1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
  2. reconsiderthat

reconsiderthat New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor PCS+ R9 390
    I ran into the same issue, Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Download the source code as .zip
    2. Imported the extracted source in Visual studio community edition.
    3. Compiled and exported the .exe. :pc1:

3. fluffi444

fluffi444 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    Maybe one of you could help...
    I use sucsessfully 290X Modded Bios for my stock R9 290.
    h**p://***.overclock.net/t/1564219/modded-r9-390x-bios-for-r9-290-290x-updated-02-16-2016
    (thx @ Insan1tyOne)

I managed to adjust Fan and TDP / PowerLimit / TDC to my needs (270/270/210) to run stable 1000/1250

Now I tried to lower max temp that the card starts to throttle at 85°C but it didn't work.
    I set max. ASIC to 85 and Fan Profiles temps also to 85 (temp3/Max temp) but the card still goes over 85°C.

Is there something elso to set to limit the card to max 85°C ?

Thank you all!

4. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 SH EK X 8Gb
    It was possible in the old CCC's OverDriver menu. I con not seem to find it on the new Cripple.. khmmm Crimson GUI. :puke2:

Why though? The card was designed and certified by the manufacturer for 95deg. Why do you want to limit the performance and/or increase your noise level?
    In all honesty though, I have been using full cover water block for almost 10 years by now, so I wouldn't know... Although, I ran a couple of 290(X) cards as a "mining minifarm" for about a year (back in late 2013 and early 2014). I allowed them to run at constant 95deg 24/7 and I had no problems. The stock coolers ran at constant 100% speeds and performance was limited by the heath.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016

5. fluffi444

fluffi444 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    Yes - same here - Maybe because of the modded Bios? With stock bios the slider is visible and useable. Even with Crimson latest drivers + Control center.
    Because I have a modded (old) Accelero Xtreme 5970 on my R9 290.
    This is very silent - even with 100% FAN - but it cannot handle the extreme temps of R9 290 completely. Therefore the limit... So it has an reason for me in particular. Running this for years now with Afterburner and idea was to get rid of all software based solution... (as most of us)

So your answer let me think there is no solution with HawaiiBiosReader?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  6. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 SH EK X 8Gb
    Oh! Yes! I think I don't see that slider now because I have no fan attached (water cooling), not because the new GUI is missing that option. It makes sense because the temperature control (most of the times) would be realized by fan control but there is no fan to control...

7. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I love these bioses Insan1tyOne/gupsterg did, using them for a couple of weeks. Tried Stilt ones too, but for some reason I got 4 monitors (instead of 2), constantly changing places all around and the temps were 7-8 degrees higher on same frequency. With this 390 it is golden, quiet and problem free card with much better fan curves compared to default PCS+ bios that was getting loud if you run even solitaire. I only wish there were some "preclocked" versions like Stilt's but not a biggie, thanks guys!

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    Advanced Fan control in BIOS, and then set Target temperature to 85 C in Crimson <- thats it.

Janos is telling you that you can run your 290 at 90+C if you want.
    It's ugly, its not particularly healthy, but it shouldnt kill your card per se.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    I am trying to emulate Stryx/Gaming 0dB/ZeroFrozr "technology".
    Which simply stops the fan spinning under normal 2D desktop use.

So I've set min fan speed to zero in BIOS, and while Crimson and GPU-Z show 0% Fan Speed, fans still keep spinning at 600RPM.
    I am thinking this is due to stupid 12V fan power connection, which I am using instead of fan jack on GPU PCB.

Has anyone done this already?

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    can i flash my 390 nitro to 390x?

11. fluffi444

fluffi444 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    Maybe I missed that "Fan control Type" setting in Bios Editor. Will check if this gonna work...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  12. Zweite93

Zweite93 Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    So I've just read Insan1tyOne guide about flashing 290x to 390x and got confused with this voltage mod thing. What's the difference between stock voltage table and idle voltages and modded voltage table and idle voltages? What should I use for reference 290x?

13. fluffi444

fluffi444 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 / 4GB
    OK - works with "Fan control Type" set to 1!
    Great! Thanks for pointing me to the right direction!

Slider in Crimson is back and limit is at 85°C max possible.
    Exactly what I wanted! :)

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    Thanks for reporting back.

15. mtgorkem

mtgorkem New Member

GPU:
    r9 290

link ?

16. mtgorkem

mtgorkem New Member

GPU:
    r9 290

link ???

17. Diakon8

Diakon8 New Member

GPU:
    290x, 1060
    Hello, I have Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X 4GB GDDR5 OC (UEFI) 11226-00-40G, 1040MHz core, memory 5200MHz. I´d like flash bios to 390x can you guys send my link for correct bios for my card please? thank you.