3080 tuf OC ed. Same stutter in apex once/twice a game (w/frametimegraph)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kman, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Also getting high DPC Latency with these drivers and the previous 461.09

2. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Managed to find a person with a similar issue and he even supplied a picture https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...son-7/m-p/9991777?attachment-id=478340#M95363

That seems awfully similar to my picture
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/image/ser...7A6E868280829/image-size/original?v=1.0&px=-1

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Heres an example of what i mean when i say that latency mon citing the nvidia driver doesn't necessarily make the issue nvidia's driver.

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/524...ormula-i9-9900k/?do=findComment&comment=23590

In this case, the Embedded Controller support in aida64 was resulting in rapid interrupt requests and the DPC queue was back logged, Display output is almost always the last device in a DPC queue.

latencymon will display that it took that long between the time the dpc was issued and when it was executed, but doesn't provide readable information for that caused the traffic jam.

4. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I actually found like 2-3 ppl with the same 3 pattern frametime spike https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...-ingame-W-frametime-graph/m-p/10020808#M96030 and
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Massive-fps-drop-season-7/td-p/9697656/page/18 Someone even posted a very similar picture to what I have [​IMG]so I know its not on my end now.

Thanks for taking the time though.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yeah, its a weird issue, it'll likely get thrown back at EA and the developer told to shift some work off of Thread 0 back to other cores, theres also the potential of them configuring the process priority to above normal or higher which can make for a weird case where the kernel doesn't assign the driver enough cpu time.

6. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Now for the next obstacle.Trying to get a dev in their forums listen xD.I pretty much relayed everything I tried here to the other forum with 0 response by an actual dev.

7. zais101

zais101 Member

GPU:
    2070s
    peace, have tried to set fclk to 1ghz from default 800mhz, it helps

8. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    What drivers you using now? I just checked latencymon on 457.51 on my 3080 and I'm getting this just from having twitch up taking monitor space doing nothing.Wierd because it wasn't like this high before on w10.(Cleaned installed w10) trying to solve this apex issue.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE:Ok if twitch is in the background it seems like the result is much lower.I can have music on youtube and the same twitch stream (in the background).I wonder if it's all the emotes/chat causing the higher then normal result.(especially a streamers with alot of viewers)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  9. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    457.51 Nvidia WHQL drivers, been the best so far! :)

10. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Yea thats the one im using atm.Frametime wise (micro stutters) it still doesn't seem up to par with the old 442.59 I used on my old 1080ti.

Also in the nvidia forums noticing ppl with 3080 noticing similar issues.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

11. KLCiv

KLCiv Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3070 Dual
    Hi all.

I was having the same stuttering issues as you were, but I was able to solve my issues using the information in this thread... until today when the stuttering returned after 20 days of trouble free gaming.
    I am now convinced that it is a software related issue and is caused by a component of windows that is installed by windows update or it is one of the vcredist installation files that is required to use steam in home streaming, I'm not sure which one.
    I posted on the Nvidia forums about the issues and my initial solutions (which are now clearly wrong)

I hope this helps you in your fault finding, I learned a lot from this thread.

Thanks

12. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    So you didn't...fix the issue?You have a hint of what it might be tought?

Welp.Wish we could get someone from microsoft/nvidia to check these out.

[​IMG]
    Which one are you talking about exactly?You mention steam home streaming but I don't even use that.

13. KLCiv

KLCiv Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3070 Dual
    I have fixed the issue again by using system restore to revert back to when I knew everything was ok, I have tested everything and I have no stuttering again.

Here are the things that the system restore changed about my system;
    restore issues.png
    restore issues 2.png
    We don't have exactly the same versions but it might be worth you uninstalling the C++ redists that are close to the ones we have in common and see if that solves your issue. I don't have them on my system anymore and everything still works as far as I can tell.
    One thing though do not uninstall the 2015-2019 versions, if you do lot's of things (like firefox) will stop working.
    I would recommend making a system restore point before you start to give you a backup.
    Good luck.

Edit:
    I realised it's easier to show what is actually installed on my system
    restore issues 3.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  14. KLCiv

KLCiv Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3070 Dual
    Ah, it looks like I have double installs for some reason and you have the same versions as me as far as I can tell, it doesn't look like this will help you unfortunately.
    I have no idea what it was about the system restore that resolved my issues, if my problems return I'll check for system changes and I'll post here with anything I uncover.

15. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    It's more like micro stutters in my case then actual stutters but anyway.
    Guess I gotta wait for w10 to do something or hope its a gpu driver issue.The nvidia forums have plenty of ppl with 3k series cards saying the same thing. (Could easily be the same issue tbh)

Ib4 you get the issue again after w10 downloads whatever the issue was before.Be vigilant if possible and thanks.

16. xiOpiye

xiOpiye Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce RTX308
    hello all ! i cant believe i found that thread

on start i want to write sorry for my bad english im trying my best, and i want to message that i spent 3 full days trying to figure it out but no effect!

Three weeks ago i got my new PC. Everything was max smooth i was so happy ( like never trust me ), and 7 days ago problem started to be without any reason. The microstutters are very often but its micro stutter, i have felling like my mouse and textures are blocked for miliseconds( when i reload my gun and it stutter int that moment i dont see full animation of reload).

My temperatures are ok, new brand pc 3 weeks ago builded, started stutter without any reason someday... When it stutter i fell it on mouse or on analog in controler too, not only visible. Stutter usually is micro but often

Lets start from this, this is my build:

Monitor Alienware aw2521HFA 240hz
    mb Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA
    PROCESOR CORE i7-10700K 5.00 GHz FC-LGA14A
    memory G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3600C16D-16GTZRC (DDR4 4x8GB CL16)
    graphic MSI GeForce RTX3080 VENTUS 3X 10G
    disk SSD Silicon Power Ace A80 SP512GBP34A80M28 (512 GB ; M.2; PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)
    cooling CPU Cooler Master Masterliquid 360R RGB
    box SilentiumPC Armis AR7X EVO TG ARGB
    PSU MSI MPG A850GF (850Wat)

everything was perfect i was so happy to play apex, no matter what i had capped 140 fps and was perfect no stutter, stable fps. I made Diamond 2 rank with friends and i went to sleep. Next day without ANY reason, any reinstal of program or any change of hardware, my apex started stuttering, when it stutter i fell it on my mouse or right analog in controler depends on what i play. No chance to go for master with that stutter

i was so happy with that pc but atm im mad about it:)

It need to be some automatic widnows update that i didnt know or smth becouse i didnt change any drivers or smth like that before stutter start for me, literraly no changes...

I Tryed to turn of HPET, nvidia reflex, change hz, cap uncap and a lot things like fullscreen optimalization, game mode on off. some days ago was rtx driver update i updated it but no changes. I was so mad on pc that i even formated PC, nothing changed the same effect microstutters in apex. I cant realize game was so smooth few days ago i was so happy with that pc and card, atm... no comment.

If anybody have more news about it pls post. Im so confused its ****** without any reason.

GOOD DAY 4 ALL, peace

17. xiOpiye

xiOpiye Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce RTX308
    sorry im not editing my last post but i want bump it up.

I started checking twitch streamers with apex to find they have problem or not AND !!! Matafe streamer have i9 and new rtx 3090 and have 10000% the same problem like me, exactly the same, stable fps and stutters.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/937702271?t=2h32m16s here from that moment is stuttering, only need to check 30-60sec of that video to know what i mean.

Than its not hardware problem it looks like...

18. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Yea that is horrible.

19. xiOpiye

xiOpiye Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce RTX308
    yea its so sad when friends with 2080 have better perfromance

20. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    This can be related to the new RTX 3xxx series GPU's, who knows... Apex had issues in the past as well when RTX 2xxx series came out, although it was crashes and not these kind of symptoms you guys are reporting.
    I play with a 1070 and i don't experience those spikes.

@kman

could you play one game with the in-game FPS limiter (+fps_max <value>) and show us the frametime graph?