[4.6.3 Beta 5] Failed to start scanning in OC Scanner.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Jon Stall, Feb 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jon Stall

Jon Stall New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I'm currently using a laptop with RTX2060 and decided to try out this beta version. The scanner worked fine with the stable version but I couldn't start scanning with the latest version.

NVDIA DRIVER: 461.09

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

New NVIDIA’s scanner API is targeted on 30x0 platforms. Previous GPU generations have limited support from NV side (and mobile ones are not supported at all). The previous legacy scanner Implementation is depreciated and no longer supported by NV. But you can still unlock it and use it at upur own risk. And it was asked and answered A LOT of times, so you could easily find the answer yourself with minimal efforts. Search feature is helpful.

Jon Stall likes this.
  3. Herbert Prime

Herbert Prime New Member

GPU:
    GTX 550 Ti
    I don't understand why that answer can't be put up as a sticky

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Those who are smart enogh to peek into sticky threads normally have no problems with using forum search engine too. The rest will just ignore it as they do with context help, application release notes and dozens of other places where you can find the answers.

5. Jon Stall

Jon Stall New Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I honestly had trouble using the search engine here or any similar question all over the web, I guess I'm not smart enough so my last resort was asking here. I read the release notes also of the beta version of MSI afterburner and I could've have misunderstood it since it didn't mention it was deprecated. I just start overclocking this month and there are stuff that I don't understand yet. I apologize for asking again if this was already asked.