 Ti with double the RTX performance and 35-40% better rasterized performance? Guess we'll have to wait until next year for that one.

15. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    you sound like someone that's not happy with the things you already have.

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's not clickbait. DLSS has limited utility now. Watch the video and you'll understand.

17. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Sharpening filters apply to the whole frame/scene which usually is not what developers always want. The developers may want certain parts of a frame deliberately out of focus, similar to a painter or photographer may do.
    The only way to achieve this is through DLSS and through intelligent interpretation of a frame. Granted the algorithms are not perfect but research is continuing and improvements have already been achieved with denoising algorithms.

18. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti AMP! OC
    Time Spy with 431.68 - 13400, with 436.02 - 13230, with 436.15 - 13180, but I gained some points in Superposition Benchmark. In games it's random too, some will have more fps some less..

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    In the case of that video, the utility of the sharpen filter is not to over sharpen a native image, but to counteract a softened upscaled image. Just like DLSS.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Shadow of the tombraider crashes with this driver. it also seems to crash with the previous driver according to steam forums.
    it gives a error about not having enough resources. earlier drivers seem ok.