1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

353.62 WHQL (Windows 10 Only)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Jul 25, 2015.

1. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    same here

2. Napster

Napster Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX980Ti SLI
    Yep same here :(

3. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Why some drivers install 3Dvision and some doesn't ?? What's so hard to have it on all and when I want to uninstall I will do that. it's more hard to install it than uninstall it. bha:banana::banana:

EDIT : ha this time it was easy, just extract the files from the installation folder and run 3Dvision.exe xD

DID Anyone tried to uninstall anything after 352.62 ?? please try

It's a new bloody OS.

I just install Directx, Chrome, Tridef3D, Nvidia drivers and network driver everything worked well before 352.62

GUYS, don't you get stupid error when you try to UNINSTALL something ? after 354.62

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.10240.16404, time stamp: 0x55b31b71
    Faulting module name: SHELL32.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16399, time stamp: 0x55b04f5f
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000fc314
    Faulting process id: 0x16a0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c86630bf5a47
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\SHELL32.dll
    Report Id: 3736df7e-f805-439b-a10e-4566bee1ed53
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I try to uninstall something it close the Program and Features window and all the rest after this driver. In instant after uninstalling the driver from Device manager all the windows which "DISAPPEAR" are back . What the hell is wrong with this driver, I formatted again because of that, I didn't know stupid driver can do that and above all I formatted because I bought new SSD. but hell, freaking NVidia.

Windows 10 NVidia drivers

No OpenCL dx9 extension support for Madvr
    No 3Dvision randomly with drivers
    No uninstalling old drivers, just installing above creative a massacre of mess
    354.62 can't uninstall anything from Programs and Features crashing the explorer.exe Shell32.dll
    Bugs bugs bugs

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  4. chuchicoupe

chuchicoupe Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti GX3

Same here... uninstall Programs disappear with this driver. o_O

5. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Looks like this is as a result of a couple of updates pushed out today.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsof...pdates-to-windows-10-causing-crashes-for-some

6. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    The helllllllllllllllllllll ,, It's screw the windows totally everything just over open and behind open like Windows are all bunch of AI who doesn't know how to open and close. I'll try to install 353.54 again, stupid Icafe driver.

Haha , I had a feeling it's not NVidia directly but god knows which of the windows updates cause that and it would just REINSTALL it again , although we can hide it

If you want to uninstall it just go to CMD and write this

wusa /uninstall /KB:3074681

7. karserasl

karserasl Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I have ALOT of problems with any driver for Win10.. It feels like AMD from 5-7 years ago.
    Win10 are in RTM stage yet NVIDIA cant deliver a working driver. Sad

8. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    The most sad part for me is that 353.30 was working fine, but I can't roll back to it because windows keeps pushing broken driver updates without giving me any say in the matter.

9. nizzen

nizzen Master Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Cry me a river...

10. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    It will be better that NVIDIA release their driver from their geforce site not from windows update. I prefer to control the installation instead of letting windows decide about the installation options.

11. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti
    I notice it gave me the errors everyones getting with Windows update. But didnt see it succeed. Im guessing it did install as i cannot open the nvidia control panel now with "You are using a display not attached to a nvidia adapter"

Edit: Rebooting seems to have fixed that issue

12. poweruo

poweruo Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 ti Reference
    The driver in the OP wont install on my 980ti. I then notice Windows has downloaded the same driver although less in size?!? but that wont install either due to some sort of corruption(error about something not being a 7z archive). I then took NvCplSetupEng.exe and NvCplSetupInt.exe from OP's link and copy and replaced the ones in the download my own Windows had done and now it works. Performance seems a tiny bit worse than what i got on win 8.0 fully patched with 353.06 but its still to early to say for sure.

EDIT: If anyone is having issues with the one OP has linked ive zipped my merged copy and uploaded it to mega. Works for my asus 980ti reference on win 10 build 10240. Heres the link https://mega.co.nz/#!mEkVBBTS!2BNrb3kGynmQ7KP-uD1oNpB4RVPwjOsmesja_rvzj

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    What bothers me is that NVIDIA might release an official WHQL, say, for the sake of argument, v353.90 and I install that and find it works great with all my games, only for a buggy v353.92 driver to appear on Windows Update and be automatically installed that does not work with a particular game I am playing.

I can easily see that happening with these forced graphics driver updates. And NVIDIA do have a habit of fixing things in one branch, only to break them in another...I know that from first hand experience. These graphics driver updates absolutely must be OPTIONAL in my honest opinion; not everyone needs to or wants to upgrade to the latest set if the ones they are using are working without issues.

In fact, games publishers and even NVIDIA/AMD generally recommend sticking with what works rather than updating straight away for compatibility reasons.

14. lunario

lunario Member

GPU:
    gtx 750ti
    my post over MDL ill post here too

disabling WU driver updates

1º get https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

2º device manager - display adapters - uninstall- tick remove software driver for this device

3º scan for hardware changes ( it should appear vga )

4º run the troubleshooting- click hide updates - its will show amd or NVidia driver click it and then next

5º install your display driver from guru3d or NVidia/amd

done enjoy

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks for that tip, lunario.

However, the point still remains that it is now more cumbersome than ever to prevent erroneous drivers and updates from being installed, whereas previous versions of Windows always treated non-essential updates and drivers as Optional, giving people the choice of not only whether they want to install them but also WHEN.

The last week has seen Microsoft push out two broken updates already: KB3074681 and the corrupted v353.62 WHQL driver from NVIDIA. Sure, Windows 10 is not officially released yet but at this point Microsoft should be fixing bugs not introducing new ones! I can guarantee that these kinds of issues will occur on a frequent basis post-release if Microsoft insist on forcing updates and drivers onto people who do not have the technical knowledge to fix issues when they arise.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I hope you guys do report the bugs, otherwise they wont get fixed

17. lunario

lunario Member

GPU:
    gtx 750ti
    forced updates will be a reality that's why they released that tool at least you can disable the crappy WU drivers with it . maybe with win10 update 1 they wil give us the option back

18. poweruo

poweruo Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 ti Reference
    well the 353.62 is no good for me.. my 3d clocks are stuck preventing the Card to idle. I guess i have to try the nvidia official 353.30... wish me luck

19. lunario

lunario Member

GPU:
    gtx 750ti
    using the 353.49 hotfix here and no more WU NVidia drivers for me.. waiting for NVidia to release new driver tomorrow or Wednesday like they say

20. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Is there not an option to disable the driver updates (at least there is on my copy of pro), System>Advanced System Properties>Hardware>Device Installation Settings and then set it to "Let me choose what to do". And set it to not auto install driver software.

I don't have a Win 10 Home copy to hand.