3X SLI Should I

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Victor Morales, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    If that psu is a few years old, good luck. PSUs lose their output wattage over the years, so it definitely wouldn't output 1050 watts.

Why would you QFT that quote. You have Quad sli, the crappiest scaling of them all.

2. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    I have the cards all on me its not about the money it's if I can do it and how with my pci express x1 is right underneath GPU 1

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Yes try another corsair, defects happen to all brands. im guessing it was AX1200, which is plenty for TRI SLI 580

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I really advice you to not go bother with Tri-SLI, it's really not worth the money. You need another PSU and 580, that will cost you like 700 Bucks while the performance gain is barely visible compared to SLI.

Go dig up some reviews, in some games Tri-SLI even works against it and turns out to be lower performance than SLI.

For that money id buy 2x SSD in RAID-0, seeing Intel will come with TRIM in RAID soon.

It's just an advice, it's you money. But i'm telling you you gonna regret spending it.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    As usual somebody who has never owned quad 295s complains about scaling,like i said before i dont get amy problems with them,if i did i woulda got rid of them long ago.

I agree with Roadkill thats why i quoted what he said duh.....If any body gets a ban on here i hope its you,ever since day one when you joined here you have had a right chip on your shoulder,always flaming and jumping into other peoples arguments and making them 10 times worse cause of your **** stirring,your nothing but a little argumentative prick.Cba reading your posts anymore especially in 2012,i had enough of your constant bashing in 2011,theres nothing really you can educate me with my young 21 year old Padawan, anyhow adding you to official ignore list,happy new year :wanker:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I myself owned 2 295 and although you got speed bump with 2 cards, the scaling from 1 295 to 2 295 wasn't that much.

7. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    TRI SLI = :puke2::stewpid::bang:

SLI = :):nerd::banana:

SELL 580 for profit:thumbup:

GET NEW upgrades SSD's or PSU with 1200W futureproof.:banana:

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    Whats your problem? Always so hostile...:s3d:

Im not bashing anyone nor is there an argument unless you make one. The fact is quad scaling sucks outside some benchmarks, that is a fact. Quad 580 scaling sucks, quad 285 scalings sucks, why would you think 295s are any different? Should i link you to quad scaling review on guru3d to show you that it sucks?

But seriously dude, you need to get your act together and stop being so paranoid.

9. benoit35

benoit35 New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011