1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

431.60 + 431.68 Hotfix - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Oh, I see! Can you clarify that please then? Does it need any components at all or bare bones clean driver will do just fine?

@boogarn
    In accordance to @Astyanax you don't need it for RTX features to work.

I assume DLSS will still need GeForce Experience in order to work, no? As it downloads profiles from it?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    boogarn likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the NGX binaries will handle DLSS interaction with the driver, the results of Saturns DLSS preprocessing is returned to the developer of the game for packaging into the final product.

I see some sites have said gfe is required to download the ngx core, but it is installed as part of the 411 driver, with a turing product with or without gfe - whether game developers utilise it on their own to pull the trained data is another matter.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    boogarn and cryohellinc like this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    @Astyanax
    Thank you for this information. I've updated the first post and removed the GFE requirement. I think that alone will make some people happy. ;)

boogarn and evgenim like this.
  4. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 OC
    I never used GFE and will never use. Not all people update drivers only for gaming. There are also many pepople who works with video/photo editors whitch uses gpu acceleration. GFE with that cases absolutely not needed.

boogarn and cryohellinc like this.

5. RES

RES Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Excuse my ignorance. Just came back to Nvidia after being an AMD guy for a loooong time. What is a "clean" version?

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Please just read the first post. Clean version is Nvidia driver without bloatware/telemetry/GeForce experience related junk, if you care about how clean is your system and want to get a small performance boost, this is the way to go.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There is no performance boost.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Good for you then, use the standard driver.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Your "clean" versions are too clean for notebook/Optimus users.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Something doesn't work on your end?

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Would anyone volunteer to have some benchmarks to show the alleged performance differences between the normal version and the "clean" version?

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I do use the standard driver and I actually urge everyone to do the same as it's generally a much better idea to use a driver downloaded from official manufacturer server instead of a repack made by who knows where / how / why.

CaptaPraelium likes this.
  13. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    The theory behind this is that some systems do not have the resources to be running all the extra bloat that nVidia installs which would hamper performance on lower end machines. Medium to higher end machines might not see a performance improvement during gaming although will see an improvement in boot time due to the lack of additional services, possible reduction in stuttering due to less services being used during gaming, and most important for most of us that use a 'clean' version (I think) is the fact that we don't like bloat running on our systems that we don't need or want. Having less services and general background operations going on is the goal in and of itself for some of us even if we may not see a performance increase. There is so much in the nVidia driver that most of us never use so why install it and have it running on our systems? Sure, I have 6 cores with 12 threads and 16GB of RAM which could easily handle it all but that isn't the point for us enthusiasts that could have all this crap running in the background with little to no consequence. It is about running a tight ship.

I do know, however, that GFE is known to reduce the performance in some games due to how it interacts with your system and games but this cannot be said across the board. What you need to do is ask yourself, "do I want all this stuff running in the background on my computer and if not then what do I want and do I not want?" That will give you the answer to what version of the driver you should be using and the OP gives you the power to choose through a guide on how to do it yourself.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    mapnam charun and cryohellinc like this.
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Where, how and why - is answered in the OP. Move on and "urge" all you want in another topic.

15. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    - First post updated with Clean 411.70 WHQL x64 for Win 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7

411.63 r411_58-3
    411.70 r411_58-9

evgenim and mapnam charun like this.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

No kidding.

I use this because it saves a bit of time. I use them before because, recently, I only had 1.5 DSL so, it made a difference in time to download. Get a life and stop trolling threads, thanks.

Lilith likes this.
  17. mapnam charun

mapnam charun Member

GPU:
    ex mining rx470 4gb
    Thanks for 362mb

Præses likes this.
  18. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 950M GDDR5 4GB
    Thank you for continuing to provide the latest clean & small size drivers version :)

19. 0LBaID

0LBaID Member

GPU:
    MSI 6G Gaming 980TI

Just an update: I have not read the instructions to DDU in a bit, turns out after 1803 update (need to try to lock this down) Win10 is installing drivers (due to being connected to the net), and this was my issue. Once i removed Geforce experience and then used DDU in safe mode with NIC disabled. I could use your drivers with no issue. thanks for the effort

cryohellinc likes this.
  20. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Happy it worked out for you, cheers.

0LBaID likes this.