390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mega

Mega Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D R9 290 @ 4096x2160
    have club3d 290 was able to use the 390x 8GB bios from the 1st post.
    Running 1050mhz core, and 1500mhz memory -20% load.

ccc shows I have 8GB of ram.

2. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    Slightly updated version
    [​IMG]
    Download
    Not all ROMs may be supported, because I made this as temporary solution :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  3. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    @Plug2k: i have some work now so i cant focus on editor but send me your bios file in PM :) i will try to add support for this card

@sTOrM41: its editable in powerPlay this tab is now obsolete :)

4. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    where can i download haway bios editor? :banana:

5. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    link doesn't work!

6. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    Does changing anything in voltage table means under/over volt it? My Sapphire Tri-X also doesn't display anything in voltage edit tab

One more thing, changing fan speed with DDSZ Hawaii Fan Editor resulted to NOT FOUND value (the fanspeed did change though)

7. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    fixed :bang:

8. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    @asder00, but what do you think about these values?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Looking good guys but I have a question is there any benefits of flashing a 290 to a 390 or a 290X to a 390X such as more voltage for higher and better overclocks and lower temps?

10. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    love you!

worked like a charm on my r290x dc2 bios.

about 8° gained only with a little tweak on the bad fan default profile.

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    http://www.megafileupload.com/4Ja3/ASUS_+_MSI_BIOS_R9295X2.rar

there ya go mate click free user shouldnt take long to download 0.3 seconds lol
    i have added asus r9 295X2 1030-1300 untouched rtl bios
    and the bios i use on my msi r9295x2 witch is Asus 1030-1300 + uefi gop added cusom bios.

once support is added to those 2 bios`s then i think you wont be that far off from adding support for all R9295x2 bios`s.

12. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Just as an update RE comparing XFX stock 290X bios with The Stilt V32.

I was struggling comparing the bioses due to how the data tables where at different locations and some had different lengths.

Powerplay , VoltageObjectInfo table and VRAM_Info where different in coding and length so I came up with this method which speeded up the process.

View video link:- removed

Why I start removing data from the end of bios upwards is this allowed me to cross ref atomdis tables to remove / cutout code for comparing.

All command tables listed in the tables that Atomdis creates are identical between XFX & The Stilt.

The FirmwareInfo differs with 4 hex code changes.

Also there is a difference how The Stilt organizes bios, view image.

[​IMG]

Data between areas 0 -A101 between both bioses varies alot and the atomdis tables give no labeling information for those sections or length, perhaps this is due to old atomdis being used?

There is also no reference for the data after the command tables finish in tables produced by atomdis.

*** edit ***

I have removed the video, Ihave today found out that the command tables list made by atomdis is also not in order :( . So I'm starting comparative again!

14. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
  15. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Thanks man and well done keep up the great work looking forward to more compatibility and fixes for R9295x2 ;)
    also if its possible to change the vendor id to say asus or any other brand :)
    or even better to be able to change the ID of the card and the bios name of the card so that future drivers you install get installed for R390x :)

-------------------------------------------------------

just a little grip though not sure if you can fix this or add it in future.
    but in this image.

[​IMG]

You can see the black circled area`s.
    there is no way to identify what voltage is for what say 2d / 3d / uvd / ect ect
    same goes for memory frequency, no idea what is 3d memory 2d memory or uvd memory as in if someone wanted to change those to there custom settings ect there is no way to identify what changes what... ect ect

just something to add for future revisions of the program :D

again i will leave it at that BTW AGAIN awesome work.

16. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    In powerplay tab GPU / RAM Freq. table lists DPM 0 -7, marked in image.

[​IMG]

Blue box is CCC Overdrive Limits for GPU / RAM , the bios values are being read wrong.

Under other tab the tables you see are marked in this image.

[​IMG]

I have requested to OneB1t to add extra to those areas so data have more meaning for user ;) .

I have calculated how DPM 0 - 7 is done on the 290X bios by comparing stock 290X with Vaopr X 290X STD and OC edition bioses.

[​IMG]

The 390X also must have similar method but differing % of DPM7.

There are links with further info on those states for anyone in this post Link:- http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5111644&postcount=377

I have been comparing the Vapor X 290X STD & OC edition bioses and they only adjust clocks in GPU / RAM freq DPM0-7 sections and not ACP / SAMU . VCE & UVD don't seem to have any editable clocks associated and I think work at full GPU speed (DPM7).

[​IMG]

Quick view of 390X bioses through the OneB1t Hawaii APP also confirms they also do exactly the same for VCE UVD ACP SAMU as with 290X bios.

17. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    One of my brother's Asus R9 290X reference is fried after trying to push the voltages with powerplay.

Luckily a close friend of my is working as a manager at distributor, He manage to exchange the both reference for two Asus 290X Matrix Platinum, because its still under warranty.

Now I'm regretting that I've brought GTX 980 and given my brother my old 290x, should have just held on the old one and RMA it.

18. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
  19. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Thanks for the informations provided here and in overclock.net forum ( 290 / 290X Bios Editing topic; i assume it's you there also cause it's the same nickname :p). I finally managed to fix the bios of my old hd 4350 that had the powerplay structure messed up ( basicaly only the boot state was right, rest were unknow or not used:)) ), now my antique hd 4350 works as it supposed to work (can't flash it with another bios, I lose the dvi port, somehow the vga connections that supposed to go to the dvi port actually go to the vga port, and the ones that supposed to go to the vga port actually go to the dvi port, so if i use another bios i end up without a working dvi port, vga port still works but the gpu actually thinks that i'm using an dvi-to-vga adapter (linux say the display is connected to dvi when in fact it's connected to vga) (and yes i made sure that i always used a bios from another hd 4350 that had hynix memory)).

Sorry for the offtopic, just wanted to say thanks :). I will keep an eye on this topic, maybe I will find something broke in the bios of my hd 7750, so far the other 3 amd/ati gpus (hd 5670,4650,4350) that I have needed some fixes in the bios (hd 5670 needed the uvd clocks changed to match the max clocks to fix the well known uvd bug with hd 5xxx, the hd 4650 had the boot memory clock set too high (some white flashes during boot process, no issue after the driver was loading cause it was switching to the right mem clocks) and the hd 4350 had some "nice" powerplay states boot/unknown/high perf/unknown anyway the high perf was never used because the driver was no longer checking after finding the first unknown).

20. |ALE|

|ALE| Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury X
    maybe for the voltage it must be edited every value to up the offset. So for +25mv may be it must be added 25mv on every value?