353.30 game ready

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Alphy B

Alphy B New Member

GPU:
    980 TI Sli
    witcher 3 is crashing on me more frequently with this driver.

2. Noufel

Noufel Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    best comment of the year :D

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    GTA5 mp part ran the same for me as with 353.06. I did just overwrite - upgrade, no clean install.

Also that initial game start 30fps lock outside seems to be less frequent., spawn inside the apartment runs ok 60fps vsync.

Btw ingame downsampling is much better then driver DSR, 5/4 (x1.250) looks smoother & sharper then driver DSR @ 2560x1440 (15% smoothing). Also 5-7fps faster.

4. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    GTA V seems smoother than 353.06
    But I disagree that in-game down sampling works better, quality nor performance.

5. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    Is this driver for WIndows 7 64 bit or only Win 10 ?

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
  7. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    Cool. Just installed it to test on my new 980 Ti G1 ;)

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What in-game downsampling did you try?

For me x1.250 or x1.500 pretty much eliminates some obvious shimmering also works better with ingame DOF.
    Only DSR had more shimmer by distance objects and less sharp even with just 15% smoothness.
    Btw don't use both at the same time, either one or the other when you test. And really x1.500 is enough, anything higher will have big impact and no visual difference.

I play this with driver forced 16xAF and driver forced FXAA on top of it, both disabled in-game.

9. Vandrell

Vandrell Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Man, the Steam user reviews for the PC version of Arkham Knight is hardly encouraging. Apparently its framerate locked at 30 and horribly optimized.

After all that hoopla working with NVIDIA to get the best experience for PC coupled with the fact that the previous games ports were top notch, this is a bloody disappointment.

10. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I will just be shutting down the computer entirely after Nvidia installs as something makes me get the black screen plus cursor after windows logo at times when I clean up and then do a restart. Shutting down completely seems to solve the mixup. Between receiver TV and GPU I hear this happens now and again at times.

So far so good though after trying to figure out what was wrong: that obviously always sucks and wastes a lot of time. But now that I know to just restart from total shutdown I doubt I will have any more issues.

And it gave me a chance to use DDU and clean up the PC in safe mode.

11. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    No 'desktop' problems at all here. Even the DSR's have vanished, kids are happy Sims 3 is even working now! BF4 is also performing better and it feels as good as it has ever been, those FPS have come back from holiday!

12. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Oh man... I'm used to people complaining about AMD drivers... I just received my GTX 980Ti SC+ today and I started sweating bullets after my driver errors and Black screens. I was going to RMA the darn gpu until i tried driver 353.06 and all my problems are solved. Man... Nvidia needs to hire amd driver team to get their drivers in check.

13. Sh4dowco

Sh4dowco New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 EVGA SC
    Higher temps on my EVGA GTX 970 After 42c idle and 61c load with 353.06 now 48c idle and 64c load wt 353.30. No issues gaming, but i dont see performance improvements my best bench scores with 350.12

14. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Congrats man on the new 980ti!
    Yes NVidia drivers is going down hill since 350.12
    Hopefully they get their things together with Win10 release.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  15. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Thanks, i appreciate that! I was quite torn between the Fury and the 980Ti, these driver issues don't bode well on my decision. Good thing I really need HDMI 2.0.

16. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Correction... I just got a TDR with chrome...

17. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    I was getting these crashes also in 2d while browsing with Chrome on my 980 Ti G1 ( driver crashed and recovered). I think its the BIOS of the cards. All vendors are using the reference voltage values for 2d and lower power 3d power states of the card, but this reference value is not stable for some GPUs. Notice that if you are watching a movie or playing a 3D game the card will never crash. It only happens in 2d/lower power 3d cases.

I have used an edited bios with extra voltage for the lower power states and my 980 Ti G1 has been stable in 2d ever since. We have a thread for the Gigabyte 9xx G1 owner's in overclock net and some people came forward with the issue so there is a BIOS that has a boosted voltages. You can check out a bios for the EVGA SC+ with extra voltages. Hope that helps you a little.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Meh, as soon as I opened msi ab monitoring with 5000ms it TDR in firefox ~ 10min or so.. Turn it off again and all ok.
    It stopped if raised polling rate further to 6000ms, older 353.06 was ok at 5000ms.

Crappy p-states and polling rate nvapi sensitivity issue.:3eyes:

19. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Thnx, Witcher 3 with a big oc avg 80 fps ultra +hairworks. Non oc avg 70 fps.
    So far no craches and Batman AN runs well.

20. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Just had a crash in BF4 MP (BF4 stopped working...). Nothing oc'ed all default specification GPU and CPU.

I have 2 theories:
    1. Nvidia is doing something wrong in drivers since Titan X release. Last good problem free driver is 347.52 for me. Coincidence?
    2. Or they are doing something wrong when it comes to Windows 10 optimizations and DirectX12.