3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I'm sure or certain they're releasing new radiators this year, some of builders like Liquidhaus already using them and pricing should be okay too although I expect they'll be slightly higher priced than HWLabs or be in same price range

I'm using on MO-ra3 360mm Arctic Cooling P12 PWM and they're very nice fans for price which you are paying for them, I'm using 18 of these fans on my loop and quite happy with these fans

Personally I would go with dual 360mm radiators like HTSF and MO-ra3 360mm as external radiator and you will have great water delta T and you can run fans literally in low speeds

Yes sadly XSPC RX V3 are slightly expensive than other radiators but they perform quite nicely on loops in which I have used them

Corsair radiators, its up to you there, if price is good then I would use them too, for same price or lower I can get here in UK HWLabs or XSPC RX

I'm using that heatsink on both of my RTX 3090 GamingPro's, but one of them is copper and one is aluminium, use cheap thermal pad like 0.5mm and point spare 120mm fan on backplate and yours VRAM temperatures should drop by good margin or at least this is my case, if I could point fan on second RTX 3090 GamingPro VRAM temperatures would drop too but sadly I can't and that's why VRAM temperatures are slightly higher than on top one with same OC etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for taking the time to reply always @jura11 !

I think that in this case I will wait then, it's not worth it to do this and them have new rads out in a month or something. Do you have any forum thread/link or video where Liquidhaus is using the new rads, or anyone else who has an opinion on them?

As for the backplate, I will try to cover it with extra heatsinks and I think it will do the job more than fine. My general target is 3x360s with fans at around 800rpm.

3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Here is the link on his website

https://liquid-haus.squarespace.com/

And in this build he is using new Watercool Heatkiller Stainless 360mm radiator

[​IMG]

I think Heatkiller or Watercool usually post on Hardwareluxx

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    And video

Lily GFX, cenationgg and PrMinisterGR like this.

5. cenationgg

cenationgg New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Hello! Here is my build including three graphic cards from Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce WB: 2xRTX3090 w/nvlink + 1xRTX3080 + Intel I7-7820x@5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + 2000W w/2psu + Laing DDC-T + Aquacomputer D5 + MO-RA3 360 :) actualy I am waiting for two EK-SLI 1slot connectors since i had 3090+3080 in the beginning of the year. Sorry for that old Chieftec big tower pc case, i am looking for a new pc case with 8 slots in the backside. I hope you enjoy my trailer, have a nice day!

Lily GFX and jura11 like this.
  6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So, does anyone have a C9 as the primary monitor, and can actually get a picture in the bios (before the Nvidia driver initializes).

EDIT: I just figured out that the HDMI of the card will only put out pre-OS display if CSM is enabled.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I managed to snatch 2x 360SR2's and 1x 360GTS from Alternate in Germany, if anyone is interested.

@jura11 any recommendations for fan alignment in the o11 dynamic XL?

The GTS will go up, and the SR2s on the side and bottom, but I'm still not certain about the fan orientations. I'm thinking of having the top and the bottom as exhausts, and the side and rear as intakes.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    I found that this setup works best as well. I only have two 360mm radiators on top and bottom, though.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So, right now you have the top and bottom as exhausts, and side and rear as intake? My issue is the third rad, but I went for the maximum rad surface that I could. I am even considering just having the rear fan as intake only, and get full rear coverage filters for the case and let it breathe that way.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yes, kind of. Top and bottom 360mm/30mm Radiators have 3 push exhaust fans each, the back 120mm fan is an intake, but I have the O11D G1 Distro plate on the side and replaced the front glass with a ColdZero Lian-Li Pc-O11 Dynamic XL Front Grill where I have three more 120mm fans as intake. But there shouldn't be too much of a difference, I think.

I found that Top and Bottom Radiators as intakes with back and front as exhaust was also quite good for water temperatures (a little better than both rads on exhaust even), by the way, but the non-watercooled components got really hot that way, which felt rather uncomfortable.

My fans are cheap RGB fans that don't appear to be very well suited for radiators, though, so I'll swap them for Lian Li Uni Fans (not sure if the SF120 or the upcoming AL120 variant) as soon as I can find them, I think. Not sure how better fans would affect things.
    On a side note, I'm also planning to replace my bottom radiator with an Alphacool Nexxxos UT60 360 in the near future (when I find a white version in stock somewhere in the EU). I love those Koolance QD3 quick disconnects, they let me tweak my setup without much of a hassle. :)

Yeah, not sure how a third radiator would play into the equation. I could imagine that if it's on intake, you'd put some heat from the radiator into the case, the exhaust radiators would have warmer air to deal with and the airflow would also be more restricted. Although that may not really be much of an issue with three radiators either, not sure though.
    I think your plan is definitely worth a try. Flipping the fans around shouldn't be too much of an issue anyhow. Please let me know the results!

