3D vision community solution [mods please do not delete]

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by RAGEdemon, Jul 15, 2013.

1. RAGEdemon

RAGEdemon Guest

GPU:
    GeForce4 Ti4600
    Hello everyone,

As you know, nvidia has been steadily declining in support for Stereo3D and their drivers. With the advent of the next gen consoles this christmas, most if not all games will be DX11 - an API which the 3D vision driver is not good at handling.

The situation will likely get worse.

Some of the best software engineers on the nvidia 3D vision forum have got together to make a shader wrapper specifically for DX11. The community feels that a community based solution is the single best hope for everyone to continue enjoying Stereo3D in the future.

Please refer to this thread:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/549473/3d-vision/indigomod-dx11-wrapper-by-chiri-and-elbarterino-bioshock-infinite/1

The first game to get the treatment is Bioshock Infinite. You can see from the screens that the results are superb.

Users like myself would just like to spread awareness of this not-for-profit effort by the community.

I implore you to not interpret this as spam. This is exactly the kind of thing that Guru3D articles write about.

In fact, if I might so humbly request, might this be made into a sticky?

Kind regards,
    -- Shahzad.

2. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    +1 To everything he said as this really is our saviour for gaming in 3D so to the Moderators please dont delete this thread, check this out and you will understand what he is talking about.

I urge anyone interested in 3D Vision check this thing out as it means the world to us 3d gamers :)

And damn was it long time since my last post here, 2009 in fact so you all can see this means a lot and im sure I gonna come back posting here as I really did liked this place :)

Ps! Forget about my specs in sig as clearly that was way back in 2009 hehe.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  3. Airion

Airion Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Not sure why there are spam worries here.

This is the real deal and it's a great community based solution to the real lack of decent stereoscopic support in some games. Despite the community's effort to lobby for support, the developers of Bioshock Infinite weren't interested. This is the result. PC gamers and the industry should take notice.

I'm new here but search my user name on the linked (above) Nvidia forums for AVS Forums. I registered here to back this effort. It deserves it.

4. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    Well done Airion!

This thing deserves all the support it can get on forums/sites you name it.

Wonder if I dare post this in the Pc gaming sector to so more people will see it but I guess the mods wont like that :/

It's really a shame that Nvidia dont do more for their own tech, they just dont seem to bother at all even then we 3d gamers are so active on the nvidia boards so I really hope this meets it's goal as this means everything for a 3d vision user with real dx11 support :)

5. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB