1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

431.36 - Clean Version

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cryohellinc, Jun 5, 2018.

1. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX2070 Black
    Thanks again Cryo! :)

cryohellinc likes this.
  2. superleeds27

superleeds27 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Cheers Cryo.

Will you be doing the hotfix version? 430.97

cryohellinc likes this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Oh wow, how did I miss that one? My bad will be up later today.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Better late than never I guess....

- First post updated with Clean 430.97 HotFix - Desktop/Notebook Versions

430.86 - r430_81-2
    430.97 - r430_81-4

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    evgenim, fpollan and endbase like this.

5. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 OC
    What about telemetry in new drivers? Is it embedded forever?

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    EDIT : Sorry, false alarm.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    All of it is removed.

evgenim likes this.
  8. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA 680 GTX
    Hi, could u up load 430.97 for Windows 7 please?
    How u remove telemetry?

9. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    430.97 is for Windows 10 only.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It's available for Windows 10 only.
    Refer to the first post, there is a manual cleaning guide. Everything is explained there.
    In short - by deleting it.

11. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA 680 GTX
    @ Ital @ cryohellinc

Thanks both.

cryohellinc likes this.
  12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    hmmm, shure the Telemetry is removed? Or did they change something? (using the Clean 430.86 WHQL win764bit-desktop)
    Something just happened what NEVER happened before.
    My Firewall asked me if NvDisplay.Container.exe can access the Internet..

[​IMG]

Ip belongs to Nvidia , Santa Clara, California.

Wich never happened before, Nvidia , never ever wanted to use teh internet before.. ONLY when i was installing the driver, wich is normal..

What gives?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    cryohellinc likes this.
  13. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Starting with 430.39, some of the Nvidia Telemetry features have been integrated with the Nvidia Display Container service as a plugin.

I don't think there's any way to clean the DisplayDriverRAS plugin through the Nvidia driver installer files. You can clean it after the driver has been installed by doing the following:
    1. Delete the DisplayDriverRAS shortcut from the "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer\plugins\LocalSystem\" folder.
    2. Delete the DisplayDriverRAS folder from the "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\" folder.
    3. Restart the Nvidia Display Container service (or restart PC if you prefer).
    Combined with the clean version, that should remove all the Nvidia Telemetry features (until Nvidia sneaks something else in the driver for next time).

geronimo666, BetA and cryohellinc like this.
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    @Ital
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Indeed you can't just "clean" the DisplayDriverRAS.dll from Driver itself. It relies on it in A LOT of .inf files and setup files as well. Just deleting it from a driver will cause an error during setup.

A dirty and easy workaround is the following:
    create empty .txt file (make sure you have visible extensions enabled). Rename it into DisplayDriverRAS.dll . Get yourself a clean driver, before installation navigate to ---> (for example) GTX 430.97-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf --> Display.Driver ---> Locate DisplayDriverRAS.dll, replace with a dummy file you just made.

The result is setup is pleased, however, file by itself does absolutely nothing, and you won't have to clean after the installation as @Ital suggested above.
    The drawback is that during installation setup says that driver is unsigned. Just ignore and continue installation, works just fine (at least so far).

If some of you could please test the above (I can't right now) in some apps/games, and let me know if it works. If all works, I will adjust the OP instructions then and incorporate it into future releases.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    EeK and geronimo666 like this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    removing the telemetry service breaks the drivers ability to log non-critical nvklddm errors that could result in game crashes

ie, gpc tex and macro errors are no longer logged.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    DisplayDriverRAS is relatively "new" and is primarily part of WDDM 2.6 data collection. (Unless I missed something out)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ay-drivers--wddm-2-0-#collect-diagnostic-info

I don't think it should cause any crashes, however, that's why I asked people who want to test this out to give it a go and test it out.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the crashes won't be caused by the removal but the driver can no longer log issues that have the potential of resulting in application crashes.

for example, 2016/2017 firefox tdrs were accompanied by a system event citing a page fault in the TEX engines, these events won't get logged anymore making it harder to point back to the operation that threw the event.

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    That has to be tested out. So far my systems both at work and at home with this "tweak" run smooth. I have tried several games for over 2h and haven't noticed any issues.

But as I've said above, this has to be tested so please give me some feedback guys on how it works for you.

19. LiduN

LiduN New Member

GPU:
    N/A
    NvAbHub --> Nvidia AbstractObserver ... a template class from the poco.dll library (Poco/Observer.h) ..
    Product Name: Nvidia Telemetry (as is from the fetched binary) ...

TLDR: this is pure telemetry.

cryohellinc likes this.
  20. EeK

EeK Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    I've been using @cryohellinc's workaround for a few days without any issues. Games, apps, Firefox... everything is running smoothly.

Very scummy of Nvidia to come up with even more ways to integrate telemetry into their drivers. Thankfully, we have users like @Ital and Cryo to protect us, haha.

On an unrelated note, there seems to be an issue with banding after the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903), associated with Nvidia GPUs.

Eizo (a monitor manufacturer) describes the issue here, with examples. There are also threads on the Nvidia forums (here and here) and on Reddit (here and here).

I performed a clean installation of 1903 last week and can confirm that the issue appeared after installing the most recent "clean" Nvidia drivers (430.97 - Hotfix), via DDU. I noticed the banding and confirmed it through this website.

Before that, with whatever Nvidia drivers were automatically downloaded and installed during the initial system setup, no banding was present. So, it's definitely an issue with 1903 and recent Nvidia drivers.

My GPU is a 1080 Ti, for reference.

cryohellinc likes this.