353.62 WHQL WDDM 2.0 Feature Level 12 - Kepler again abandoned [Nvidia Lies again]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zoomer-fodder, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Yeah that guy on those forums is completely nuts, I asked him why he continually trolls and he told me he was going to track me down and murder me for supporting Nvidia, The guy is definitely on the loopy side.

On the topic of DX feature levels though, The thing that has me concerned is DX12 feature level 3 support, You'd think Nvidia would have feature level 3 especially considering AMD have it on some of their cards i.e the R9-285, Fury line etc...

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Who? ROU here...

3. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Just turn off MFAA in global and DX 12 support shows up. Not magic , simple bug. Well known "old" bug.

This thread can be closed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  4. zoomer-fodder

zoomer-fodder Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Poseidon 780 SLI
    kepler no have MFAA support in Nvidia Control Panel (?)

5. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Still bugged.
    Let's put it this way, i am not happy for the late support of DX 12 driver to Fermi but kepler received it. The problem is , to see DX 12 support still bugged( Kepler and maxwell too). This is what we experienced before and before when an new OS has been released .

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.3
    Exactly how much have been striped from Fermi and Kepler users and will we benefit at all from DirectX 12?

7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fermi and Kepler user will have full DX12 support like other DX12 GPUs, but Fermi users have to wait a little for a puclic WDDM 2.0 driver. For a consumer point of view is all you need to know, resource binding tiers, feature levels and all related things are only meant for the development scenario.
    Of course Maxwell 2.0 supports ROVs, CR-T1 and TR-T3, but the performance difference between a 980 and a 480 is so huge that even if Fermi supported all those things (and that's not the case), it would gain quite no serious performance gain.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    The minimum requirements for Direct3D 12 support are WDDM 2.0 and Feature Level 11_0. Nobody lied.

9. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 660M
    when the heck will we get our kepler fixes for windows10?

10. Timesgodjillion

Timesgodjillion Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
    I love that everything becomes a conspiracy these days. Endless source of entertainment reading threads from completely clueless people.

11. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

for those that don't know, dx 12 has tiers of graphical capability. Maxwell supports tier 1 and 2. Tier 1 is dx 12 Tier 2 is dx 12.1. Some how AMD in their "genius" decided to give legacy support to tier 1 and 2 with a 3rd I don't know about. What I am getting at is Nvidia doesn't care if they lie or not, as long as you are always buying their up to date product that supports what you need, why would you care if you were nvidia. It's called smart marketing. It's the reason why nvidia is 7 times more wealthy than they were years ago and AMD with ATI is worth 1/3 of the original purchase value of ati at 5 some odd billion. You may not like it because it maybe too expensive to keep up, that's why Nvidia has a wide range of maxwell 1 and 2 products for various types of purchasers. And what has amd done, they just try to copy cat their competition and give away technologies for free. Keep doing that amd and the analysts will be right with amd going bankrupt by 2020. Take a hint amd, hardware is not open source and you shot yourself in the foot by not restricting your tech like NV did. The reason for making a product is to make money guys. None of you are jensen or bill gates. I respect nv and ms for their creative efforts and will continually pay for my OS and hardware out of the fact it took a lot of effort to bring the product to market.

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    What are you rambling on about? Open source hardware? Do you even know what you're talking about? How is AMD's hardware open source?

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    About DX levels i believe, at least in nvidia own belief, they use the most important or the once that they think that developers will use, now since nvidia have close to 80% of DGPU market, i believe their word might mean something.

Then again, if AMD can make awesome compute and gaming card in one package with all DX features, why nvidia have to split all of that across three different generations???

I think Pascal will be monster gaming compute card like Fermi.

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Yeesh, so many whiny babies. Get over your sense of entitlement.

15. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    All that matters is the speed and functions, as long as they give us that there is no problem.
    Even if it is not right, how many care about it (to few....).

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Wow, OP sorry man. But you are just wrong... I don't even

17. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
  18. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    I think I'm gonna stay on 347.88 on my old 660 Ti PC forever until it breaks or something... as for my GTX 970 + 4790K PC I'm still unsure which Dx12 features are supported and whether I'm missing relevant functions, it's a bit confusing.

19. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I think if you read a little you might find Nvidia also offers feature support for a 3rd tier as well. (AMD supports tier 3 resource binding and Nvidia support tier 3 tiled resources). The link below probably contains the most current data and is updated daily as newer gpu driver software expose different capabilities and features.

Nvidia's GM 2 product line will soon have top to bottom support for DirectX 12_1 once the GTX 950 is released. Maxwell (2) supports Conservative Rasterization Tier 1 and Rasterizer Ordered Views which are DX 12_1 features . AMD, depending on which GCN category, includes support up to 12_0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.