3D Mark 2008 'Vantage' Guru3d Records

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by compgeek89, Apr 28, 2008.

1. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air
    Nice one drouge. I either have to get more dice or hook up the vapo. The plan was to get Vantage out of the way and then do some 01 and AM3 single 3870X2 runs all with the dice I had this morning. But that didn't happen and "Just when I try to quit, you pull me back in!!" :)

ATI was in dire need of some decent drivers and it appears that they are going in the right direction!!

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    drouge's score is higher when you have alot higher clcoked cpu and overall the GPU clcoks are similar?? surely thats not right??

3. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air

I believe he's using ATI's new beta drivers. Trust me, I used their "Vantage hotfix drivers" this morning and they were, at best, unpredictable. Lots of scenes start with FPS less than 5 then suddenly pop up into the 90s, they were really all over the place and the pattern would change from run to run. It was crazy. Anyway, from the looks of it, ATI is trying to address the problem and that's a good thing!!

4. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i thought it must be a driver issue, well anyway good scores lads.

5. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air

Here's the comments I had after my runs this morning but I edited them out as I thought they were too negative. hahahaha:

I wasted half of my dice getting the drivers straightened out. The words for the day are "wild fluctuation" which aren't good words if you are referring to benchmark results. I had a CPU score as high as 20900 and with the vid cards set like above, my total score was 11900.

What is killing ATI in this benchmark, at least with my system, is the exremely low, single digit FPS throughout the GPU tests. For instance, there are several scenes at the end of Jane Nash where the FPS drops to 5 or below. In New Calico, FPS drop to single digits usually during the transitions to the next scene. In at least one isntance, the FPS doesn't get any higher than 11 during the whole scene. Now on the flip side, the highs are there too. I believe it was the 2nd scene in Calico where I hit 102 FPS. With my nvidia cards, there aren't these wild extremes and the drivers are certainly more consistent.

The second highest score I had today was 14747 and that was with the CPU @ 4950 and the cards same as above. I had several runs in between where I was raising my CPU MHz but leaving the cards constant and the scores ranged from 11900 to 13500. The run I have posted is my last because I ran out of dry ice but it could just as easily turned out to be 12600. I literally lucked out and had a decent GPU run!! Terrible, inconsistent drivers. Based on the high FPS that I've seen and that are possible with these cards, I think ATI could compete with the nvidia cards if they could get stable, consistent drivers. I literally felt like I was drawing numbers out of a hat as far as scores go. :bang:

By the way, I just noticed that my test results show the FSB @ 333. It was actually @ 466.

6. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  7. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    nice run bro, very nice

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Whoa wkmgt, thought it'd take a bit longer to know drouge off the top spot? So which one of u two is gonna be the first guru to hit 17k then?

9. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    I don't think it will be me.

10. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air
    Thanks guys!! :)

11. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Nice score, what was the deal witht he drivers then?? i take it you tired some newer ones??

12. wkmgt

wkmgt Member Guru

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX280 Stock Air

Yes, I tried the Catalyst 8.6 Beta drivers. The link for these can be found in the ATI drivers section. They are faster in Vantage, are much more consistent run to run and are a huge leap in the right direction.

13. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Hi here,
    I come with a bug, which I beleave is due to a software issue.
    [​IMG]

It concerns water and that only, when no water is in sight, then no problem. Only happens in the first graphic test of Vantage... Very annoying, but doesn't keep me from getting a score (I don't post it now I kinda suxx :puke2: )
    The bugged water is now at left of the screen. I am running Vista32 without SP1, ATI 8.5, without CCC installed and Vantage 1.0.1 advanced

I Hope someone can help me on this

14. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    Try the Catalyst 8.6 beta's in the download section at guru3d. You should also install SP1 and CCC.:) What's your hardware setup?

15. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    The quote from the Vantage req:

I think that it might be related with the problem you're having.

16. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    im not running SP1 yet i mine isnt like that.

17. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Yeah but you have a nvidia card and he has ati. Dunno actually what's the real cause, it might be the driver bug too, but the lack of SP1 was the first thing which came to my mind as I remembered what's said in the official Vantage req.

18. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Ok, thx all of you, I'm downloading updates, (very fresh install of Vista this morning :nerd:

I don't see the SP1 yet, I guess it will come arround in further updates to me... 'don't konw.

My hardware is:

OCZ proXstream 1Kw
    GA-X38T-DQ6 bios f7b(soon Asus X48 evo),
    Q6600 or E8400,
    2x1Go DDR3 OCZ pc3 8500
    2x3870X2(MSI OC + Connect3D nonOC)

and the OC is (for benchs)
    cpu@445*9
    ddr3@ 712 cas7-6-5-18-1T

And as I'm newbie Vantage and ATI (not mentionning CFx...) I don't clock them 3870.
    The thing is that I randomly have a good driver and CCC instal, and sometimes no CCCamong other install issues...Plus GPU-Z reads that I have 4 gpu's and only 2 of 'hem are noted as CF enable.....HOW COME?

As I said, I discover it actually... a pleasure :)
    [​IMG]
    Thats a first shot, gpu's not clocked to see at first ;) I Do not have the sp1 yet(does-it improve perfs? )so my bug on waters remains... Funnny it only appears at the first test, that 'd be cool if it was solved by upgrading to SP1.

19. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i just started to run at performance settings and i was getting approx 3fps in first test and 4-5in second gfx test so i stopped it

is this normal

p.s. im running vista x64 sp1 + 174.12 drivers (only stable i can find)

20. Odyracer18

Odyracer18 Member

GPU:
    POV GF 8800gt