321W, what good graphics cards wud run on this?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Melrose, Jan 7, 2008.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Dont get that psu, I had one of those before and even though it all looked good on paper I had many issues which buying a better psu fixed. Pay the extra £10-15, it will be worth it in the long run. These ebay sellers are also unreliable, look at the wattage in the name (650w) and then read the specs below (600w).

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/127861

regarding the gfx :

1. I would avoid buying it from ebay as you might have issues if theres something wrong and you need to rma (personal experience).

2. I would avoid anything with less than 512mb but if you have a tight budget than buy the 8800gt 256mb as for an extra £10-20 youll get a card thats around 50% better.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139107 (cheaper)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-128-LT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1008 (better service/ support)

Edit: I assume you have bought them, you can still change your mind and fill in a mutual agreement form, this way the seller gets his advertising cost back. In most cases they will agree as its easier than persuing a non-payer and losing they original cost.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2008
  2. i_am_vince

i_am_vince Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800Gts 320 OC (factory clocked
    ebuyer.com selling Sapphire and HIS make 3850 for 102 and 104, but of course it's just a few pound difference. personally i used to prefer ebuyer than ebay when i was in UK two years ago....

3. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3
    well its all paid for already, it was my cousin did it for me as i dont have a bank acc lol

what kind of issues did u have with it?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2008

5. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    aw rite, i don't really know what that means lol, but can it do any damage to any other components by doing that?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

When playing games such as fear mp the frame rates would drop to less than 10 all of a sudden and then pickup after a while, it was absolutely unplayable.

7. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    see if i was playing a game and it was doin that, i wud never have thought that it wud b something to do with the psu lol

8. Marlbro_Man

Marlbro_Man Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 7950GT KO 512mb
    your PSU is a 500W if i did my math right, also there is no way that would work with 10A on the 12V, and no modern PSU has 27A on the 3.3 so my guess is that its 27A on the 12v so you should be just fine there.

9. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    if its 500W, whats the 321W about ?

10. Marlbro_Man

Marlbro_Man Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 7950GT KO 512mb
    thats the power of the 12v rail by itself actully. Your CPU uses the 3.3, 5 and 12, the hard drivers and such use the 3.3 and 5.

11. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    see i dont really know what that means lol so is it deffs 500W then?

12. Melrose

Melrose Member

GPU:
    is there no programs about that wud find out for ye ?