36 cores / 72 HT

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by venturi, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Damn this is what I call the everything PC. This PC can do pretty much everything thing that you can think of. Makes me wish I had a PC like this but not with 36 cores I don't need that many I could survive off of 12 or even 18 cores.

2. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    new improved temps

I'd say that's win over watercooling

I re-did my scythe cpu coolers from scratch to get the fins on better and re-TIM all the contact areas.

here are temps after being on for 3 hours in a 73-74 F' room doing lite work in excel and email which I guess is a normal idle temp.

[​IMG]

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That core count though.

4. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    venturi my friend, you tested winrar 5.30 benchmark?

5. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    I shall do that tonight, 1 minute ago I bought an official license for winrar.
    I was/am using 7z

6. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    winrar

I'm sure it's not good score or not but here you go for 72 threads.

The first test I ran read 20,115 but I didn't get that screenshot

[​IMG]

I think there is a flaw I noticed in this test: if I turbo up just 4 cores at 4ghz, turn off all the other ones, the benchmark went up to 26561, which makes less sense to me, but when I just do alt-b and don't turn off 68 threads then its almost 20,000.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it sees past 64 threads all the way to 72

So I'm lost on how it measures and or multi-threads. In addition, when it ran the test, the cpus only showed 1-5% usage, and the cpu's downclocked themselves to 2.3ghz

So honestly, I don't get it, but here is probably a lousy score

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  8. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Who are you venturi! Is your username based off Giovanni Battista Venturi and the Venturi effect?

Why have I read all this thread? And most importantly, why I find my self so impressed by you and your build/WS? So many unanswered questions! :p

Seriously, you seem like a cool guy who knows his stuff. And I do like to meet/see people who do so. Kudos!

And I must that for few moments while reading this thread I thought or more appropriate I should say, I felt like I was in a dreamy tech seminar/world.

And all that power would be of good use on Guru3D folding team and Guru3D over HWBOT. Just leaving it out here. ;)

Well done sir for this build and I'm guessing for most if not all, your previous ones.

Good read/thread. :thumbup:

P.S: And I'm true believer of your saying. Its all in the details. That's why most of us miss so much so many times. We just don't look close enough or pay the necessary attention to them.

Most of the times its all there. As I said we just need to pay the necessary attention or/and look close enough.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  9. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    how does one go about folding? Is it better to do it within VM structures or in the raw?

10. gOJDO

gOJDO New Member

Tell me where do you live and when nobody is at home? :nerd:

Jokes aside, If I had the resources like you for a gaming rig I was going to build a single CPU 5960X(and latter upgrade it to 6950X) with a powerful 3 loop watercooling (1 for the CPU and two for the 4 titans). Also I was going to use 4 frameless monitors at 1440p (144Hz G-Sync if there are such) since the Titans are not powerful enough to run 4x4K.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I just saw a rig like this on Linus Tech Tips where he builds 7 individual gaming rigs running off of 1 motherboard. It was 2 Xeon 14 core CPUS and 7 R9 Nanos and mind you the reason behind the r9 Nanos is because they were small enough to fit in the case. All 7 r9 Nanos were liquid cooled. Finally he has a bunch of SSD drives in RAID.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Just saw that too! unRaid OS is what he used, you can easily allocate pcie lanes and other hardware directly to a vhost.

I read up on this about a month ago, my old position I had 20+ vhosts for testing and servers I took control of. So I was curious to see it as a big multiplayer game...:D

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  13. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    Pretty cool, just looked at it. The other one I saw was running VMs in the titan video cards.
    All very innovative.

In 2004 we had a rig that had an individual PC board in each pcie, on an 8 socket dual motherboard from tyan 9really, a 4 socket motherboard with a daughterboard with another 4 sockets). Did a full write up and posted on a site that was really popular back then, nvnews.net. The site is gone now, but they had some decent avant-garde builds on there

14. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070Ti
    can you may test latest intel binary linpack burn test with full mem available all cores loaded?

15. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink
    I'll have find out about this test is and I'll post results