1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

320.18 - burn your videocard

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by IMaysky, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Only that in assessing the performance of your computer at the very beginning when the test DirectX9 my screen went out, the computer restart. And since the BIOS post screen I see horizontal stripes. Screen resolution is low. I understand my graphics card is burned. Drivers 320.18. Thanks Nvidia. What do I do? Throw out? I live in Ukraine. My 2-year guarantees ended in May.......
    I've seen people on the Nvidia forum who also wrote about the fact that they burned graphics card on these drivers. Therefore, I am more than sure that this is not a coincidence.

We strongly recommend everyone to get rid of the 320.18 drivers or you risk losing your graphics card!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Good for those that want a new card and are still still covered.Nvidia likes some and hates another. lol

3. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Yes, but who will buy after this **** graphics card from Nvidia...

4. Rapyer

Rapyer Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    write an email to nvidia and give them your proof of purchase - they may still accept RMA of card.

just describe that your fermi card was overvolted by this driver which caused it to overheat and die, and add links to other people experiencing this issue.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    It wouldnt be wise to say things you dont have proof of.
    ie unless you know for definite that the card overvolted, I wouldnt say that.
    There are other ways that a driver can make a card exceed its power or thermal specs.

I agree its a sensible idea to contact NVidia about it, but just explain what you observed.
    Otherwise, if specifically what you say isnt possible, they may discard you as a crank.

6. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    ^ Agreed, contact nVidia and describe what you observed and let them conclude the cause of the issue.

If it was a specific problem 320.18 they may help you out.

Have you tried resetting the card and re-connecting the power connections?

7. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Oh cmon drivers burning cards now...

8. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    And it did not help. I came across the burnt cards earlier. I had gtx 465 and gtx 260 were burned, the symptoms were identical to those that now this. Here in Ukraine there is no service Zotac, so for me that is problematic or do in this situation, given that the warranty ran out last month. Today I took the video card to the store and asked for help with this issue. I was told that try to find a service. But this is unlikely. I am more than confident that the case in the drivers, because it is on these drivers in the game Assassins Creed I and many people watched the artifacts, I went back to 314.22 and all was well, but as I end the DLC I decided to go back to 320.18 for a game of other games. But I had no luck. I'm on Nvidia forum saw that one man wrote that he burned gtx 480 on these drivers. And just a week ago, a friend came to me for a test 450gts, and the computer started to hang on your desktop. And that too on 320.18.
    Of course, I blame myself, considering all these factors should have stayed at 314.22 and wait for the new beta where these bugs fixed. But it's just awful that certified driver killed graphic card . And given that many of the problems with these drivers it is still available for download.
    Sorry for my English.

9. toasty

toasty Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti 2GHz <1v
    Wouldn't be the first time...

That said I've been using 320.18 since release with no issues; It's been really warm in my room too.

10. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    In my case it was. I started the evaluation of performance. After a few seconds the test DirectX computer froze and the system rebooted. I started the second time this procedure and after the second computer freezes and the system rebooted , this time on a monitor already had blue stripes, low resolution screen, as you can see the graphics card is not fully defined, and it became clear that the chip ass)

11. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I can’t see where there is any hard evidence that the driver caused the issue though.

Possibly just an un-timely death...

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    On what basis are you concluding that these drivers killed your graphics card?

If the driver did not mess with fan control, or disable any overheat protection (built into the BIOS btw), it cannot possibly kill your graphics card.

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I had problems too with these 320 drivers, in a random time if i was dropping a full screen game into desktop bar sometimes the screen was having some nasty artifacts, basically the whole screen the colors were shifted, and to stop this i needed to close the monitor, or to switch back into the game, in the game didn't had artifacts. My conclusion was that there is a bug, and makes this strange colors artifact type.

Switched back to 314, played games for some days, and i didn't had this problem anymore.

Here is the proof, look at the colors on desktop after switching from full screen games into desktop: http://postimg.org/image/7blieu6il/

I know that in the past there was a 2xx.xx driver that nvidia told us to remove it because it burns videocards.

14. Iruwen

Iruwen Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    It could have increased the voltage for pre-kepler cards. But:

So that means he killed three cards?

15. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    I also had artifacts in the form of black color in the left area of ​​the screen...
    In addition, ManuelG wrote
    Do not you find it strange that the GPU-z on my gtx 570 displays 512 processors?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't know that those were artifacts, as i said, i needed to close the monitor and re-open to stop that colors shift like in the picture, or to switch back into the game i was playing.
    Right now i switched some games into desktop and back in the game with driver 314, and i didn't had that problem anymore.

Well here comes the strong video cards, when a company releases some very bad dirvers that can destroy a card, i really happy that i have this strong card lightning implementation.

Or could be what the above user said, maybe they increases the core voltage for Fermi cards, we know that cards work with very low voltage, and that could be the cause, Kepler works with very high volts, 1.3V and higher.

17. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    GTX 260 worked for almost 3 years and before it burned down it is very much basked. GTX 465 worked for 2 months and burned. But that was a long time ago. I did not have no problems in games and on the desktop. There was not any indication that the driver is something wrong. In this case, gaming - artifacts. On the desktop - artifacts. A lot of people complain about these drivers on the Nvidia forum. So, I'm not the only one who burned the video card on these drivers. On 314.22 on these problems were not. What can I say?

Do not you find it strange that the GPU-z on my gtx 570 displays 512 processors?

18. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 GAMING X
    I bet multiple cards are burnt every day worldwide. should we conclude that all drivers are faulty then? or is it just the one you were using when your card died...

sorry for your loss, though.
    I sure hope the driver didn't kill yours because I'm using it right now.

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well the truth is in the middle, but now i've seen many people complaining about these 320 drivers, and i had that problem i was talking about, never experienced that color shifts before, so there is definitely some fishy about these drivers.

20. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Maybe it's just a coincidence and I had no luck. I hope that this is the case and no one gets hurt more, especially those who have ended guarantee)) I just decided to warn people just in case. And thanks =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.