[3rd-Party Driver] Amernime Zone Radeon Insight 22.5.1 WHQL Driver Pack (Released)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Are you satisfying using NimeZ AMD Radeon Drivers?

Poll closed May 17, 2021.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. curryloti

curryloti New Member

GPU:
    AMviDia
    Kudos and many thanks to the man helping to save the earth with these mod drivers and keeping sensible budget gamers very happy at the same time! :D

Fafnyr and DanielRX like this.
  2. CanyonBro

CanyonBro New Member

GPU:
    5750 1gb
    Hey guys, i have a Juniper based Radeon HD 5750 1GB from Gigabyte, i tried to install V4-TerascaleDx11-WHQL-SpotFix-NimeZSlim-Adrenalin-21.11.1-LTS-Rev4.0-RSA but it failed with error code 1603 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603.
    Yes i used DDU before install, and started windows with digital signature off. Maybe the problem is i have secure boot ON in BIOS?

But i have sucessfully installed V1-LegacySE-TerascaleDx11-WHQL-SpotFix-NimeZ-CatalystPro-17.7.1-LTS-Rev2.0

and its working just fine but i wonder if i could use the newer driver version or is there something broken?
    Thanks.

Also here are my benchmark results from my favorite game War Thunder:

tankwtbenchold.png tankwtbenchnew.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  3. reslore

reslore Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Vega 64
    Some Fire Strike benchmark results to show SAM improving my Vega 64.

Also, I did manage to get HBCC + SAM working together, it breaks the in game overlay so disable that before enabling. Both together work very well, improves performance and is smooth :cool:

Watch the combined score go up, it's a high cpu + high graphic demanding scene.

No SAM or HBCC: 9850

NOSAM.PNG

SAM enabled : 9916

SAM.PNG

SAM + HBCC enabled: 9936

SAM+HBCC.PNG

What the benchmark doesn't show is how much it helps in a high cpu (stutter inducing) situation. MMORPG's like WoW and ESO both are much smoother with some microstutter (0.1 % low situations) eliminated. - I think SAM lets in game assets load into memory faster.

edit: as much as I like to try to use SAM + HBCC the two features are buggy together without official AMD support, breaks some browser hardware acceleration as well

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    DanielRX, Fafnyr and CanyonBro like this.
  4. mylipho15

mylipho15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M

You can use this driver if you have a problem before this hotfix.
    HotFix and Revision 1.0 released for GCN and Polaris/Vega/Navi

• Added Snappy Driver Installer Option if Microsoft PnP Process Fail
    • Fixed OpenGL workaround for GCN 1.0 GPU
    • Fixed OpenGL render crash bug on some Ryzen APU model
    • Fixed WHQL Driver Signature Placement for Release GCN
    • Fixed Amernime Zone Menu Missing Label, all menu should functionable now.
    Common Issues for NimeZ 21.12.1 Release
    • Not sure what caused is, Custom Tessellation Value not working for Both GCN and Polaris/Vega/Navi.
    • [GCN] Rebar Compatibility Issues with OpenGL on older Windows 10 Builds than 20H2
    • To use AMD HW Encoder without problem when playing video or using browser, use this video tutorial

reslore, leebottom, PhenixN70 and 3 others like this.

5. Fafnyr

Fafnyr Active Member

GPU:
    R9-390+
    @reslore

yes, if you run SAM/RBAR i feel the games runs smoother at all, think this bigger RAM range makes that the information goes faster to the right places.
    Its not anytime so you become mutch more FPS, but the FPS symmetrical. its difficult to describe, but i see the outpu performance is mutch better.
    Overall im very happy this function give my older GPU i bit more Lifetime, to ride out the price madness at the GPU market.

The second reason are the great drivers here!

gr33tz

reslore likes this.
  6. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    mylipho15 Thanks, everything works great. The only thing remained - the message of the shader cache value is confused, when I choose to enable it, it says that it is disabled. When I choose to turn it off, it says that it is turned on.

7. shenosuke

shenosuke Member

GPU:
    RX580
    I've managed to enable SAM in my RX580 ( option showed up) with 21.12.1.V4 + 4.5 adrenalin, it improved performance in AC valhalla in 5% , but i had some issues in HZD ( textures disapearing etc) , so i rollback to normal 21.12.1 ( normal version) , and the texture bug still happened ( so its a driver bug , not the mod problem) , but now i cant make SAM option shows up again :( , i've used DDU , 12 option in nmzsetup etc, but the option is not showing anymore...

EDIT: i've formated my pc and the option still not showing... Maybe its some kind of bios level thing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  8. Brandon Woolley

Brandon Woolley New Member

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    Hello my discontinued and unsupported brethren, I have an issue with these custom drivers come up...
    First off I'm running a Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 390 8GB & 16GB DDR4 @3200MHz.

I was running these drivers fine for all games i played on what ever version was released back when the Halo Infinite Flights were on back in November, I recently DDU'd and installed the 21.12.1 update [And afterwards tried the hotfix] and now my PC "Hard Resets" Without warning or powering off (Fans/Lighting do not cycle, just instantly starts rebooting confirmed with a POST Beep) after booting up windows normally around 30 seconds in but sometimes can happen before I've even finished typing my password...

I confirmed it was an issue with the driver (I think) by the fact that Safe Mode has no issues and after using DDU and Reinstalling the AMD Stock 21.51.2 Driver also has no issues... although when i try to revert back to 21.9.2 V3 [Unclear if this was the original version i used back in November up to December] It still shows the same issue?!

Can't see anything in event viewer that sheds any light on the situation either...

I tried having a nose through the comments but didn't find anyone talking about crashes or resets so I don't know if anyone will be able to help me out

9. BabY-K

BabY-K New Member

GPU:
    RX 580
    Tried with the update installer , getting error 3f2 using SDI on 2500u. Send the log file in the Google Doc.

10. mylipho15

mylipho15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    You need to uninstall previous driver before installing this hotfix

11. BabY-K

BabY-K New Member

GPU:
    RX 580
    Same error after ddu+AMD clean up

12. leebottom

leebottom Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I have installed 21.12.1 v4 Rev 1.0 with ReBar enabled. I checked aida64 and it still reports 256 mb in heap size Screenshot 2021-12-14 222458.png
    However, hwinfo and gpu-z say that ReBar is enabled. gpu-z1.gif Screenshot 2021-12-14 222605.png Screenshot 2021-12-14 222731.png
    I have enabled ReBAR through bios and the installer, I applied the changes and restarted, no change on aida64. However, gpu-z, radeon software and hwinfo recognize my gpu as a R9 390X, my gpu is actually a R9 390. 390X.png
    Edit: Recording is still missing, just streaming.

2Strix likes this.
  13. 2Strix

2Strix Active Member

GPU:
    R9 295X2
    me to this problem ..

14. Fafnyr

Fafnyr Active Member

GPU:
    R9-390+
    You both have made all needed Bios Enble/disabel things? CSM disable, 4G enable, RBAR enable/auto, disable secureboot and disable TPM crap. GBT Boot medium, X64 OS Windows 10?

i have no clue then, but i thing this Aida shows not importen. GPU-Z all is okay and big Ramrange is showed in the Devicemanager/Driver

gr33tz

15. leebottom

leebottom Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    I have CSM and secure-boot disabled, 4G and ReBAR enabled, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit version 20H2 and my boot drive is GPT. But I do have TPM enabled because of Windows 11, could that affect ReBAR?

Attached Files:

Fafnyr likes this.

16. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    @mylipho15
    REPORT:

HotFix and Revision 1.0 still shows missleading information in the amernime zone when you select shader configuration.
    When you choose enable it shows that it is disabled when you disable it shows enabled.
    Also I have checked settings in RadeonMOD app after chosing enable shader cache on tab 0001 ShaderCache_NA shows 1 and on UMD tab ShaderCache option was 0x3000 (so off) and in reverse when I disabled in amernime at tab 0001 was 0 and in UMD was 0x3200 (so on). I don't get it.
    I tought that setting enable should give me ON for both in radeonMod app?

I have laptop with 4800H with AMD RX VEGA graphics.

Also my laptop just shut down by itself after 1hour after instaling latest hotfix and I don't know if it is related, but previously never had self shutdown. Temps are just normal.

I did ddu before instaling new hotfix by the way

And one thing also after enabling 10bit in amernime radeonmod shows off in tweaks section for this

17. imad bouhafs

imad bouhafs Member

GPU:
    rx 570
    whenever i enable SAM my pc became unstable, the screen goes black, and pc freezes, and after like 5min or so the pc will start working fine but device manager report error 43 on gpu, i have rx 570 4gb, with a asus b450 nad a ryzen 3 3100.

18. ShiftC

ShiftC Member

GPU:
    R9 380
    @leebottom

The heapsize has to be shown correctly in order to confirm that rBAR is been used for more than 256 MB. "Active" rBAR or "showing the large memory range" doesn't mean, that CPU automatically adresses more than 256MB at once.

Open HWinfo Summary, klick on "Bus" and "PCI Bus" and open all trees till you see your GPU. It should be under tree "PCIe GPP bridge".
    Now on the right side, you'll see the supported and current BAR sizes.

upload_2021-12-15_14-8-44.png

If it doesn't work, try following steps:

- turn off your ethernet adapter or unplug your ethernet cable - make sure you have no internet
    - open DDU, select GPU on right side, go to options and select following settings: remove present and non-present monitors, remove vulkan runtime, remove amd audio bus, remove amd crimson shader cache, remove amd control panel

- start clean and restart
    - now install modded driver with adrenalin ui
    - exit NsSetup
    - restart your computer
    - open NzSetup again and turn on rBAR/SAM
    - now check HWinfo as told above

19. s3ruX

s3ruX Member

GPU:
    RX 470(4GB)
    Same with RX 470 h510-a prime 10600KF

20. mylipho15

mylipho15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Even on original amd driver especially Polaris/Vega/Navi 21.12.1 release, Radeon Tuning Load/Save Profile Sometimes missing on my RX 550, already repaired, but then vanished again after 2nd reboot.