390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Yeah, gonna try the higher clocked one...since I know my samsung memory can clock over 1500 through MSI afterburner. But once again I have to point to everyone my particular card does not have Hynix or elpdata memory.

I can't test on my Powercolor PCS+ 290X since I have not gotten a new one back from RMA yet.

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Are you sure? Ah yeah it is just compared in a hex editor.

3. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    best driver for flashed 290X is 15.15 from asder00 :)

@powercolor bios: in hex it say GRENADA PRO not XT as XFX bios

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  4. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    It boots up normally without driver. Black screen after installing driver. Maybe we should try different driver version?

5. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    Guys, I don't know how to modify the BIOS files. This is way too complicated for my knowledge. I'm used to flashing vBIOS, though.
    I've got a Sapphire Radeon R9 290X OC Tri-X 4GB Hynix without extra OC (1040/1300)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anybody know if there is a modded BIOS with those same frequencies suitable for my card anywhere?

Thanks!!!

6. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    exactly :) also no stats in gpu-z

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    If anyone wants there bios modded let me know.....
    free time here for a few hours lol
    while i work out how to do the voltages...

i can do the memory and core clocks and uefi added as well as 8gb to 4gb tweak. :)
    voltages are out of my league for now. :)

8. Nwanko

Nwanko Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW 2151/5000
    Flashed fine, but has issues,tried just the bios flash,left the drivers and the oc and in BF4 i was getting like a black screen flickering, video came on and off. No oc was fine.

Also i think the idle and load temps were a little better 2-3 C.
    Havent tried the 15.15 modded driver.

9. fatalfury 51

fatalfury 51 New Member

GPU:
    Guys, after more testing i am really, really don't recommend to use those 390x bios or your r290/290x cards in regular daily usage. From my observation, gpu-z can report false VDDC voltage on r9 200 with flashed 390x bios (much lower than really is). I tested card under very heavy load in OCCT GPU, and with exactly the same voltage, card with 390x bios the VRM1 was hotter almost 20c more than card flashed with 290 bios. WITH THE SAME REPORTED VOLTAGE UNDER HEAVY LOAD the 390x bios warmed vrm power section 20c hotter (290 bios - 95c 390x bios - 115c) ! Keep in mind those cards have different PCB's. This can be one of the reasons of instability - overloaded vrm or/and too high real vddc voltage, than reported by gpu-z. Sorry for my english. Also in games my card is much more stable with 290 bios, even if 390 bios gave me more 3d mark score. Just warning you guys, dont brick your cards.

10. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    JUst a thought as some people asked about changing deviceid and all but can't while modifing the bios...however there may be another option though I have never used it.

ATIFLASH has some other commands USE AT YOUR OWN RISK..hopefully some others will know more about these commands

-padevid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific device ID.
    -passid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific SSID.
    -pasvid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific SVID.
    -pavbpn=<VBPN> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific VBIOS PN.
    -logappend Logs and appends output to atiflash.log
    -ddc Enable DDC support
    -padevid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific device ID.
    -passid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific SSID.
    -pasvid=<ID> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific SVID.
    -pavbpn=<VBPN> Use with -pa command to update adapters of specific VBIOS PN.

11. JonMS

JonMS Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980Ti FTW
    Thats specific to flashing certain cards at once through ATIFLASH not changing IDS. The command to change IDs does not work with these cards as I've already tried

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Damn well it was a thought. :bang:

13. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    PCB of reference card are the same, there is even a gif showing that capacitor to capacitor in exact same place. It's a Rebrandeon 390X nothing more :).
    About VDDC youre right, it acts crazy on 390x bios. From my testing on Witcher 3 under 390X bios i've seen voltage from 1.000V to 1.372V on my gpu, while on 290 bios it jumps around 1.188V to 1.234 more or less.

[​IMG]

14. CGabry

CGabry Member

GPU:
    GTX970 XTremeGaming
    Yup i was telling that since the first modded bios came out...

15. fatalfury 51

fatalfury 51 New Member

GPU:
    Thank you for the info about pcb, didn't knew that. But you also confirmed my theory about very strange vddc values with 390x bios... aand who know if this leaked XFX bios is really from reference card ? I spend some hours on bencharking and trust me , this xfx 390 bios really warming VRM section much hotter with the same vcore voltage readings and is definitely less stable compare to stock 290 bios. I just would recommend wait for bios on which we will be sure that he comes from reference card.

16. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Flashed my brother's Asus 290x reference, it works well at stocks settings

Notice Idle its around 0.95v, but can go as high as 1.3v soo if you have a crappy silicon, it will not work. Temps are noticeably lower but it could be placebo effect.

390x bios is hard to OC as it crashes at 1100/1450mhz which usually I have no issue with original bios.
    Maybe its cause by 1040 drivers. May Try 15.15 tomorrow, to tired to try it out now.

PS VRM temps where around 60-70c, I guess its because it as direct contact with the main heat stink.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  17. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    That's weird. With 390x bios my VDDC is 0.930V on idle and 1.203V on max load, fluctuating between 1.172V to 1.195V even on Battlefield 4 with most settings on ultra.

18. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Nope its not reference card bios, I'm quite sure of it by looking at the overdrive options from AMD Catalyst Control Center. Its missing Maximum temp control and maximum fan speed control. All I can see is Manual Fan control. Which is strange, only older cards like HD7xxx series have this kind of settings.

19. BonJovi

BonJovi New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x 4gb BF4
    Hi guys

I was reading the post and I was with a doubt
    Sorry my question,.
    But what advantage in flash 290 / 290x 390x with bios ??
    I ask because if it is because of frequency, there are several own bios 290 / 290x. And if to boot UEFI GOP also has.
    So what's the advantage?

Sorry my English

20. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    There may or may not be any advantage, that remains to be seen. To me right now this is a proof of concept, as it will take much further testing.

There is one advantage as of now...cause we can. Actually some advantages have come up through this proof of concept, such as been able to edit 290/390 vbios, but I think there is much more to learn. This may well lead to new vbios editing tools, as of now it is mostly manual hex editing.

Also we are dealing with a multitude of cards both reference and non reference, there is more to do.