1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

390x bios leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by WarDocsRevenge, Jun 16, 2015.

1. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    That means that Sapphire can make that sign :D

2. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Member

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    It won't work on Windows.
    Why do you use any pre compiled files?
    Clone the source code with git and compile it with gcc by using make, then run it.

Where can I find that BIOS? It would be helpful to have two similar BIOSs (same version, same card layout) but with different voltages.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  3. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    As not know better! LOL new learning curve! ;)

Many thanks, will try this later :)

*** edit ***

I visit Sapphire Forum and these links is latest bios for 290 which given to owners for black screen fix.

Sapphire Tri-X 290 OC edition (Hynix)
    Sapphire Vapor-X 290 OC edition (Hynix)

I also have Tri-X 290 STD edition bios, this one I never asked if latest, was original that came with that card.

4. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    [​IMG]
    Tell me what you think about these values

5. bobrix

bobrix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970@1542/8000
    It's from that sapphire forum and you can compare with standard bios but its like two different bioses.

About that powerplay table above, ive copied entire table from sapphire bios with 25mV to asus crap bios and it did nothing, idle was same as original.
    I have noticed that only fan/temps profiles were different, all other values same as asus bios. I think that sapphire did some kind of trick because afterburner reports +25mV on start not like it is on normal bios.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. LumPenPacK

LumPenPacK Member

GPU:
    Palit 980 Ti
    I'm also not sure if that PowerPlay table is the full story on Hawaii series. I suppose voltage control works quite different on Hawaii cards compared to older series. Maybe other data tables in the BIOS have also some effects.
    The 390x BIOS with 290x PowerTable seems to the have the same voltage behavior than the default 390x BIOS, but its different on the 290x BIOS.

I did some comparison with older 6950 BIOSs where you have absolute values for voltage and it's quite easy to locate those values in the PowerPlay table.
    But on Hawaii there are obviously no fixed voltage values. It seems that the voltage depends on conditions like temperature and current. (similar to Intel's Load Line Calibration)
    Although there must be some entries in the BIOS which controls that behavior but it makes it much harder to find it. It might be impossible without additional information.

Here's a comparison between the 290x uber BIOS and the 290x powersave BIOS.

[​IMG]

0x00000028 could have something to do with voltage.

DEZ 1032 vs 979

7. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    What about comparing The Slit bios roms?

Link:- https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12830.msg121827#msg121827

Link:- https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12830.msg125148#msg125148

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
  9. OneB1t

OneB1t Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X@R9 390X 1050/1325
    someone tested to decrease 2D clock? maybe it will help with stability with low Vcore

10. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    I think he means this one.

11. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Yes, on Sapphire forum you can not link bios files, members share via PM.

And the Vapor-X thread

I will test other brand bios on my Sapphire Tri-X 290 and Sapphire Vapor-X 290X.

I know on my Tri-X 290 stock bios and updated both give +25mV in MSI AB.

On my Vapor-X 290X stock is +31mV, I found a member on OCN who had OC edition 290X Vapor-X and asked him what his stock gpu core offset was, his was +25mV. He send me bios, when I try first load of MSI AB after flash it show +25mv then I click reset it shows +31mV and never go back on reboot/reinstall/reset of MSI AB.

12. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
  13. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
  14. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Thanks for taking the time to post this :) , I know how long it would have taken you ;) , as I then applied your analysis to my Stock Vapor-X 290X bios.

[​IMG]

Here is TXT of values from my bios.

15. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Yeap i have +25 on my Sapphires 290 Tri-X as well.

Im pretty sure on the the main reasons for the black screens is the lower core voltage. Ive tested it and if i put it real low it get insta black screen.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015

16. gupsterg

gupsterg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    I agree I have also found this when testing.

I also had a Asus DCUII 290X STD edition for about 3wks, that did the same. Regardless of if I used the bios that came with it or the updated one from Asus Support page. The Asus 290X had +0mV , regardless of which bios used. Updated one on Asus site state "improved stability".

Asus 290X also had lower ASIC rating than both the Sapphire 290 & 290X. At some point I hope to analysis the powerplay section of Asus bios, thanks to DDSZ's post :) . I may also use that table edited into the Sapphire 290X bios to see if it lower gpu core offset.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  17. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    I think the only way we can use the 390s bios is if we use the same core voltage.

18. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    just flashed a 290x to 390x also flashed RvE mb bios to 1501 got some testing to do

[​IMG]

19. MSIMAX

MSIMAX Member

GPU:
    3x 290x cfx
    playing witcher 3 at 1100/1505 i noticed clocks fluctuating down to like 1056 and remember before switching to pt1 bios it would do that , so i lowered voltage until the clocks stabilized which happened around +31 anything over causes it and this is with the bios from first post. can someone mod a asus 390x to 4gb bios so i can test with gpu tweak?

[​IMG]

20. DirgethCZ

DirgethCZ New Member

GPU:
    R9 290x Vapor-X 4GB
    Can someone post others 390x bios with edited 4GB vram + downclocks? (1000/1300+-)
    I have my r9 290x Vapor-X with first one XFX 390x 1000/1350MHz Bios
    When i turn on PC first boot in to windows driver crash and restore and after it, works fine for me.. (15.15 drivers)