1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

419.62 Vulkan Dev Win 10 x64 SLIM + 1.1.101.0 RT Installer: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mott, Dec 10, 2017.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Im new to this whole "Vulcan thing".. ("live long and prosper" is about all I know)...and was wondering if this is a driver I could use with my RTX 2080 and do they install like normal Nvidia drivers or is there a special way to install them?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    These vulkan drivers should only be used if you plan on developing vulkan applications, or want to try out DXVK.

dr_rus likes this.
  3. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Not true. The extension that are supported by the nVidia driver will only be used while the new ones will not, but the bug fixes and optimizations for the extensions in use with the newest version do apply. So, having the latest version is always in someone's interest. It is a tiny install and completely worth it. That is why I host it.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There are no bugfixes in tehse vulkan drivers that are applicable to gaming, they are still behind the most recent hotfix, which is again older than the current GRD

5. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    I am taking about installing the latest runtime libraries.