3700+ oc multiplier question?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by dales, Sep 4, 2006.

1. dales

dales Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    i'm oc'ing my 3700+ sandiego and i'm wondering how to do it best. if i want to go from 2.2 to 2.3 g, do i go fsb 210 with multi 11x or 230 fsb and multi 10x?
    i've been doing a lot of reading on the subject but i'm not quite sure how to start.................thanks

2. dales

dales Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    ok this is what i got. i've now realised that i cant change the multiplier so i pushed the fsb up 10Mhz etc.
    i've set the memory to 133. i'm wondering if i could go to 166?
    seems pretty stable now i havnt changed the voltage at all...........
    [​IMG]

3. jhale2004

jhale2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800gt 512mb / 22" 5ms widescreen
    how are you changing the settings?

4. dales

dales Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    from the bios.
    only wierd thing thats happened so far is i needed to repair my ethernet connection on each re-boot??? wierd.
    after 30 mins of cs:source my cpu temp is 44deg. i noticed now my HT link has gone down to 840. is that bad.
    i set SB>NB 200
    SB>NB multiplier:5x
    K8>NB: 4x
    memory: 166 1T
    i followed this guide http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/a8n32-quickie-oc-guide-vt65243.html

5. dales

dales Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    ok i've got it to 2.4Gb now. is there a way to unlock the multiplier in the bios?
    i found the area where its at but i cant touch the settings?
    here's the screenies anyway............
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    thanks for the help.

6. Sinacle

Sinacle Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 1800xt 700/1600
    No sorry, you can't change the multi to something higher than 11x on your cpu. You're doing fine, but you shouldn't use a divider unless your memory can't cope. You're overclockingi your cpu and underclocking your memory. You should aim for 2,4 ghz without divider and test for stability. By the way, the cpu is very likely to hit 2,6ghz+ without too much voltage increase.

7. dales

dales Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    i've hit 2.5 gig now. i ran 3dmark05 and got 6508 points and a cpu score of 5760. does that seem normal?
    i set the voltage to 1.4 and its showing up as between 1.42-1.46. my cpu temp was at 46degrees max in 3dmark05.
    i think my ram is now overclocked and my HTT is set around 1000Mhz.
    i figured out how to set the multiplier to 10x (lol simple)
    anyway check these pics and let me know if its about to explode or something.
    cheers...........
    [​IMG][​IMG]