361.77 icafe vs older driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Artefact, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:
    Thermi gts 450 83 degrees
    Hello i just tested latest icafe driver versus older driver

i had uninstalled previous driver from safe mode with latest display driver uninstaller

so i tested driver in unigine valley benchmark

here are 344.47 driver score

http://i63.tinypic.com/2z9i260.jpg

361.77 icafe

http://i65.tinypic.com/2i0ywq1.jpg

so as we can see i had lost 2 avg fps,3.7 lower on minimum fps,and i had lost 84 points in benchmark by updating driver.

so as we can see all cards are suffering older driver are slightly better. Even Fermi is performing worse,as Kepler many times.

This is not worst driver i had even seen -120 points in Valley in one older driver

So this is just one small test to show you how drivers are slowly losing performance,i am still forced to use this driver because it have +4-5 more fps in all latest games,compared to never drivers. I had notice especially in dark souls 2

Yes its poor fps in both results,but its slightly better

i had also tested 344.47 icafe on windows 10 and its working even better 1-2 more fps in games and benchmark,this is one of the best drivers for old Fermi cards

:eek3:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Master Guru

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1060
    why don't you just use the older driver then ?

if new games come out, just import the games profile from recent drivers to the old driver that you still use.

for me, when it comes to benchmarking, the 355.85 quadro still has the edge over recent drivers.

3. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:

I am using older driver offcourse..i will try that quadro 355 :cheers:

where all those improvements disappear in new drivers,nvidia...:3eyes:

4. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:
    Here is new comparison i just tested latest 362.00 driver

http://i63.tinypic.com/55laom.jpg

and here is 344.47 icafe score

http://i63.tinypic.com/2z9i260.jpg

so i had lost 2.1 average fps, 3.7 on minimum fps has lost, and 87 points less in unigine valley with latest driver.

And 344.47 icafe can also work on win10 pro x64 and it performs better with 1-2 more fps.

So clearly older drivers has been better,and even Fermi is working worse

nvidia... :3eyes:

5. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Did you do multiple tests?
    all your stats seems to be really in the error margin, especially considering the numbers are so low to begin with.

6. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:
    Yes i had done multiple tests always same scores..old icafe works better on win 10 pro x64 1-2 more fps

its also interesting that FluidMark have 6 fps more on win 10 compared with win 7 x64 system.

its interesting that older driver give better fps in games.

have a nice day.

:3eyes:

7. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    were you able to test 361.77 icafe on windows 10? i tried installing them and had no luck

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I made a thread over at the geforce forums, proving that a certain older series of drivers are faster compared to the newer drivers. I suggested that anyone who uses the GTX 700 series and below should use the 337 series. After testing the 337 series and every other driver, including the newer ones, the 337 series are about 15-25% faster. Now I'm using a 550 ti, and the only issue i found using them compared to any other driver is in Global Agenda when selecting a character, there's some flicking going on in the background, but that's it. Also this is a old video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBiZjvgZ-o4

But it still proves that these 337 series drivers are faster compared to the newer ones. Those with windows 10 can't use them though. Also just to note to the OP, I tested the 337 series vs the 340 series, any other driver above 337 series drops performance. even those 344 drivers are weaker compared to the 337 series. Besides that, im using a q6600, I'm sure if i had a better CPU, i would way better performance. But i haven't bothered to upgrade yet, but i plan too.

Anyways, i did many tests with the 362.00 and 361.91 vs the 337.50 with that Valley Benchmark

362.00, 361.91 was the same results as the 362.00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can read my thread over at
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/884253/337-50-is-30-faster-over-the-newer-drivers/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Vally or Heaven is not really 100% performance difference indicator. What you got there is within marginal error.

Only max fps is 1fps faster and that's nothing. You can fix that with different frames to render ahead or with threaded optimization on/off..

Back when I still had Kepler, 356.04 or 353.49 was the fastest by dx11 API overhead, especially 353.49

Current 362.00 is somewhat in the middle, single threaded could be better..

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Why are people even bothering with iCafe drivers? They're intended for internet cafe's running older mid-range cards. They're intended to product optimum power/performance. They're not intended for the general public to use.

11. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Yea TJ i understand that. speaking for my results, it was only a bit more, but overall the 337 series are way faster compared to any of the other drivers including the new ones. But the new ones having tested them aren't bad, they performance just fine, with my testing the performance increases only were with certain games. Like in defiance, i notice a big difference. Besides that, any driver is good, just depends on what hardware someone is using.

People are curious. i was, i tested them but they heat up my GPU to 100 degress lol, never again did i use them.

peace

12. Thraxx

Thraxx New Member

GPU:
    780Ti/3gb
    344.47 its one hell of a driver, best i ever used in my 780 ti. But its just too old for some games.

13. LongWayRunner

LongWayRunner Banned

GPU:
    EVGA
    334.89 was great!

14. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:
    Some icafe driver versions clearly have some optimizations which are excluded from latest drivers on these older cards...so its very strange and fishy,nvidia

:3eyes:

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The icafe drivers are optimized specifically for cards being used in internet cafes to get the absolute maximum performance and efficiency from them. Th GTS450 is among those cards.

16. Artefact

Artefact Banned

GPU:
    Yes thats correct..and its best performer ever for Fermi cards

these driver is also working on windows 10 pro x64

fermi thermi :3eyes:

17. Dynastar

Dynastar Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
    @Artefact :

Hey, buddy !

You may try to test my advanced extended repack for 355.73 iCafe driver if you have never used it, right here :

http://www2.station-drivers.com/ind...view=topic&catid=4&id=1645&Itemid=255&lang=fr

DriverVer = 08/18/2015, 10.18.13.5573

This driver is very close to old 344.77 iCafe driver but however newer than this last one, of course, anyway.

Dunno if it can work on Win 10...Who does ?

Best regards

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  18. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    actually you're right, i decided to try the 337.94 drivers and valley benchmark was terrible , but games run way way faster than all the rest of the drivers. The 337 series are the best drivers for anyone using a 700 series and under, i recommend people use them.

19. billypit

billypit Member

GPU:
    MSI
    [Promt on]
    All listed the best, in their opinion, drivers. However how to be in the Windows10 version actual at the moment? For Kepler.
    [Promt off]

20. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Do you have any actual proof this time? You recorded a 0.2 FPS difference in a benchmark and consider that to be an indication of degradation of performance. Although I suspect this is yet another obvious case of confirmation bias.