Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    Dunno probably next month

2. Valiant

Valiant Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5700XT
    I'm a big fan of your work and have converted a few friends over to these modded drivers, but the moderators on your discord are wildly immature
    I've been in there for months and it's been ridiculously helpful for any troubleshooting, but today I asked if there's been any known ETA for a 22.8.1 update.

Not rudely, not pressuring, tagging, or pestering anyone, just seeing if anything had been said. Your mod said "This is strictly prohibited, check the rules", quoted "Rule x: Don't be a dick" and banned me when I countered that it's not exactly a dick question. If it's something you don't want to be asked, sure, understood, just put it in the rules to avoid it in the future.

But to ban someone for questioning that? are you serious? I wasn't even the first person he's banned. Would be much better served to just put something in the rules instead of calling people dicks.

3. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    Since when the community allows asking ETA?

If you found similar community, they won't allow that, even you can be ignored or banned for that thing. So, you still have manner to ask for that?

I already said the author has plenty time to do it, but you still asks ETA like previous user that makes the author feels uncomfortable

Amernime isn't hired by AMD and not on payroll so they can update to 22.8 in next year as far as I know. They are just doing a community work, just be glad and move on sheesh.

if something is free you don't have the right to hassle and be rude about it.

And the last thing that makes you banned is called moderators as childish, bro what the hell? The moderators are doin' right for that, and you call them a childish? Shame on YOU

4. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    As driver development getting scrambled over time, it's hard to estimate the development time driver can be done. So only pending or work in progress status.

lycanwrath, Clearest and zingzs like this.

5. zeaquin

zeaquin Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4GB
    hi, thank you for this amazing mod and community. may i ask if SAM activated on my card? Hwinfo and gpuz said so but the adrenaline interface said it's not. My rx 580 only have 4gb vram so enabling sam with asic always resulted to driver crash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    strelec88 likes this.
  6. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    sam only works for 8GB vram

7. PotatoVonEpicus

PotatoVonEpicus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Hello, Vega GPUs have forced voltage lock to 1.1v if running higher resolution than 2560x1440. It's very likely driver lock and I wonder if that could be removed, which would be useful. Because it's extra 100 watts for very little gain running 1.1v over 1v undervolt.

8. Valiant

Valiant Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5700XT
    Found the moderator. lol.

It's not an unreasonable question to ask if there's been any mentions of an ETA, in any community.
    Like I said, if it makes 'the author' uncomfortable, clearly state that in the rules instead of calling people dicks and banning them. It isn't hassling or being rude, what's rude is expecting people to be mind readers and calling them dicks for not being able to read your mind.

You're continuing to be extremely childish instead of just saying "Yeah, sorry it wasn't clear. I'll add it to the rules. Sorry for banning you so hastily."

9. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    You sure? Even you didn't reply the author's clarify
    I'm not even a childish, but seeing your response like that makes you even more childish than me, a simple unwritten rule still applies in the server. So, take the consequences for it.

Whatever you say about me, my independent won't change. You even don't care about the author's situation like he said before, only our staffs that know very well about the author's situation. I don't need to give respects like you and the others who don't know well how the painful it is when modding drivers, but still asking ETA ETAs again. Keep in mind that asking ETAs only make the situations even worse ;)

I have rights from the author to rule the servers, so you need to follow, or just quit. Make it simple

10. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Bringing your complaints/dispute to the formus like this is inappropriate.

It's also clear there is a language barrier here too, it makes understanding the tone and context a person is talking in that much harder to understand.

You guys need to settle this privately.

Acknowledge his complaint, ammend/update rules if necessary and all parties make their apologies and then leave the matter at that

As a moderator myself (in an other quite large discord) I do understand the pressures of ensuring the smooth running of a server however there needs to be clear rules and clear procedures.

Keep things professional, don't stoop to arguments.

@Valiant show a little humility and consideration

@zingzs Relax, you don't need to argue any point, keep things calm and refer to rules instead. Best not to draw yourself into petty squabbles

Karmantyu, zingzs and Rublistoi like this.

11. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    :eek: oh no snowflakes spotted. And also just wait for the update. This is not offical amd release. Its community release soo it can be from weeks to months we have a stable version soo far 22.6.1 when the driver is ready they gonna post it. You think they just wanna keep the drivers? The modder is trying his best to probably fix some bugs that amd may have left behind. Also porting isnt easy.

12. blah604

blah604 Guest

GPU:
    rx 480
    Does anyone rx 480 users get driver timing out issue and if v5 22.1 fixes it? the official driver still timing out =/

13. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Great, now enjoy your free performance boost :D (and many bugfixes)

Karmantyu likes this.
  14. deton24

deton24 Member

GPU:
    a bit outdated
    https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V#ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT

You can also disable hardware acceleration for browser while keeping DXNAVI to fix that issue.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    strelec88 and Mixonja like this.
  15. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M

16. DKB

DKB Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R5 M330
    What is the difference between pending and WiP here? [a bit confused since 22.7.1 is 'pending']

17. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    WiP : working in progress, means the driver is on modding progress

Pending means the driver isn't on either modding progress or not uploaded yet (althought the modding progress is completed)

18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Using DXNAVI on 5700 XT is a revelation. Any DX10 and DX11 games see either a massive performance boost or a massive fluidity boost (eliminating inconsistent frametimes or micro stutters).

DX11 and DX10 use the same driver stack, so both APIs got improvements.

Somewhat due to the DX1X improvements, somewhat due to the DX9 crippling present in modern Windows, I was getting close to 100 fps more (a 100% improvement basically) in Far Cry 2 in 4K, DX10 vs DX9, when I'm CPU bound in both APIs with a Ryzen 5 3600.

19. Mixonja

Mixonja Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireRX580SE 8gb
  20. Please Fix Hotkeys

Please Fix Hotkeys Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've not had problems with Epic Games, Library and Store both work just fine. On a 5700XT anyway

@zingzs You seem to be well informed here, do you know of a way to be able to use "CTRL" as hotkey on Adrenaline? Doesn't let me bind to it. There was a regedit in the past for it but I can't seem to find it anymore