360 Vs. PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ryman03, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Which system do you prefer in terms of graphics and gameplay?

1. CPU

81.9%
  2. 360

6.9%
  3. I still play Atari!

1.7%
  4. I don't care, and in this case I shouldn't be voting.

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    Well I have found that in my experience with the 360, I am still leaning towards the PC as it has the edge in my opinion.

Let this thread be a place where we can all talk about which one we prefer and why, and try not to start a war in doing so.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  2. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    It's a console, it will never compare to a PC. Simple as that. Hype is just that, it's never a big deal once you play with one.

3. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Yeah I played it at best Buy also it was going 60fps constantly without dropping pretty impressive. But they turned the AA off for all the demo's which are over a month old because they were Beta. Overall the game looked very good but even with AA it wasnt as good as on the PC which also has glow and dynamic light which I didnt notice on the 360.

4. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    I want to add on one thing, I noticed some 'lag' or 'slowness' in CoD2 in Xbox360 when I turned around to the sand that was being flying around behind the car, and that was a weak point personally for me against the Xbox360.

5. mannionmax

mannionmax Guest

Thanks guys you put my mind to rest, all my mates who bum consoles say that the 360 will run CoD2 better than my PC!

I really hate the way microsoft keep saying that the 360 will have unbelievable performance never seen before, with their triple processors. I think it's all marketing, nothin beats a top PC.

LOL oh yeah has anyone seen the price of the 360 games??? sh*ttin £50!!!!! What a rip off. I saw Quake 4 in the shops today for only £24.99 for PC. Console chumps get ripped off!

However I will be buying the PS3, looks amazing!

6. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I don't plan on getting a 360 til maybe they drop in price but my friend got his on reserve so I just wanna see what it looks like on my 73inch HDTV. PC forever tho

7. sunderland

sunderland Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    could you not get a bigger tv outlaw88 that one is a bit small now :D

8. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    :p I would've if I could've

9. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

COme on guys right now as of now the 360 is just better then any pc be real.. 48 pipelines compared to 24 pipelines? COme on i played both the 360 version runs better and will look better on final version, Plus you have to remember that these are the first games ever made for x360 so we have alot to come when devlopers start using x360 full power.

10. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Put a HDTV and plug the 360 the see the difference. The 360 will run COD 2 at speed and visual quality that only a few computers can now. The 360, and i hate Microsoft, is a great product. For 299 you get a piece of hardware with huge potential. Pc will always be faster..... if you are the 5% that has the money to upgrade every 6 months. Even today a large percentage of people have systems that are a litle faster then the X-box 1.
    The pc for the masses as a gaming machine is near dead. If you want to play cod 2 in decent frames an iq how much do you spend on a pc builted from the ground?

11. MattTS

MattTS Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x Nvidia GTX 1080
    So you're saying the Xbox 360 is all hype yet you're believing the PS3 hype? They're both just being hyped up by their respective companies. We'll just have to wait and see. I think the PS3 is being hyped up more as Sony are top bull****ters. "PS2 can do 66 million poly/sec and will have Toy Story quality graphics." Anyone remember Sony saying that? I'm sure MS has had their fair share of bull**** marketting too.

12. mannionmax

mannionmax Guest

I am really comparing the PS3 E3 videos to the 360 ones. I know they were run on macs but the graphics look amazing, have you seen the MGS4, Gran Turismo and killzone trailers, they look amazing. I think that 360 is just a good current PC but the PS3 is a large step ahead of even todays PC's. I know we will have to wait and see but PS3 is my favourite just because all the best console games come out on playstation, always has been. xbox is just a PC, and not a very good PC at that. Especially the all those FPS that come out on consoles that you have to control with a joypad! lol can't beat the keyboard mouse combo!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2005
  13. MattTS

MattTS Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x Nvidia GTX 1080
    Killzone was pre-rendered and I guess most of the other PS3 demos were. When they're both released we'll be able to tell which is better but it's very likely they'll be exactly the same. There will probably be a keyboard and mouse for consoles or they might even support standard USB keyboards because they do have USB ports.

14. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Seriously, have you ever played an Xbox? The good majority of PCs today are significantly better than anything the Xbox could ever hope to produce.

And as for the Xbox 360, I'm not saying it isn't powerful, but it's not as amazing as people think. The same thing happened with the Xbox and PS2 launch, people declared consoles to be the graphics kings and said PCs were dead. Just give it a short while though, consoles never hold any crown for long.

15. JamesDax

JamesDax Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7600GS
    This quote is taken from a review done by totalgaming.net who gave the game a 94%.

Not to mention that the Devs themselves (Inifinty Ward) said that the XBox 360 version would be better. You can't really judge by demos.

16. apolir

apolir Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    at the moment the 360 might have a small lead. but with upcoming tech improvments coming soon to consumers. the pc is more than likely going to take the lead by mid january, early febuary imho.

also the 360 has a big advantage.programing wise, for that they know exactly what its capable of, and whats in it. pcs have a huge array of differnt setups. so more times than not they design it to be utilized by as many people as possilbe, thus lowering certain aspects of the game.,most times graphics.

17. Crucible

Crucible Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti ASAP
    So it could just be that the game is just better optimized for the xbox 360. It is like that with many games that are made for consoles and THEN made for PC. Just wait a little while and the road will split again with PC only games.

18. dean_dc

dean_dc Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 256mb X800GTO@stock
    ok first p.cs rule all i found that out about 2 year back wen i wos 12 then i sold my ps2 got into p.c gaming (currently building new rig)

second consoles are for the not as bright gamers people who cant built or buy a decent p.c AND people who prefer there sporting games as i have admit there is more or a variety of sporting games avalible 2 consoses

and finally p.cs r for fps (first person shoots) and any1 who plays halo or anythin ****ty lik that 4 xbox wants a slap because they are clearly blind, thick or have a fatal illness.

thx dean dc

19. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Money my friends!! Please give me a configuration from 299usd in wich i can play my games at 1280x1024 with full AA and AF at high settings and lasts at least 2 years. Give a configuration in wich i don´t need to update drivers, download patches update the OS configure a firewall etc etc.
    Consoles is the future of gaming.
    Obviously not for everybody but for the vast majory of gamers yes.
    Cheaper. Un console costs less the a decent graphic card and lasts longer.

20. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti

For some reason that post made me feel so superior!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.