3D Speeds Limited with Afterburner

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by The_Smurph, May 19, 2011.

1. The_Smurph

The_Smurph Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870 1GB
    Im running a 4870 and Im trying to get AB up and running again. The 2.2 beta crashed and gave me the corrupt files. So I thought i needed to downgrade to the 2.1 which is what Ive done.

While I was running the beta I had no issues overclocking the card and did not have to deal with the ATI Overdrive. Now with the 2.1 AB my card will not overclock past the 790 lock even though I have enabled the nonofficial overclock.

While running the beta, i didnt have to worry about the 2D/3D speeds. I could set the overclock and it would stay there. Now with the 2.1 AB, The 2D/3D speeds actually work and I think Catalyst is deciding to take over AB and not let me overclock and higher.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to set the overclock. Ive unistalled and reinstalled both CCC and AB and have gotten nowhere. Some help would be greatly appreciated

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Should try 2.2.0 Beta 3. Thing to keep in mind with beta 3 is the gpu setting for high leakage and low leakage.

3. The_Smurph

The_Smurph Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870 1GB
    Thanks for the info but that didnt shed any light on to my problem. Once again thanks, and I will def have to check out the beta. However Im just trying to get AB to work at this point in time.

4. The_Smurph

The_Smurph Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4870 1GB
    Alright so now my GPU speeds wont even set with AB. Ive tried to set 3D and 2D speeds to no avail. AB was literally working perfectly 4 days ago and now with the new beta released I can not get my 3D speeds to apply. No one has any ideas ?

5. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    You should not control CCC and AB at the same time. Try to control AB only and it should work fine.