3090 Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XenthorX, Sep 24, 2020.

1. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I like normal timespy because cpu, memory and gpu plays a big role in the final result :)

The score scales with everything.

2. Gfunkernator

Gfunkernator New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 GxT
    Ha! Of course!

3. Gfunkernator

Gfunkernator New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 GxT
    How do I go about finding out what my Trio's PCB is capable of power wise without destroying it? I have the XOC bios on right now with the PL at 52%. I want to try some benches and push the card but I don't want to push it passed its physical limits. It is watercooled and my psu is an HX1200.

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Guys I will ask here also, I'm asking on behalf of the friend, friend looking for a RTX 3090 for his build, doesn't matter what RTX 3090

If someone have for sale RTX 3090 please let me know or please PM me

Thanks in advance, Jura

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    @jura11 So, I can actually find in a normal timeframe the 360 GTX. Seeing it in tests in the real world, it seems very very close to the SR2, but it's much "easier" to find. What do you think?
    One example is this user review here

6. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Sorry for late reply

Yes GTX radiators are good radiators although these radiators really like fast spinning fans, they literally shine with high RPM fans, but in lower RPM they'll be okay too although they won't outperform SR-2 radiators in lower RPM

VGS is one of the best reviewers for water cooling stuff with fast_fate from Extreme Rig

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/06/03/black-ice-gtx/

Personally I would use GTX radiators on any loop, I used them on 3 loops in past and they always performed okay

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

7. parisv

parisv New Member

GPU:
    Gamerock 3090 OC
    @riot83 which bios did you use?

8. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Hi. I have flashed to the newer bios and it works. No idea what is different though.Remember I did it at my own risk and do not recommend it to anyone. Just wanted to see what was different. Shame Nvidia don’t say or even promote updates to the bios for these cards.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Falkentyne likes this.
  9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    What NVflash did you use? The https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash/ (5.670 here?)

10. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    0F9D719F-DD1C-457D-A8FA-3DF51F9B857B.jpeg Yes I used the Nvflash from Techpowerup website. I used 5.670. I know I downloaded the bios and Nvflash, put them in the same directory, Disabled my graphic card in device manager in windows 10. I cant remember the exact instruction I used as the command for Nvflash, found that on the internet. As I said i have found no difference in my performance or any list of fixes or anything. Good luck if you decide to do it. Remember how expensive your card is. That is what I was thinking when i clicked ok to do it

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Falkentyne likes this.

11. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I'd only flash it if there was a change in the MSVDD power limits. But the ampere editor shows the exact same limits. Pretty sick of being limited between 520-600W (depending on game). I know the Strix has higher internal MSVDD limits (talking about power limits that happen AFTER you shunt mod, without being close to TDP limits).

12. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Just uploaded my Gpuz image.

Falkentyne likes this.
  13. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Just an FYI, if your having vram temp issues and are on fan coolers, try re-padding the vrams with better thermal padding. Not sure what each brand did but specifically with gigabyte 3090s I was getting 100c to 110c on my vrams with the stock padding. Also the original thermal padding was leaking fluid all over the card. I couldn't believe how much ooze was running off the heatsink, wtf gigabyte?!?

I bought some 2mm Iceburg Thermal drift ice with a thermal conductivity of 13w/mk. Its pricey at 30 bucks for a 40x120 mm sheet. It takes 2 sheets to do a 3090 front and back. You'll have some left over. Dropped my vram temps 25c. Mining eth at 82c on the vram junction temp.

I think the stock padding was maybe 1 or 2w/mk. Again this was for gigabyte 3090s.

14. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    Warranty long gone doing it though

15. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Got another RTX 3090 GamingPro here for testing, still is running on air as I'm assessing if its worth it to keep it or just return it

Plan has been put that GPU in friend loop, but friend bought himself Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity OC which he more likely be keeping and this Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro looks more likely its stays in my PC hahaha, will tear down loop tomorrow or during the week and put that GPU under water

Under air I would say is very noisy above 70%,in 50% fan profile GPU is not loud and I would say is pretty quiet but massive almost 3 slot design is nono for me, didn't OC as much but initial results are not bad at all

Hope this helps

Than ks, Jura

chispy likes this.

16. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Nah, no different than installing a waterblock. Your just replacing the thermal pads with same size but better conductivity is all. Which is what you would do anyway with a liquid cooling solution.

If you damage, or alter the PCB or orginal heatsink and fans however then you void it.

17. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    some companies don't allow cooler removal at all, im sure gigabyte don't, if the screw is perforated then its void?

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  19. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi guys

Reworked loop yesterday, tested another Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro and overall performance is not bad although VRAM won't go beyond 1125MHz and core is unstable beyond 105MHz, anything above 1125MHz will black screen

Temperatures are quite good too, temperatures won't break 35°C in rendering and VRAM temperatures won't break 60°C after 6 hours of rendering

Not sure if I will be keeping this Palit or if it goes to different build

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Hi guys,

Guess who joined the 3090 club :). Got a MSI suprim rtx 3090. Playing at 4k is amazing with 100+ fps in bfv etc.

I have a 1050w PSU and noticed with vsync and gysnc on my pc would restart!! I was able to remedy the issue by undervolting the GPU slightly and now no more problems.

Had me worried as that was a very strange issue.

However I am very happy now and this card really shines at 4k.