390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ocvn

ocvn Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295x2
  2. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Which straps did you add timings to?

3. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    I believed i used that timing for 1251mhz-1500mhz. The GPU score for 1030/1251 is 200-400 lower compare to 1030/1250(Stock).
    I ran the test a couple of times to confirm it.

4. Joshy Ocuk

Joshy Ocuk New Member

GPU:
    Fury X
    is there any progress in getting fury x bios working on this? at the moment its unable to find any tables.

5. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    SO you added timings to 3 straps like this?

[​IMG]

Strange at those RAM speeds you wouldn't be getting EDC (ECC errors), more info stated in this post by The Stilt.

6. cosita88

cosita88 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 290
    Is valid for a 290?

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    R9295X2 only. and only with WATERCOOLING full block requirements.

8. cosita88

cosita88 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 290
    Thanks

9. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I have successfully added BFR ram support to 2 different roms.

One was straight forwarded where VRAM_info was same size in each, so just copy and overwrite in another rom.

Second was where receiving rom had smaller table thus when larger table added other data / command tables after it shifted, this required a further mod which we will for now call the "directory of tables" :nerd:. This was accomplished by some brainstorming between me, DDSZ and Lard.

I also think this was why the rom which I created with a gpu core voltage offset did not work ;) , I may grow the balls to try that rom again or keep an eye out for cheap card on ebay to experiment on.

To a degree I can verify if modding is successful by parsing modded rom in atomdis to verify all data / command tables are being picked up correctly :nerd: .

Due to the time taken to do mod and number of hex changes that need to be calculated and applied, guinea pigs will have to appreciate production of rom will not be that quick, if they want it done.

Here are some samples of two stages out of a few for mod of the second rom I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In above image I manually entered hex in excel to calculate shift, if anyone knows a better way of dumping hex to something that separates it then allows manipulation please let me know.

I shall be creating a "How to.." in the OCN thread regarding changes to "directory of tables" for instances of modding smaller / bigger tables once I have done more of these roms.

10. Insan1tyOne

Insan1tyOne Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295X2
    Plug2k,

Why does this BIOS file require a full cover block? Is it just because of the boosted clocks (1150 / 1600) or did you have to add a bunch of stock voltage to it to achieve those clocks? I was just curious, because if it is just the 3D clocks that make it too hot for the stock AIO cooler than someone with stock cooling could still take advantage of this awesome BIOS by just lowering the 3D clocks back to their default of 1030 / 1300.

On that note, have you made anymore progress with this R9 295x2 BIOS since the time you posted this?

Thanks!

- Insan1tyOne :)

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3D clocks and Voltage are quite high 1.350+ ect and the VRMS need better cooling than that crap AIO cooler`s air cooler can provide.
    though im sure the bios would be fine on AIO cards but im not willing to take the risk in saying it will work fine when it might not work fine, + i don't want to be responsible for breaking there expensive cards.

---

yes i am working on even lower voltage and 2d clocks ;)
    also going to be tweaking memory timings, + modifying other clocks for other types of formats, so there is still some work to go with this bios ;)

I also got the makers of AIDA64 to add VOLTAGE/CURRENT/POWER suppport to there program so people that use it to monitor stuff can now do so from the previous update support has been added :)

-- for instance i have this on my desktop works quite well and reports everything :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  12. Insan1tyOne

Insan1tyOne Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295X2
    Plug2k,

That is awesome! I recently purchased an R9 295X2 for an mITX machine that I built and would love to use a version of your BIOS that you are making that is more tuned for the "stock" cooler on the R9 295X2.

Thanks!

- Insan1tyOne :)

13. ocvn

ocvn Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295x2
    hi mate, reported. The bios have a problem. Flashing fine, however when I restarted, stuck in bootscreen with : "thread stuck in device driver". Revert back to the bios you gave me before work fine.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Weird should not have a issue with it, did you DDU and select new graphics card then flash then boot back up. ?

weird cause it should not have a issue on bootup as the bios is set to bootup @ default bios values until you install the graphics drivers then my low voltages kick in. (as startup and windows boot are using the reference values in the bios until drivers are installed) as no other changes take place within the bios until drivers are installed.

15. ocvn

ocvn Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295x2
    Windows 10,driver 15.7.1, 2 x 295x2 with koolabce waterblock.triple 4k eyefinity. Temp is totally fine. Really weird issued. flash back to the previous bios you gave me work flawless but with new bios, it showed the issued above:3eyes:

16. ocvn

ocvn Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 295x2
    Can you modify your bios as follow:
    2D clock 100-100 ( i think needed for dp port drive the 4k display)
    3D mode: 1050-1600 with voltage 1.28

17. d875j

d875j Member Guru

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    What's the best bois mod for XFX R9 295X2 i just got 1. I will do the water block bois mod when i get my block in 1 or 2 weeks. For now i just need 1 with stock cooler for now.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  18. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    295x2 bios for stock aio cooler much appreciated! How would you decrease the temperature of the card akin to the full water block, but only using fans? I have 3 noctua NF-A14 casefans and 2 noctua NF-F12 iPPC2000 and 4 noctua NF-F12 iPPC3000 incoming, but if its not possible to cool the card sufficiently in the corsair 750d case for your modded bios, I might return the fans.

well, I tried to flash Plug2k 295x2 bios using atiflash -f -p 0 uefi__m.rom and atiflash -f -p 1 uefi__s.rom and got black screen and bsods during boot BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO or something. Reverted to original files and everything OK..

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  19. sharkraiden

sharkraiden New Member

GPU:
    AMD
    I have a XFX 290 (NON-X) with ELPIDA RAMS (its working on 1500 MHz oc AB) can I flash to 390x bios 4gb modded? and its gonna work?
    or what if I fail the flash? can I flash back to stock bios without another vga? I have only this vga card have.

Compatible adapters detected: 1
    Adapter #1 PCI ID: 1002:67B1 - 1682:9295
    Memory config: 0x500013A9 Elpida
    RA1: F8010005 RA2: 00000000
    RB1: F8010005 RB2: 00000000
    RC1: F8010005 RC2: 00000000
    RD1: F8010005 RD2: 00000000

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  20. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Ok would it be worth it to bios flash my gpu to the one from the r9 390 pcs+ now that the drivers are the same?