390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    So I skimmed around and couldn't find a definitive answer. I know the 390X has different memory than the 4GB 290X but is it the same for memory thats on the 8GB 290X? Has anyone flashed a 8GB 290X to a 390X and what are the results? Thanks.

2. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    From when I viewed & modded 290X 8GB rom for a member it doesn't have same RAM IC as 390X. The 390/X roms have slightly tighter RAM timings as well.

If I use my 290X stock 1250MHz strap timings in say 1500MHz or 1625MHz strap so RAM frequencies like 1475 or 1525 use tighter timings vs stock 290X rom I beat a 390X in benches clock for clock by 3%. The benches I compared were ones where I believe the extra ram on a 390X doesn't come into play.

Besides RAM IC used The Stilt posted on OCN that the 390/X roms have some tweak in them to allow memory controller to achieve higher RAM speeds vs 290/X.

I tried a complete VRAM_info table from 390X rom in my factory 290X rom with my RAM IC timings and it didn't raise RAM OC ceiling and for the RAM frequencies which my stock rom was stable the modded one artifacted.

My best results for 24/7 use/benches is factory rom modded to clocks & voltages I require with tightened timings.

3. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X

So if I have a Saphire 8GB 290X you reccommend a modded stock bios over flashing to a 390X?

4. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Yes, but can you state:-

a) do you have 290X 8GB new edition Tri-X or Vapor-X?

b) what is RAM IC on your card?

New edition Tri-X uses same PCB/VRM phase design as Nitro 390/X. SO that ROM should be very compatible as long as ROM support RAM IC on your card.

IF you have Vapor-X 290X 8GB I'd be hesitant to try 390/X rom on it, the 390/X is 6+1+1 phases design, Vapor-X 290X is 10+2+1 from some new discussion I had via PM with a forum member who could tell me more than I'd found on the web.

5. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    Thanks. Its the new Saphire Tri-X, not the Vapor X. Not sure on RAM as I just ordered the card and it will arrive later this week.

6. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    No worries, when you have card run Memory Info Tool to check RAM IC on card.

7. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    So I got my Saphire Tri-X 8GB 290X and GPU-Z lists it as Elpida RAM.

8. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Post 907 has a memory info tool link which will tell you exact IC, GPU-Z only state brand.

9. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X

Memory Vender - Elpdia
    Memory Name - EDW4032BABG_1375
    Memory Type - GDDR5
    Memory Size - 8192MB
    Memory Density - 128MX32
    Memory Width - 512 Bit
    Memory Channel Size 32
    Number of Channels 16

10. neilcarlochavez

neilcarlochavez New Member

GPU:
    R9 380X
    r9 380x

can anyone help me. why is Hawaii bios editor does not support my v bios. i have a AMD R9 380X with Tonga chip.

11. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    It's a Hawaii BIOS Editor for Hawaii based cards, Tonga cards are not supported.

Try to contact Oneb1t via PM, he could add support for Tonga cards.

12. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
  13. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i've done some 390x modding and now that i got a taste of what changing timings can do, i wanna do more! any other places to look? maybe change the power limits or something...

14. Altra

Altra New Member

GPU:
    XFX - R9 295x
    Hello Sirs.

I wanted to let you all know this thread is the funniest thing I've done with any kind of a GPU, evah.

Letting that aside, I own an R9 295x2, Stock cooling, and am speacially annoyed by 2 things so far.

First: VRAM Going from w/e idle clock state to maximum just by watching any kind of video. (I've seen people have been trying to make some kind of Steps from idle to Max clock, but with no results). Has anyone keep going up on this?

Second: Even at idle, the Fan for the Vrams, is noisy (I'm a picky person, if at idle or just not in games, I don't want to hear the computer at all). So I would love to get the idle fan speed to lower values than what it is (If any chance for a fan curve, that would be top.)

Thanks for the amazing thread guys, and happy new year :D.

15. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    you can set fan curve in hawaibiosreader ;)
    about 2d vram clock there is thread on amd community forums
    https://community.amd.com/message/2695283#2695283

feel free to comment
    you can now create global profile with 2d clocks and add 3d clocks only for games its complicated but it works

16. Altra

Altra New Member

GPU:
    XFX - R9 295x
    Okay, I hope the 2d clocks get fixed by AMD. As you said, I was doing the global config way, but it's not really how I would want it :p.

On the Fan side, I'm talking about an R9 295x.
    Dunno if I'm :stewpid: , but the card doesn't like the changes I'm doing.

Master Bios.
    ht tp://i66.tinypic.com/2apa3o.jpg

Slave Bios.
    ht tp://i65.tinypic.com/34sm6pl.jpg

Had to separate the http value since forum doesn't like me not having enough posts to link images. Hope's not a problem :D

That's without any kind of modification, pretty weird values imo.

Swapping the "Fan Control type" to 1, makes the card unable to boot at all.

Dunno if I'm doing something wrong (which I probably am :D).

17. gungstar

gungstar New Member

GPU:
    290dc2oc4g
    hi. in HawaiiBiosReader not visible voltage table. how enable it?

18. hodor418

hodor418 New Member

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri X OC
    Hi, I downloaded the Hawaii Bios Reader from the bin folder on Git, but it wont open. I have windows 10 x64. When opening, it says that it can run on this pc. When I try running as admin, it says that it can't find the exe????.

Thanks for the help :D

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    cab someone take a look at R9295x2 compatibility in the lastest beta or final of the program
    as i have tried a few times doing something and when flashing the card all i get is a black screen on boot and have to revert to my previous modded firmware lol

its like the checksum is broken or something else but weirdly the program says checksum Ok... something is not right.

20. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB