353.62 WHQL (Windows 10 Only)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Jul 25, 2015.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    It's not the drivers per se. After yesterday's Windows update FF40 blacklisted the driver for direct2d acceleration and WebGL. No idea how a Windows update lead to this but as of right now you can't enable h/w acceleration in FF40 on Win10 on 353.62 drivers. I've tried forcing it but that completely breaks FF rendering.

What's funny is that the same FF40 (albeit it's beta but there are no changes) was working perfectly on the same drivers prior to yesterday. Gotta love these forced updates, eh?

Some details.

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    A simple fix is to uninstall FF40 and remove profiles and do a clean install. Then everything is working again. Firefox sync to the rescue.

http://pasteboard.co/2F6tHL67.png

(Allthough it only shows 4095 MB of ram for my 980 Ti.)

Edit

Sadly it turns out that it reverts to the blocked state after a few runs.

http://pasteboard.co/2F7io38i.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah, I did a lot of install/uninstall of different things yesterday and didn't find any solution. It seems to work after re-install of drivers and/or FF itself but this lasts less than a minute - and it goes to blacklisted again. I believe that the same is happening on WU's 353.54 drivers which are installed once you remove NV's 353.62 as well.

Would be good to have any comment from Mozilla on this as this is something which is definitely happening in FF40 itself for some reason.

Update: Here's the reason. I think that this was a really bad decision on their part as there is no way of force enabling D2D now for those who didn't have any crashes. As a result of this decision I'm basically forced to use Chrome as my primary browser now on my Win10 machine.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    Thank you for the info. Mozilla should inform us, the users, that they have blocked the 353.62 drivers.