Last edited: May 28, 2021

11. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    That's great there, SR-2 360mm I have and they are my favourite radiators, just clean them properly I would advise you...

Regarding the fan layout, I would remove all filters and remove all PCI_E slot covers and try running all fans as intakes amd keep rear fan as exhaust

I tried to run top fans as exhaust with bottom as intakes and temperatures have been not the best there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The rad changes a lot of things, and I really like the look of the case so I would prefer not to have to change the front.

What I am thinking is having the side rad fans as intake (so they also don't throw hot air on the drives and PSU), and having the top and bottom as exhausts, with the rear also as intake. I understand that this will create a negative vacuum, but I will also get a set of filter from Demciflex that will cover the rear of the case, so it doesn't get filled with dust. I'm reading really good things about these filters.
    [​IMG]

13. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi @PrMinisterGR

Demciflex filters seems are one of the best filters and they're not as restrictive as others, I didn't test them and I can't comment how good or bad they're, wanted get them for Caselabs M8 with pedestal but currently running without the filters and yes I need to maintain loop a lot more plus my skin condition doesn't help with that too hahaha

I would try different fan setups like every radiator fan as intake and one exhaust fan or try top as exhaust and other radiators as intake etc, it takes time to find perfect balance between the temperatures and fan setup plus what works for me in the end can't or won't work for you,because every loop is different in many ways

I remember I built loop in Enthoo Primo with top 360mm 60mm thick radiator and bottom 240mm 60mm thick radiator with fans in push pull and RTX 2080Ti's in NvLink/SLI and 5950X and I expected temperatures won't break 36-38°C on load in rendering and to my surprise temperatures been in mid 40's to high 40's on GPUs in rendering in pretty low ambient, reworked loop again, tried there I think 6 different fans from Noiseblocker BlackSilent PL2 Pro to Noiseblocker eLoop, Noctua A12x25, Arctic Cooling P12 PWM, Phanteks PH-F120MP or PH-F120SP and BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 to test top as intake and bottom as intake or bottom as intake and top as exhaust, best temperatures what I have seen has been with top as exhaust and bottom as intake and difference between the both setups has been higher interior case has been with both radiator fans set to intakes and overall temperatures raised a bit by doing that

If you take my old loop in Enthoo Primo has run 3*GPUs setup(GTX1080Ti with 2113MHz and GTX1080 with 2113MHz and GTX1080 with 2164MHz), 5960x with 4.7GHz OC and that time I run 360mm radiator on top and 240mm 60mm radiator on bottom and GPUs temperatures in rendering wouldn't break 36-38°C on all GPUs and water delta T wouldn't break 6-7°C

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Hmm, this is quite a bit of food for thought. I think I'll order the filters anyway, but try first to do side intake, bottom intake, and then top exhaust and rear exhaust.

15. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    My best Port Royal result with 5950X and Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro with XOC 1000W BIOS capped at 75%

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1055896

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

TheDigitalJedi, XenthorX and Lily GFX like this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Maybe i can reach a score like that too.

Once

jura11 likes this.
  17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 24GB

Nice score jura11.

I wonder how long we're going to have these 3090s due to the mining and scalper catastrophe? I just read Hilbert's article. I'm sure the 4000 series and AMD's next big thing is coming. The thought of trying to get a new card in the future is a downer.

jura11 likes this.
  18. FedericoUY

FedericoUY Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Nice score there, and nice clocks on that 5950... Wich was the avg clocks on your 3090?

jura11 likes this.
  19. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    In that run I got this error :

"Hardware monitoring was disabled. Results without hardware monitoring data are not eligible for the 3DMark Hall of Fame."

I done few runs with 3900X past where my clocks peaked at 2175MHz and average clocks been at 2166MHz as per this run

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/928212

5950X running just PBO with curve optimizer and that's it, I can try disable one CCD and see if I will get better scores but for now I'm happy

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    For time being we should be okay with RTX 3090s and when next GPUs will drop, I really don't know but we can expect next RTX will be released next year or so but for now let's see and wait

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura