390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. autoshot

autoshot New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 4GB
    Is there a way to mod the BIOS of my Asus R9 290X DCII-OC such that the fans are completely turned off for GPU-Temperatures below 50°C like with the 390s?

2. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    probably yes just test it by lowering fan speed to 0%

3. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    So far I think this has not worked on 290/X roms, has anyone that flashed 390/X rom seen if fans stop?

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware feature on my Vapor-X 290X, flicking a switch on PCB enables IFC (Intelligent Fan Control) which switches off the 2 outer fans on low temps/loads.

4. autoshot

autoshot New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 4GB
    Is there some tutorial that explains the BIOS-modding process in detail? Don't wanna break anything...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

5. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Was going to add this to post 1 of OCN thread but found something new! by VDDCI is also a RAM Freq ref, at present we / hawaiireader is not changing it! but it does change in stock roms when ram freq raised. As well as thanking Asder00 for finding hex gotta thank Ized of OCN for testing mod.

Here is crop of my factory Vapor-X 290X STD rom and OC edition powerplay, view turquoise boxed hex and text.

[​IMG]

6. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    im changing this value but its not really needed :)

7. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    No worries, I'm just going to do it as well to keep with how factory roms do :) .

8. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Am I correct in thinking that a rom which supports 2 types of RAM we would change RAM size in 2 places?

[​IMG]

9. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Any suggestions on modded R9 295X2 Bois to use that's unvolted and higher clocked? I can't use the water block modded bois yet as i don't have a water block yet. I just want to get the most and the best out of this beast.

10. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Bump i need to know.

11. Gapster

Gapster Active Member

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Can someone reupload 4gb version of BIOS, please?

12. Akram

Akram Member

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    Hi All,

Pls shed some light. I have Sapphire R9 290 (red color with single fan) stock. I have this trouble with my graphic card, some time, the monitor just shuts down. SO i thought to flash new bios.

Can anyone link me which 390x bios should i flash? Is there any improvements in gaming?. Any disadvantages?

13. fat4l

fat4l Member

GPU:
    Asus Ares 3 8GB
    Hi mate.
    Does increasing of "Power Limit" by MSI AB increase TDC as well or PL value only ?

I'm trying to remove blackscreening which appears once I put more than >200mV and >0% power limit into my Asus Ares 3 (2x 290x).
    Ares 3 bios values are:
    TDP/ PL / TDC= 208 / 208 / 200

.....which is the same as for Default 290X.
    Sapphire 290X Tri-X OC for example, has TDP/ PL / TDC= 216 / 216 / 208.

I'm wonderring what is the max safe TDP/PL/TDC considering the fact that Ares 3 uses 2x 290x and has only 1 PCIe slot power + 3x8pin power, 16 phases ? :)

(Temps are fine, @load, stock 40C-42C, with +200mV its 55-60C max, the same for vrms)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  14. fat4l

fat4l Member

GPU:
    Asus Ares 3 8GB
    Hi mate.
    I have asus ares 3, which is 2x290X2 and kind of similar to 295X2 you have.
    I've been talking to gupsterg and he is helping me out with my card and bios settings and stuff around it.
    He advised me to talk to you as you played around your bios and our cards are very similar.
    Can you please tell me more ?
    I'm trying to get my card stable at high clocks as my water cooling is top notch and my core and vrm temps are low.
    I would like to see your bios values(screenshot from hawaiireader), what voltages you are using in bios, what clocks you could get etc....

I'm facing a problem with displayport and 144Hz + high clocks = blackscreening.
    I believe it's a known problem and only happens if I use displayport, and more than 60Hz + >1200MHz on core1. Not sure if you faced this problem.

I'm also experiencing downclocking.
    I tried to play with limits in hawaiireader but it's not rly helping.
    If I use stock clocks and +50% power limit, then its all good, clocks stay at 1030.
    If I use for example 1220MHz, clocks are not at 1200 but fluctuating at 1219, 1218 etc..

Like I said I would like to get the max out of this ares 3.

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Upload your bios`s and i will take a look also if you are running @144hz ect and above, downclocking will be of no use to you as you will get black screening if downclocking under stock voltages or clocks as i use 60hz/75hz i have no issues with this though i can take a look at your bios.

16. fat4l

fat4l Member

GPU:
    Asus Ares 3 8GB
    THanks.
    Blackscreenign only appears when I use more than 60Hz and clocking gpu1 mor ethan 1200mhz. clocking gpu2 doesnt affect it. Mem clock doesnt affect it as well.
    This is the bios I use. It's stock bios but 25mV offset removed by gupsterg.
    www@overclock@net/attachments/35379

put "." instead of "@" cuz I can't post links.

Anyway, what's the max voltage u have used or using now ? As a bios value ?

17. emyhc

emyhc New Member

GPU:
    HIs r9 390x
    HIS R9 390x modded bios?

Hi guys,i'm new on this forum...i search a bios modded version for my His r9 390x,if possible without vdroop and with no voltage limit...anyone have this?:)

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Thanks for the info Fat4l i will take a look at your card at the weekend as pretty busy at the moment with night**** work ect ect due to Christmas build up and will let you know my findings :)

19. haz_mat

haz_mat Master Guru

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Will this work to mod my windforce 290x w/ elpida?

I don't care if the 390x bios works on it, I just want to increase my idle ram speed. I notice a streak across my screen at desktop when that jumps from 150 to 1500 - not always but often enough to notice.

Note I haven't been able to follow this thread much (full time at university right now) - so please excuse my ignorance here. If there is a summary or crash-course guide buried in here somewhere I'm not likely to find it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  20. gabibbo97

gabibbo97 New Member

GPU:
    R9-290X 4096MB
    [​IMG]
    Assetto Corsa benchmark, left 290X 15.45 Bios, right 390X 15.49 Bios from another forum.
    1100 core/ 1400 mem on both, ELPIDA memory, SAPPHIRE BRAND