1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3700x and BSOD

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by LordSoth, Jul 12, 2019.

1. LordSoth

LordSoth Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    Got a new AMD 3700X and i have had nothing but BSOD non stop since installing it.

Anyone else having this problem or just me.

Asus strix b450-f gaming. Latest Bios (2406) and chipset drivers.
    RAM: Corsair 16gX4m2a2666c16 (16.0,18,18,35,53)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There's different chipsets with the naming Asus strix gaming f

3. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    What RAM do you have, and what speed, timings, RAM voltage, and SOC voltage are you using ? It is most likely a RAM related issue.

4. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium

5. LordSoth

LordSoth Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    Went from 1700 to a 3700X, everything else is the same hardware wise (ram/HDD) etc.

6. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Have you tried uninstalling NVIDIA drivers using DDU and then install a slimmed version of NVIDIA drivers ?
    I play Apex Legends a lot and for some reason NVIDIA experience is giving rare crashes in that game.
    But running a slimmed version of NVIDIA drivers gives 100% stability.

Extract the driver (with any compression tool like WinRAR or 7zip), delete every folder except for the following

Display.Driver

HDAudio (if you don't use HDAudio then just delete that folder also)

NVI2

PhysX

Open the setup.cfg file with any text editor, scroll down to the bottom and delete the following lines

<file name="${{EulaHtmlFile}}"/>

<file name="${{FunctionalConsentFile}}"/>

<file name="${{PrivacyPolicyFile}}"/>

and save. Install drivers normally afterwards. NVENC is still usable for recording with OBS or Afterburner.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Hence why he should try with a slimmed / clean driver.
    Don't know if it will make any difference, but it's worth a try.

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Switched out for a new monitor...HDR600 certified, crashes constantly, solution disable Ansel. That pos has been the bane of my rig. That is what I would try first and most likely why the slimmed down version gave stability. Initially the crashes were related to not setting the color output to 10bit. But even afterward it still had the intermittent freezes and crashes.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    try the leaked 435.27 driver that is on these forums, I am using this driver and have not had a single BSOD with my 3900X.

Also dont use the XMP/DOCP profile for your memory, manually input the speed, voltage, and timings I have had issues with my board booting using the DOCP option. Just copy the same settings as the DOCP but manually input them your self.

Also, use the Ryzen Power Profile as this contains the Windows 1903 fixes and will use the 1ms timer rather than the 15ms timer of balanced profile.

ps/ i am using a crosshair vi hero x370 board.

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I went from 2600X to 3600X chipset 1.07.07.0725 with Nvidia RTX 2080 431.36 Driver and have not had problems.Like posted above do not use XMP profiles.Ram can definitely crash the new CPU easily.
    I have seen a few people having troubles with 3900X and the link provided Caesar make the most sense.Yes it does suck but keep trying different drivers and Ram settings.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    @LordSoth : You have non-stop BSODs, but did not provide code, nor text.
    As for usual Zen behavior. When CPU does not have sufficient voltage for operation, it causes hard freeze... no BSOD.
    I would expect memory configuration.

But you should really provide BSODs details and if they are same or differ from time to time. (I tend to believe you should know if it is still same or multiple ones by now.)

13. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Check your event log for WHEA error 17. I just got my 3700x yesterday and I have nothing but BSoDs because of some issue. Unfortunately it’s probably not just an Nvidia issue because I’m getting WHEA errors related to me Samsung NVME SSD as well. I have not been able to get it working. I hope it’s a BIOS issue and not a bad chip.

14. itaybraverman

itaybraverman New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI
    Hey @Kool64 ,

I don't think its a bad chip, as I'm in the exact same "boat". Having WHEA error 17 followed by BSOD, consistently. (3900x, 1080ti, x370 Taichi, 960pro NVMe)
    I've seen similar threads in Reddit and Overclock.net
    Hopefully this issue will be solved in the next BIOS update, or the next official driver update by Nvidia.
    I tried contacting ASrock's support, just in case they might know something that we don't.

If I will have anything helpful, I will post it here, but currently all solutions provided didn't work in my case (still didn't check the "leaked" Nvidia driver mentioned in this thread)

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it won't be resolved by a driver update.

these are hardware level link tuning problems where the pci-e bus is experiencing significant error correction events, radeons are also affected on any x570 board not using 1.0.0.3, and has been introduced on non ryzen 3k chips when agesa is upgraded to 1.0.0.1 or 2

16. CapKrunch

CapKrunch Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    I swapped my old 2600 to 3700x on MSI B450 Tomahawk, and have no problem except for ryzen master isn't working anymore. I did uninstall chipset driver before I swapped the cpu, and also, I reset my bios to default before swap. Maybe you can try reset bios to default?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats because your board is using 1.0.0.3ab, which doesn't have the WHEA errors

you will in the next weeks have a 1.0.0.3aba to flash that also carries the Destiny 2 (RDRand) fix

ABA has been pulled from testing due to PCI-E errors,

i can and will make that statement, 1.0.0.2 is leaving the hardware improperly configured resulting in hardware ECC firing or even bsods.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    - Latest BIOS Update?
    - Did you perform a CMOS CLEAR
    - Uninstalled old chipset drivers prior to new ones?
    - new windows install?

Geryboy likes this.