353.62 WHQL (Windows 10 Only)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Jul 25, 2015.

1. karserasl

karserasl Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Exactly! Ppl here already blaming MS but really is NVIDIA's screwup.

NVIDIA pushed the driver update to MS WU and NVIDIA re-released the same driver as official, without fixing anything.

Like i said.. Reminds me of AMD drivers from 5-6 years ago.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I am confused...Windows update pushed out a v353.62 WHQL driver for Windows 10 only which did not detect my card until Cyris modded the driver then it did. I installed that and most games seemed to run fine.

However, I had some issues with that driver, e.g. Train Simulator 2015's Dynamic Lighting setting, until I installed the v353.62 Hotfix drivers which were posted on here last night. These show as WHQL certified in DXDiag and Train Simulator 2015 now works perfectly.

I have just checked the GeForce.com site and the Driver section now shows an official v353.62 WHQL driver for my card and Windows 10. However, this file is some 3 MB smaller at 278 MB than the 281 MB 'hotfix' file I downloaded yesterday. A comparison between the two extracted driver folders using PureSync reveals some of the files are different sizes.

So which is the official driver? Should I install the one from GeForce.com or not?

3. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    geforce experience dont open for me

4. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    now has been opened

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Not sure which hotfix driver you downloaded, but comparing the geforce one to the HF one, they show as identical

[​IMG]

6. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti
    Had some "driver stopped responding" crashes with the one WU downloaded. After using DDU and a manual install from the link provided here, everything seems to be stable.

7. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980
    After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro last night with a clean install I am pretty happy with it so far. Only thing I have seen is with any NV driver other then the default one windows installs, I get flickering when I have program windows open. So if you open say NV control panel and move your mouse around, all the links in the panel will flicker. Not sure what this is, but it doesn't happen on the default windows NV driver only ones I install. anyone have any clues on this?

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ jonaand - Go to NVIDIA control panel and the Global profile. Check that MFAA is DISABLED here as it breaks the DX12 detection in DXDiag and 3DMark for some reason.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    You are right as always.

Turns out I downloaded the official WHQL driver for Windows 8/8.1 and not Windows 10 one as, when I ran the installer, it reported that the driver was incompatible. Duh! So I'm confused because, well, I basically confused myself!!! :D

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    lol, ah well, least you know which one to choose now :D

11. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    Anyone having issues with SVP? whenever I enable GPU acceleration with these drivers mpc hc instantly crashes, if I disable acceleration I have no issues, clearly something wrong with OpenCL in these.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    GeForce.com article on these:
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/windows-10-game-ready-nvidia-geforce-gtx-driver-released

PDF release notes:
    http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/353.62/353.62-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Excerpt over fixes, known issues and profile updates:
    (** I could have included these but it's a pretty big section and it's not driver related so rather than doing that just read the PDF file directly if it's of interest.)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  13. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Installs on my GTX 680 with no problems. I installed mine through GFE.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Fermi users should not get panic, they will receive their D3D12 driver.

15. Gamer deluxe

Gamer deluxe New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    My Palit GTX 980 Ti Superjetstream does not clock down on idle. It's always running at 1152 MHZ.
    After I deinstalled 353.62 correct idle frequency works again.
    Win10 64 bit version

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    When did Nvidia start packaging the updater with drivers again? It's nice to have the ability to receive profile and driver updates/notifications without having to use the bloatware that is Geforce Experience.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They don't, you only get it via WU.

18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    They do. I just did a clean install of the official drivers (with all Geforce Experience files removed) after running DDU and the updater is in the system tray. I assume it has to with the files in either the Display.update or Update.Core folders. Try it.

19. MwR

MwR Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    So, for those like me who got it up to 353.62 along with Windows 10, should I download the installer pack to re-install it again, or it'd be fine as it is?

Haven't much time to test out other than tried out that Homeworld Remastered Edition does work.

20. Joe

Joe Active Member

GPU:
    Galax GTX 970 @ 1400/3900
    Lovely

No custom resolution working

TDR is back.

Upgraded to windows 10 this morning with these drivers :(