3D Mark 2005 Guru3d Records

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by compgeek89, Apr 22, 2006.

1. KizilejdeR

KizilejdeR Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Hd5850 1Gb
  2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Finally beaten my quadfire score with the 5800's... they really arent all that vs. the 4870X2's when it comes to 05!

[​IMG]

3. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Really nice score there Mike!! :) Lovin it!

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Cheers m8, cant believe you can get 4.7ghz on these chips on water (even tho HT is off). Just wondering, wot do u think max safe voltage is for these chips on water? gonna need over 1.45v to get 4.7ghz stable with HT on for vantage... not sure if its wise to head towards 1.5v.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    real nice mike kick ass!

run your favorite cpu temp monitor and push the volts till you run out of temps with ht off you can get away with more then you think
    on air for just a short time i grew a pair and put 1.47 in it got alittle heated.
    and was testing 06 cpu tests
    close to 90c on one core and it may be off a degree or two.
    [​IMG]

..never even put more then 1.50 on my 920 with dice cooling.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks cowie, the other thing I was wondering was how many threads 06 can take advantage of I.e can u get away with turning off ht on these chips in 06 without it dropping your score?

7. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Mike, Do you use loadline calibration level 2? That made a world of difference for me.. We use the same board so was just curious.. instead of standard or level 1..

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, I'm using llc lvl2. Found the same thing - makes a huge difference. Actual voltage read by everest is still a fair bit lower than what you set it to in bios though. Keep meaning to dig out the dmm to get a more accurate read. This is on the F6 bios. Hicookie sent me a 980x benching bios which I'm also gonna give a shot later in the week :)

9. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
  10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Got a few more mhz out of my 980x:

[​IMG]

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    not bad mike i played 05 today too.
    my chip is all done around this speed no matter how many volts i hope maybe ln2 might help idk.
    but i will just run around 1.59v for benching it will run close to this at those volts anyway ,the chip has to bench for me 1yr or till 8core 16 thread chips comeout
    [​IMG]

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Ouch... that 480 score of yours hammers mine Cowie... and thats with single GPU! Nice job mate :)

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well today i had the mindset to put in crasy assed volts but board or chip dont like it over 1.68ish?? it wont boot windows with 1.75v even at speeds i can boot at with lower volts? temps were -56c at the time of crash that should have at low enuff to boot windows?
    i have to see what i can do i'm bottlenecked with two cards and lots are running high 40's with 1 card and 980 @ 5.7ish
    one guy put up a 54k with 1 card on air!!!!
    http://hwbot.org/community/submission/990076_nickshih_3dmark_2005_geforce_gtx_480_54214_marks
    theses cards are benching terrors man

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    So it seems... would love to give a pair ago, but just cant justify it atm. Gonna have to sit this one out and stick with my 5870's a while longer. I'll see how nvidia is fairing if/when they release a 512core version of the cards and i might switch then :)

15. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    Yeah, cowie, that hwbot link shows that new R3 board too. Wow! 6.3 at least stable for FM runs.... think th:nerd:at's my next board.

16. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    That is an amazing single card score Gino!!! Really freaking awesome!

Are you still running the classified with this chip? -56c is cold enough to boot.. What do you think is happening.. Pcie frequency was giving me some trouble.. The computer crashed with high bclk at anything below 111. Also, I've been noticing memory issues..
    I used to run the 4 core chips at 1.75v for the mem at subzero and now to even get vantage or 06 stable at above 5500mhz I need 1.80v - 1.82v on the mem.. I did some vantage testing for this gigabyte competition and so far I'm at 5646 mhz in vantage.. Not good enough I'm afraid...
    I think it may do 5700 or 5800.. I'm getting more dice and LN2 tomorrow so hopefully we'll see what this can do.. I used 1.920v and the modified ud7 but it runs fine in the 1.8v range.. For some reason 1.776v was always cool too :)
    I hope you figure out whats going on... I guess ht off/on.. Does that make a difference.. I could only get over 6ghz by disabling ht and all cores except 2.. :(

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    still on the classy...but re3 looks very good
    right now i'v been playing safe and making sure a get results every time i go sub zero.
    but i need to experiment alittle and not kill anything

thanks for the tips i'll see what i can do

18. Bodar

Bodar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lots of Fermi'zzzz
    Hey Gino... What is a safe memory overclock for the gtx 480's... Were you pushing the memory there or was that a mild overclock.. So far I found that from 700 to 800 does'nt seem to cause much stress or more voltage for that matter. Thanks man!! :) I've been testing on my crap gaming os just to see what I can do so far..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i think 1050-1100(or w/e in ddr5 lingo) is the most my samsung ram will do safely.

i got 1 card dressed and ready for dice last night will test soon

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  20. Hardware Killer

Hardware Killer Member Guru

GPU:
    7970 Lightning Quadfire
    [​IMG][/IMG]

43588 i7 980x @ 5 Ghz 4870x2 CFX