3rd party cooler info...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bombero, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 Zalman OC
    I have a Saphire x1950 pro 512 AGP with the stock cooler, I've searched the threads and found that there are a few good replacements for this card. I think I want to go with the Zalman VF900-Cu, but I read a few things about a needed "heat spreader" for the voltage regulators? The Zalman does not have this but the Accelero X2 does, does anyone have this card with the Zalman and if I do need a spreader where can I get one?

I have a Zalman VF700-Cu on my GeForce 6800 128 (o/c 400/900) and it worked awsome so I want to stay with them...but I just need some help with the voltage reg heat spreader issue..

as I said in another post this is my first ATI card ever....so I need a bit of help...thanx.

P.S. is $35.00 a good price for the VF900-Cu?

2. You can probably stick these on your voltage regulators and memory and still use Zalman. I personaly like Zalman a lot.

Good luck!

3. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Might be a bit irrelevant but i can not be more happy with my Accelero X2 i put on the x1950pro. It is so quiet and so good cooler that i cannot imagine running this without it.

4. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 Zalman OC
    OK, I went and got a VF900-Cu off ebay for $25.00 NEW with no shipping charge....so I think I got a deal, but some of the other questions have not been answered, not to be nasty but when I was an NVIDIA owner and needed info they were all over it, the ATI guys seem to be a bit "I Dont Care" attitude...like there is only onfo on a few "High End" cards and if you dont pay 3 to 5 hundred bucks for your card you get net recognition here......

sorry but this is the way I see this ATI forum, I have been a GeForce owner for a long time and have always gotten help when needed, but you guys are a bit selfish with the help.............(I want to put this another way but I cant!)