Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Gustavo Jadson

Gustavo Jadson Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega 8
    Hi guys, I use Windows 8.1 (don't ask me why, as I really like it) and I want to know how to install the modified driver on W8.1.

2. DoubleSh0tNine

DoubleSh0tNine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Reference
    Sorry brother, you can't install this modded driver on windows 8.1 far as I know. I've tried on my AMD A10 5745m system with no luck. Be a good idea to wait for the lead dev to chime in tho.

3. DoubleSh0tNine

DoubleSh0tNine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Reference
    Oh, stupid question, but for very old AMD APUs stuck on laptops, does the AMD Hypermemory work at all for increasing the VRAM allocation to the GPU? My laptop has no options in the bios so I'm stuck with 764mb vram allocation on this system.

4. c00n13z

c00n13z Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 580
    Saw it was off. Turned it on and tried every setting. Restarted each time too. No luck.

Edit: Left it on Center. No more black screen when tabbing back. Tabbing out still black screens for a full second.

Much appreciated tho.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022

5. fishstik

fishstik Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Just played 6h of Elden Ring, runs beautifully on 21.11.2
    High textures, medium-ish settings gets 30-40 FPS at 1440p and 40-60 at 1080p. A few bright-green flashes in the beginning, seems to have calmed down in the last few hours.

Got Anti-Cheat error on first boot, just had to do the Fix WHQL.

6. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    ^Not bad.

22.2.3 has been released with support for Elden Ring, Shadow Warrior 3, GRID Legends,

7. parennas

parennas Guest

GPU:
    RX 470
    But not fixed Cyberpunk 2077 shadow issues on RX 470... damn...

8. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    Yep, although it reads 764MB actual of physical VRAM capacity, HyperMemory will force to use RAM as additional VRAM.

9. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Typical AMD, they are always slow to fix things, funny enough this problem is not happening on a little older drivers.
    Also Windows 10 "Aero" thing is still also broken...

Elden Ring on my 7y old PC, 380X + i7-6700@4.2GHz, with LOW preset and High textures in 1280x720, runs in locked 60fps, with some dips to 45-50 when game loads / unload chunks of the world.

From Software engine was always terrible, idk why they don't switch to UE4, every Bandai game is using UE4 (Tekken, Dragon Ball, Tales etc.)

10. fishstik

fishstik Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Mine is 6600K@4.4 + 390, you should try 1080p, definitely playable.

11. makumba00123

makumba00123 Guest

GPU:
    Vega 8
    so the god of war has a stupid problem where it only uses 512mb of Vega 8's "vram" resulting in blurry textures,hypermemory doesnt seem to fix the problem,is it possible to alleviate the problem with driver tweaks or are we stuck waiting for gow devs to fix the problem?

12. Anh Phu

Anh Phu Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    Looks like HyperMemory doesn't make a difference in gaming performance, at least for my Radeon PRO W6400.
    I will test again with RX 6500 XT.

Hopefully it will solve problem of lack of VRAM memory of Navi 24.
    If anyone has successfully improved performance using this feature, please let me and everyone know.

13. fiftydinar

fiftydinar Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6600 8GB
    Aero Peek is broken in every GPU on Windows 10. It's not the problem with AMD drivers. It's a known issue.

Last time when Windows 10 Aero Peek worked properly was something like Windows 10 1607.

They planned on ditching that feature anyway as there are no (official) gadgets to peek at, which was the main function before.

zingzs likes this.
  14. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    HyperMemory depends on your GPU capabilities, try to use Highest Graphics Settings as possible. If you GPU Performance has reached its limit before VRAM almost out, you can't see big difference (except frametimes)

My friend has 5600XT and uses this features, while not using HyperMemory cannot use more than high graphics settings in Forza Horizon 5, after enabling it, he can uses Ultra settings with no stuttering problems like hypermem off.

15. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    What you expect from HyperMemory? You think it changes original VRAM size? NO, It won't happen.

HyperMemory cannot do these because it's controlled from BIOS settings. But, Hypermem can optimize system memory for GPU VRAM allocation that won't be detected as original VRAM size (System Shared Memory as example), although the GPU has little VRAM size.

About GoW problems with 512MB VRAM, it confirmed in Days Gone, too. So, if you're using PC, you can change UMA Frame Buffer Size to 2GB. But for laptop? It depends on vendor BIOS, if it's locked, then you're out of luck.

16. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    HyperMemory isn't rocket science that makes game running faster, also this requires some support from game dev code that have access to unified memory system.

Nezuh and zingzs like this.
  17. Col Hanzaplast

Col Hanzaplast Guest

GPU:
    CF of HD7990 3GB
    Hello Folk's
    I am new here.

I have a cross-fire of Radeon but Chernobylite game uses only one GPU. Any idea to force multi-gpu usage ?.

Best Regards,
    Col Hanzaplast

GPUSharkQuadFireMalta.png

18. etoya

etoya Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x 3gb
    Is there any chances to play Elden Ring on 280x (10400f, 16gb, win11)? Or no :(?

19. DragonMaster95

DragonMaster95 Member

GPU:
    Vega 5
    im playing it on alot worse so ur fine as long as ur willing to turn down settings.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    is it possible to avoid getting runtimes and k-lite pack installed? or just anything strictly related to the drivers

eos likes this.