2. PlayStation 3

31.6%
  3. Xbox 360

23.9%
  1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I be getting the Wii, its cheaper. Then after i get it, i'll get rid of my gamecube.
    Since. It also suppose to do 480p like the Rev1 gamecubes. I remember watching a video at ign with this dude at that lizwig or whatever that place called. and was talking about it.

there many games I want to play and I like the idea they have with the controller. Now i can really feel like that i am in the game. then sitting there getting fat.

2. yagz

yagz Member

GPU:
    nVidia eVGA GTX460
    This epic battle has just begun. The 360 is already out and should be because it has an absolute business ogre backing it up, the Wii to be released soon, and the PS3 isn't looking so promising as far as price range goes. XBox has an awsome franchise going for itself, (cough cough) Halo, but doesn't seem all that innovative. My friend has one and there tends to be latency issues and it runs more like a computer than a gaming console. I have a computer and I love gaming with it, so if I want a gaming console, I want a console, not another computer. But for the price you can't really beat it. Nintendo has always been about innovation and interaction so I'm interested to see how these games play out. And the idea behind being able to play EVERY NINTENDO GAME EVER is a BiG selling point. The PS3 is going to be great, but the price tag is a little much. Sony has the edge on Microsoft in innovation (dman that word) but with reoccuring software and gameplay, we may not see a big demand for PS3 when it releases. Killzone better be as sweet as they say!

BTW: I'm a big Sony Playstation guy and always will be so take my comments on this fact.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    yeah.... i'm sure PS3 will be good to, but i highly doubt many people will be willing to spend the cash on it, especially those that know that since that price has been announced, it's recieved several performance drops due to lack of availability. Heard/seen a rumor going around that Nintendo may actually sell the Wii for $150US..... which if that is true, will probably be the one thing it needs to squeeze the rest of the appeal out of the 360. Plus, Wii also has the selling point towards kids AND adults.... not just gamers who need the best FPS possible. and to those who want the best FPS's..... how can you beat actually being able to AIM at what you're shooting at, instead of just moving a control stick to move the crosshairs (and rather crappily at that). Even if they sell the Wii for half the price of the 360..... that price point, plus the fact that just about EVERYONE is curious as to what it's capable of, would make up for the difference, and then some.

Quite simply...... i think Nintendo may be in a position to leave the competition in the dust at this point.... even if they DON'T sell the Wii for $150.

4. IdentidY

IdentidY Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7600GT
    ive been looking into wii too...somthing to play if i get grounded (Haha) but for example, if a storm comes? i can play taht...or xbox live :D but i have a surge protector..but i never risk it anyways..my pc is too delicate

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    yeah. the only thing i don't like about Wii is that it doesn't support high definition..... or at least not 1080i/p..... think it supports up to 720p. would have rocked to have the Wii connected to my computer monitor.... play it in PiP while doing something on the computer..... taking breaks between the two. could still hook it up to my monitor every once in a while... but will probably be mostly a TV experience.

6. IdentidY

IdentidY Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7600GT
    pip lmao...i have that on my tv..thx for the idea!

7. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Thing with the wii, its not next gen graphics, from the games i've seen, still looks good as most nintendo stuff is. Obviously better then gamecube. Still i'd like to see a new waveracer on it.

Actually talking of waveracer, anyone know of a emulator for waverace bluestorm, i'd love to mess about with that on my pc:)

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    if that's the one for GC.... then as far as i know, there is no emulator for it. most of the time, emulators for consoles don't seem come out until the console is passed it's time, and a new one came out.

9. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I found a gc one, supposed to be pretty good, but don't know if bluestorm works on it, as i can't get hold the game:(

I also d/l found a nice n64 emu, and better still all the games u ever wanted if your into that thing.

I'm a sucker for water, what can i say:)

10. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    Wii for sure!
    like always nintendo bring some great innovations!
    I used ps2 only for MGS serie and DBZ and Virtua Fighter...PS never had that good title IMO. But with nintendo i always had tons of good games to play with: Metroid, zelda, Mario ( tennis, party, football, ....) , Viewtiful Joe, ......And with Wii you could play all old Nintendo games! Just wating they convert Killer Instinct! ^^ and im really curious to see how's the feeling in COD3 with the new joypad!