360 Vs. PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ryman03, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Which system do you prefer in terms of graphics and gameplay?

1. CPU

81.9%
  2. 360

6.9%
  3. I still play Atari!

1.7%
  4. I don't care, and in this case I shouldn't be voting.

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Could you please see pass the graphic? Is it necessary to mention again and agian that pc will always be in the front...if you can eford it..
    The games are more then graphics. GTA,Halo,MSG,Zelda,PES..... Not high end graphical engines but they do sell alot on consoles. The question is not about power but about games no mater if pc is faster or not.
    Like i sayed before the day a mouse/keyboard is introduced, or a similar controler(Revolution?), into consoles FPS and RTS are going to have a huge competition on the pc. And then only a few people will pay more just to play it with beter graphics on the pc. Remember people with high-end systems are the minority.

2. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    And Vice Versa of course; Neverwinter Nights, C&C, Gothic etc.

3. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    well, it is a 360 vs pc thread.

but ya, graphics aren't all.

some games like system shock and fallout will never get old.

can't beat a good game or a good story. even if it looks like poo today.

anyways, if you want the good games, forget 360 and go get a game cube. lifetime of fun to be had over there. not so flashy, tho.

-scheherazade

4. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Excellent point. Many of us have gone completely off topic (including myself :( ).

Right again.

Vice Versa on that too... Xenogears, Digital Devil Saga, Tales of Eternia, Jade Empire, etc.

Back to the topic though.

Xbox 360 might be able to compete with a high end PC, but not trump it. No way in hell, even now. And it will only grow more obsolete with time.

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Totally agree with you. My Gamecube was give me a game can ilustrate my point. Eternal darkness, poor graphics but an outstanding game.
    And if the point is comparing from the technical point of view the pc and the 360 then the answer is obvious. And there is no point in discussing the obvious is there?:))

6. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    OK OK, all this hype about the 360 and so far I feel let down....

I just went to EB games today to play the 360 for a SECOND time to see what exactly the COD2 Demo looks like compared to the demo on my computer....Again, I was shocked, the 360 looked really bad, I mean REALLY not good looking at all compared to my computer, and my computer runs it just as good if not better.

I saw choppy models, there was no AA at all on the 360, the ground textures looked like Nintendo64, and lastly, the smoke...It looked like crap compared to the smoke that I saw on my computer with the demo.....I know this is just a demo, but I have a feeling that the graphics will not improve much more, if any on the 360, so from that said I am going to stick with my CPU, until something austonishing happens..

Oh, and just so you don't ask me, YES, I did play it on an HDTV with all of the HDTV cables hooked up....

But I guess if you sit far enough away from the T.V., you won't notice the graphical flaws as much as if you are close up to the T.V.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  7. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Yup, I played this at Bestbuy today.

I wasn't really all that impressed, compared to even my PC.

The problem might have been the TV... I standard TV will not get the most out of the X360... But still, it's not a huge improvement or anything.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    wow........ nice posts of those "real time" xbox 360 pictures (just cause it's a video doesn't mean there was somebody sitting behind the controller playing the game. didn't watch the video....... didn't care enough to go through the effort). all you did by doing so was prove my point. you're paying $400+ on a console for shinier people. come on... you think they look awesome? from BOTH of the games.... the people look almost leather-like..... and look at the NBA Live 2006 pic. it doesn't even look like the guy's hands are actually ON the ball...... and wtf is with Deng? looks like he dislocated his shoulder, and broke his neck in like 2 places. looks like shear crap if you ask me.

9. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

Look at ingame footage and you will see, And look at PGR3 and so on, pc games are just not there yet.

10. kurgen11

kurgen11 Member

I really don't get those people that are whining "Who cares about the 360, when the PS3 will be here and be more powerful..."

1. Who the hell cares about the PS3 NOw ANYWAY.tHE 360 IS here NOW and the PS3 is well over a year away.Blue Ray dvd drives haven't even launched yet, and the PS3 is supposed to incorporate them....Looks like 2007 for the PS3 to me.I'll worry about it when we get thee.Until then i'll enjoy my new 360 just like i do my pc.

2.Apples and Oranges.My pc will do things a 360 and PS3 never will be able to and other things beter than the 360 and PS3 ever will.The 360 and PS3 will do things better than each other and things better than pc's.Why not enjoy what's good about them all, instead of berating them and comparing them like two 12 year old fighting over whose got more pubes.

If i am lucky enough to own all 3, then i will and be happy with each for what they do best.

11. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    well, i played the COD 2 demo and i was really really impress by the graphic, it was locked on 60fps, much better than my pc with my ultra6800 overclocked. the graphic looked really clean, high res texture (floor, wall, eviroment) same quality texure has pc version, and it has AA all around. they had it at circuitcity on a samsung lcd hdtv. i felt in love. COD2 on my pc play so bad, i hate pc games how the frame jumps up and down all the time and u have to customize characters details ,enviroment and lighting just to get a decent PLAYABLE frame rate. i also notice that COD 2 for xbox360 looked exactly if i was playing on pc with all detail on HIGH. and yes it did have dynamic lighing and all that shiot.

i'll say this, a high end pc can do anything the xbox360 can, but here is the problem. making a game for pc is very dificult because companies have to make a game that can be playable on many high end videocard and mid level cards. if they design a game especially for an 7800gtx, or x1800xt, it would look has good or better. just look at the tech realtime demo, of ruby for x1800xt.

12. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    I'm sorry that your computer can't handle COD2, because mine definately can at almost max settings. And about the graphics looking so good on the 360, you must have been sitting a good distance away from the screen, because if you get anywhere up close to it you can see all the inperfections..

13. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

You are lieing because my 7800 GTX 256mb that i used to have bearly handled it and i know it did not hit 60fps at max settings... You must been playing with direct 7.0

14. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    Actually I am not lieing, because I did not state that I run at 60 fps. I have AA on 4X, Trilinear Textures on, and dynamic lights on Normal, running everything else out at the max on 1152x864 res. The game runs very smooth, at about 30-40 fps, which is very playable. And I am using DX9 btw.

15. Shex

Shex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GeForce GTX 970 HOF
    You guys really need to get the latest nvidia drivers... I for one anit lieing when i say the performance difference is very! noticeable, and this is on max settings 1280x960 AAx2 - AFx8.

Oh and for the user who posted earlier about Xbox360 having constant 60fps, If i where you i'd go back and play the game again because all consoles have a lower fixed frame rate if I'm corret unless its racing car games, and they both don't stay at a constant fps. I don't know how you calculate the fps that the xbox360 was doin with your own eyes...

16. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    I think they judge it based on fluent motion.

Which can be accurate... Don't forget however, 30FPS can look like smooth motion on a normal TV. :)

I'm buying COD2 tomorrow, and I'll judge for myself.

17. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    What is all this COD2 can't run on your pc crap. I run it all maxed out etc. with AA X AF turned up on my 19 inch lcd and I run it fine. I didn't find any bugs at all except the occasional hiccup which everyone gets, but the game doesn't even look that great, IMO. Mind you this is the demo, and for me most of the time the full version works better. And compared to FEAR, Far Cry, Half-Life 2, or Doom 3, I didn't even think COD2 looked as good. Serious Sam looked much better, seriously! And I maxed both out.

ANd don't say a $300 360, because only the $400 dollar one is worth getting. You can't save or load large levels on the $300 dollar one. Include the game, an xbox live subscription($20 for 3 months), and a high definition screen if you want, and you will come out to alot more than $300.

A good pc such as one with a 7800, will last a good 3 years, so don't say pc needs to be upgraded and all that other bs.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  18. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

19. JamesDax

JamesDax Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7600GS
    You beat me to it, so i'll just add a quote from that review as well as one from TeamXbox.

Second & third reviews of CoD2 are in and TeamXbox gives it a 9 out of 10 while Gamespot gives it and 8.8 out of 10. Heres a quote from the Team XBox review:

"First off, let me just say that Call of Duty 2 on the XBox360 is superior to the PC version of this great game. Ask anybody at Infinity Ward and they will tell you the same thing."

And Gamespot adds:

"The game's graphics are also excellent, whether you play on an HDTV or a regular TV. If you play the game at HD resolutions, you'll find that there's no discernible difference between the Xbox 360 game and the PC one. The levels are just as well appointed, the textures are razor-sharp, and there's a great amount of detail in the character models. The effects from smoke grenades and explosions also look wonderful.. Most importantly, though, Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360 runs buttery smooth--even smoother than the PC version did for us in a lot of cases. Areas and situations that would cause most PCs to hitch up run perfectly fine on the Xbox 360 version. If you play on a non-HDTV, you do lose some of the sharpness and detail. But the game still looks better than just about any shooter we've played on a regular Xbox, and the frame rate seems even higher than when you play at HD resolutions, making up somewhat for the decline in texture detail."

Thats a better then 9.0 average for the game after 3 reviews with each saying the game is as good as or better then the PC version.

20. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Good link.

Now, the only thing I'm wondering is... Is this truely do to the Xbox 360s capabilities, or because the PC version didn't get all the attention it deserved in the optimization department.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.